NGFM Banned for Life from Universal

this country is fucking STUPID

in europe not only is the drinking age 18, but it is hardly even enforced

i have to side with NGFM 100%

legal drinking age being 21 is the dumbest shit i've ever heard of

after reading NGFMs comments on this issue I'm going to go out on a limb and say these types of things will continue to happen to him.

:lol: Great thread.

And here's a map from wikipedia showing exceptions to the drinking age in various states.

Underage_consumption_map_2007.gif

So how exactly can a security guard walk up to a cop and say "He gave his daughter alcohol" with no proof other than his word and the cop do anything about it?

I think I missed something.

Wow, such a compelling argument.

You really want an argument why the US is stupid at alcohol control?

How about the 18th amendment to the constitution... You know the one that banned alcohol entirely.... And had to be repealed 14 years later because of how insanely stupid it was!

So how exactly can a security guard walk up to a cop and say "He gave his daughter alcohol" with no proof other than his word and the cop do anything about it?

I think I missed something.

Is that even illegal, in NY (well unless its changed in the past 4 years). A parent may legally server their child.

according to that little map its not illegal in Florida either :shrug:
You don't have to be doing something illegal to be kicked out of a private establishment (as long as it's not because you're black).

If you break their rules, they can kick you out. If they had a rule that prohibited anyone from drinking alcohol I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Edit: I don't know the exact law in Florida and that map is from wikipedia and as of 2 years ago so we're not even sure about the law.

It might not have been illegal for Ashley to drink the alcohol, but it was probably illegal for NGFM to give it to her.

Back