Can we all agree the last 4 years has brought out the worst in everyone?

I haven't talked about Dubai as much, so y'know, every cloud.

That said, in case anyone was wondering, Dubai is still awesome.

Yes.
I blame a lot of it on social media. Anonymity gives people keyboard balls. People are just more and more fucked up towards each other.

Just this morning I saw a simple post on facebook in one of the local groups im in, a person posted a car, something like a carolla or something. Few years old, had like 190k on it, they wanted like 1500 for it. First post was someone asking 'what is wrong with it'

And this set off an alarm. Every keyboard toughguy in the county descended on this post giving this person shit for 'crapping on the post'. I mean ripping this girls ass hard for daring to ask this question, it got really ugly over nothing

most of the people i've seen in the past 4 years are getting married, becoming parents, reaching financial stability, improving their skills, developing projects, and generally benefitting from hard work and self-investment. i am pretty much the worst person i know and even i have improved my health, education, and long-term goals.

you will not find these people at protest parades and facebook.com so i guess they are not part of some definitions of everyone.

times are tough but perhaps you are just experiencing what it's like to be late middle aged.

2020 is a lemon. We should get mad.

We should demand to see life's manager and take the lemons back or we should burn life's house down.

True story.

Spoiler

I made more monies last year than the previous 5 years combined.

Thanx You Mister Elon Musk.

The last four years, especially the last three have been an amazing turnaround in personal development and personal achievements. TW is my "sewer outfall" where the shit I can't let go of amongst friends and family is instead dumped on random internet strangers I don't care about.

It's cathartic.

When I visited my gaming buddies in the US a couple of years ago, it really opened my eyes as to how individually the people of the US are such amazingly friendly helpful and wonderful people. However once you put them in a group and you pour politics in the mix it becomes a dumpster fire, I had gaming buddies turn on each other at a BBQ because of a disagreement over Trump (the Trump supporter picked up his gear, walked out and unfriended us on PSN/Facebook/etc over it). It's politics that turns ordinarily genuine, nice, friendly people into absolute cunts (myself included).

It was actually Trumps loss in the election which brought me back to TW for purely selfish gloating reasons, and that's a horrible thing to admit, but it's true. There's no-one here I would actually wish harm on, but there's a few here I would be indifferent about if misfortune befell them (financial, health, or otherwise), and the only reason I feel that way about them is because of politics, and that's only here on TW ... and that's the worst coming out of me.

I blame Trump.

u guys missed maga's 4 year long slide into unhinged despair but u came back at the right time :lol:

Back