[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

how are you proposing we get americans to take field work jobs getting paid 10,000 / yr?

The 0.07 cents per avocado statement wasn't at random. I've heard/read somewhere in the past that if we just increased price per avocado by 0.07 cents we could pay a $7.25 per hour (up from the 0.25 cents per hour they pay serf labor). If we raised price per avocado by 0.15 cents, we could hit like $11.00 and so on.

They used avocados as an example because liberals love those and it was a slam that liberal policies are keeping these type of serf labor markets open.

But to your question, i think that whole sector needs revamped. We need to start looking at growing our food at state/local community level.

It starts with cutting the illegal immigration issue off and the work visas allowing Mexicans to just work the field during summer months then go back home. Once the labor shortage hits, wages will go up to attract new workers. Prices will go up on food causing capitalism to kick in.

Local markets will will see more foot traffic, supporting these communities and you will have more, smaller producers pop up all around the country.

Right now we have massive regs on the agricultural industry that hurt the little guys that would otherwise jump in. Cutting back on regs to facilitate local/state growth would be ideal also. Cutting regs should help with price on the back end as well.

Just a couple of ideas.

What ever it takes to get the illegal flow of workers to stop and get Americans working.

had a dude try to convince me that McDonald's and Retail workers are starting at 14-16/hr and now getting 2/hr hazard pay. somehow couldnt come up with documentation for it

why do conservatives artificially inflate the wages of the labor force?

In DC, this year, until July I start my retail workers at 14.25/hour - 18 year olds.

Since coronavirus has happened, I'm paying all of my workers 2 dollars extra per hour for those that are working in the store. I am a small business, and there's the documentation. I am doing this by pay period based on the number of hours worked. First coronavirus checks will hit their bank accounts Thursday/Friday.

In DC, this year, until July I start my retail workers at 14.25/hour - 18 year olds.

Since coronavirus has happened, I'm paying all of my workers 2 dollars extra per hour for those that are working in the store. I am a small business, and there's the documentation. I am doing this by pay period based on the number of hours worked. First coronavirus checks will hit their bank accounts Thursday/Friday.

that's great, and commend you for it.
sorry it wasn't clear but i was specifically talking about big box retailers

cant wait to see all that local farm produce filtering to the great communities of phoenix and juneau
and the transition of all of the midwest to not corn and soy

that's great, and commend you for it.
sorry it wasn't clear but i was specifically talking about big box retailers

The minimum wage is 14.25/hour here. I wouldn't pay them that if I could get away with it. 18 year olds aren't worth it, and 30-50 year olds need 30/hour to live here. It has basically held the top of our wages down - frusteratingly while shitty people have to be paid more.

A burger king near me had to cut store hours earlier this year because they couldn't find people to work for $14. Do you think every job should support a one person household?

The minimum wage is 14.25/hour here. I wouldn't pay them that if I could get away with it. 18 year olds aren't worth it, and 30-50 year olds need 30/hour to live here. It has basically held the top of our wages down - frusteratingly while shitty people have to be paid more.

I can remember bussing tables at texas roadhouse when i was 16 years old. I was making like $5.25 an hour and vividly remember telling myself i would never do this for a living and the work sucked balls.

Min wage jobs serve as a learning lesson for young people to work hard to obtain real jobs.

They aren't meant to career jobs to provide for a family of 5.

Back