This place is turning into geriatric complaints department.

NGFM, you are a good guy. Best of luck for everything. How is wife doing after the car accident? Did u ever get a new dog?

Last Saturday I got caught inside had to paddle hard to get to the outside set. thought I made it through but the wave broke right on the back of my thighs and tweaked one thigh muscles so I'm still hobbling. Supposed to go out surfing on Friday with a friend so I hope I'm able to. I seem to be healing okay for an old man. I'm going to tell you guys all about my aches and pains as I get older.

NGFM, you are a good guy. Best of luck for everything. How is wife doing after the car accident? Did u ever get a new dog?
Laurie is fine. She wants the plate removed from her arm, may do it in a few months. No, we didn't get a new dog. Too much work and Laurie goes way over board. I can't do it again.

Eliminate the anonymity, and this place will thrive again. The KKK and Nazi members will shrink away and stop posting, and this place could be really great, again.

As it is now, the only reason it exists is because Nazis can post their opinions, call for their incoming race war pretend like it's code when they talk about ((Jews)) and they think no one else knows what it means. . .we've got a member named after the Schutzstaffel for goodness sake.

Put standards in place where we know who is posting what. . we'll have seen the last of the Havax and has KKK friends. This place might grow. Leave it as it is, and it will die.
Then why not stick to facebook?

vanster is like a fucking vegan walking into a steakhouse complaining people eat meat. Get the fuck out already and form a drum circle with the other "educated" degenerate losers.

He knows who mom is, but thinks she is still at the house. That's because when he arrived at the facility, I wrote down phone numbers of people to call on a note pad. He still looks at that pad and calls the house thinking she is there. He doesn't remember she is at the facility, until I remind him. Long term memory is there, short term is not. The workers put both of them together for meals, but he still forgets she is in the same building in a different room.

From what I'm seeing, the onset of dementia happens from 78-81 in men, it's gradual, happens slowly. There are drugs that can treat it. Dad is on Risperdal, a mood drug. Earlier this year, my dad was making mistakes in judgement, ended up in a facility. That's when you know things are bad. The drugs should happen before that. Without drugs, the person will act like an angry drunk and a 2 year old. The drugs will not stop dementia, only slow it down. If the person doesn't die of a heart attack or stock at 78, then start checking for dementia.

Damn. Spot on. My dad is headed there too, pretty accurate description. Thankfully my mom is still pretty fit and I live a few houses away.

she's not in the US she can walk into a soylent green suicide parlor - or maybe get pushed in via wheelchair

Eutanasia is still illegal in my country (Sweden), but I expect it to change as the welfare industry continues to prioritize as they do. However, starvation is a common cause of "natural" death. There was a recent case of several old people starving to death in a geriatric home because the staff ate their food.

when my grandfather started showing signs of dementia and alzheimers my father lived quite far away and wasn't really on speaking terms with him

my grandmother is basically the worlds greatest enabler of all time to boot

so rather than getting him meds or thinking about the future she just kept letting him do everything normally - including fucking DRIVE until one day he was driving and just totally going the wrong way and she was like "uh where are you going?" and he didn't know where they were going, who she was, or that they were even in a moving car

after that, youd think she would have pulled the keys straight off him but nope, she kept letting him drive for another couple of weeks because "that was just once, it hasn't happened again since!"

until it did

thankfully my bro forced her hand otherwise people would have fucking died because she couldn't come to terms w what was happening to the poor bastard

god damn that's why I smoke and drink and don't sleep

ive seen life with that shit and I definitely don't plan on making it that long

Back