Breaking Bad: Season 4

pretty fucking awesome indeed... though
Spoiler
If you notice, he pops some pills before Don comes out of the house. Not sure what poison was used, but the pills may of helped last longer or something.

If you notice, he pops some pills before Don comes out of the house. Not sure what poison was used, but the pills may of helped last longer or something.
yep.

and the whole thing was a little absurd... but whatever, it was still rad.

Yeah this season has been good, but it is getting a little too ridiculous. The thing I liked up until now was how believable everything was.

pretty fucking awesome indeed... though
Spoiler

Spoiler

Anyone else notice that Jesse has/had the perfect opportunity to kill Gus? now that Gus is poisoned and Mike is shot, and he has a gun.

that would leave him alone, in Mexico, no connections at all, with whats left of the cartel looking for him

I'd probably wait

Walt is losing it and his wife just pulled the most bonehead move ever giving that jackhole that wad of cash!!

Yeah that was fucking dumb as hell. I knew that fucker was going to start blowing it. There's gonna be some serious problems once the IRS starts crawling up his ass.

Are you referring to it looking like Mike was about to shoot Jesse before he got shot?

There is a huge debate on the IMDB boards if he was. He does have his gun pointed up at Jesse, but I think he saw the gunman that shot him and was pointing his gun up but wasn't quick enough. If they wanted Jesse dead, they would of just made him take the poison.

rewatching the scene as they get into the car it def looks like mike was about to shoot jesse

mike pointed his gun straight at jesse infront of him, while the gunman opened up on mike from his left like 90 degrees to his side

yea, that really wouldn't make any sense.. they could have let him be poisoned, they could have shot him back at the pool.. why wait till then?

plus, it doesn't look like he was aiming or even looking at jesse, he just started to bring the gun up and was looking forward as if to make sure he was clear to get in the car and start driving -- maybe he was even covering for jesse to hurry up and get around to the other side

jesse was off to the left a little, and mike's eyes weren't on him

that's my take

screenshots

Spoiler

yea, that really wouldn't make any sense.. they could have let him be poisoned, they could have shot him back at the pool.. why wait till then?

I'd have to rewatch it to be sure, but I personally didn't get the impression he was going to shoot him when I saw it. It's not inconceivable that they might, however (they would have needed the backup until they were out of danger and then pop).
Although the more I think about it, the less it makes sense - he's just proven that he can make walt's product without walt, and he's shown more loyalty to them than walt. Doesn't make sense to shoot him.

Back