PC gaming nerds enter here

1440p is basically mandatory minimum for the 30-series

They have said that for three generations of nVidia GPUs.

IT IS A FUCKIN' LIE!

Unless you want to lose 30% of your FPS and gain next to nothing in graphical fidelity. I suppose his monitor choice might make it a warranted decision though.

Will 1080p games look shitty on a 1440 monitor

YES or NO

JERRY

It will look great!

Consider that most TVs sold today are capable of 4K. However, most content is displayed at 1080p. It still looks great and one would be hard pressed to see any difference between a native device and its lower resolution counterpart. HDR capability and the like are far more subject to one's perception than resolution, even when displayed by non-native sources.

For goodness sake, my 480p Wii games upscaled to 1080p on my Wii U and blown up to fill a 4K display looks god damn AMAZIN' and it has everything to do with contrast and color levels.

Last edited:
This is coming way late, but if you DO decide to build it yourself,

https://pcpartpicker.com/

is a good tool. As you pick everything out, it warns you about compatibility issues and potential conflicts, case space, everything. It even finds what it thinks is the best deal for a particular piece.

Ordered the one i linked.

Looking at monitors now. Allah give me the strength to not drop a grand on the Samsung QLED

dont spend that much on a damn monitor lol
But it's so glorious.....

I'm dismayed at the ultrawide choices. They're all curves and massively chunky.

I plan to do work on the computer too which requires a second monitor traditionally. Figured I would just skip that and go 21:9

I'm surprised they had that pc in stock at that price. Anywhere in the states it would be at least a 1 month backorder if you're lucky

I'm surprised they had that pc in stock at that price. Anywhere in the states it would be at least a 1 month backorder if you're lucky
Yeah they already notified me it's ready for pickup so , yippee

Useless without a monitor.

I like ultrawide monitors but not curves so much. I have a 29" ultrawide and a 30" 4k

Once I get my new desk I'll mount them

I want a flat one to mount on the wall. The curve ones are so fuckin chunky on the desk. They look amazing tho and at 34" the curve makes sense.

30" flat is ok

Back