Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The Drawing Thread
Page 10 of 113
Daedalus
VeteranXV
Old
181 - 03-19-2006, 14:28
****ing twat, if there was one natural abilitiy I wish I was good at, it would probably be drawing. Either you have it or you don't, there's no way to learn skill like that. I wish I could draw like you Snowman.

Sponsored Links
mr_luc
VeteranX
Old
182 - 03-19-2006, 14:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus6
****ing twat, if there was one natural abilitiy I wish I was good at, it would probably be drawing. Either you have it or you don't, there's no way to learn skill like that. I wish I could draw like you Snowman.
That is total crap. Seriously, I'm not kidding.

You get good by drawing. Anyone can get good at drawing. It's like the guitar.

xgalaxy
VeteranX
Old
183 - 03-19-2006, 14:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_luc

While I kind of agree with you.. I think something called "natural talent and ability" plays a strong role in someones ability to find success in something long term.

Daedalus
VeteranXV
Old
184 - 03-19-2006, 14:36
Quote:

People can learn how to improve their drawing ability, but it takes natural ability to be able to create really great images. You're dead wrong if you think anyone can churn out some of the work that has been posted in this thread.

mr_luc
VeteranX
Old
185 - 03-19-2006, 14:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalaxy
While I kind of agree with you.. I think something called "natural talent and ability" plays a strong role in someones ability to find success in something long term.
I think that's liberal hogwash.

Da Vinci drew incessantly. He was obsessed by it.

Ramanujan thought about numbers every stinking second of every stinking day.

Natural ability -- 0.5%
Practice, practice, practice -- 99.5%

It's even less natural-ability-intensive than guitar. Guitar, there are at least some physical attributes that can help some people out more than others.

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
186 - 03-19-2006, 14:41
Quote:
Thanks; my skills aren't as refined as someone like claudius, though. I really like his ****. Though his **** is art, mine are doodles. Here is a less doodle more art piece.

Last edited by epidemic; 03-19-2006 at 14:44..
mr_luc
VeteranX
Old
187 - 03-19-2006, 14:43
Quote:
People can learn how to improve their drawing ability, but it takes natural ability to be able to create really great images. You're dead wrong if you think anyone can churn out some of the work that has been posted in this thread.
Anyone can turn out stuff that's BETTER than that ... with five or ten years of drawing non-stop, getting honest feedback, and struggling to improve their abilities and techniques.

In ONE MONTH of intense study with good feedback, and drawing every day, you could become as proficient as some of the lower-level stuff in this thread.

But most people, even people who draw and are trying to learn to draw, don't draw every day. And they draw stuff they've drawn before, that doesn't challenge them. And they don't show it to someone better and let them rip them a new one and draw over it.

The "naturally good at some SPECIAL THING" story is a load of bullshasta.

Delta5
VeteranX
Old
188 - 03-19-2006, 14:47
I have a zip of 5 Loomis Books in .pdf if someone has a host its 129 meg

mr_luc
VeteranX
Old
189 - 03-19-2006, 14:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta5
I have a zip of 5 Loomis Books in .pdf if someone has a host its 129 meg
I can host that, but I haven't mucked about with my ftp settings for other accounts :P so I'll need to get it somehow first

Luke
VeteranXX
Old
190 - 03-19-2006, 15:05
Damn, I'd read those Loomis books to get even half of what some of these guys can do.

Putrid
VeteranX
Old
191 - 03-19-2006, 15:07
Quote:
Anyone can turn out stuff that's BETTER than that ... with five or ten years of drawing non-stop, getting honest feedback, and struggling to improve their abilities and techniques.

In ONE MONTH of intense study with good feedback, and drawing every day, you could become as proficient as some of the lower-level stuff in this thread.

But most people, even people who draw and are trying to learn to draw, don't draw every day. And they draw stuff they've drawn before, that doesn't challenge them. And they don't show it to someone better and let them rip them a new one and draw over it.

The "naturally good at some SPECIAL THING" story is a load of bullshasta.

I disagree...

I think peoples brains are wired in certain ways that lend to some basic talents.

I am not creative, I don't have a creative synapse in my brain, I am not wired that way...

there is a passion and creativity that belong to the world of art that doesn't exist in my brain.

what innate ability I have lies in certain types of analytical thinking.
I breezed through math.
I breezed through physics.
I watched all the other undergrad and grad students struggling over the material and realized along with some help from a few profs that my brain was just different.

it's not a big deal, it's not something that I am snobby about, just because I am really good at physics doesnt make me smarter, just makes it easier.

although there are time I wish I could draw, that I could be creative, it's just not something that would ever come as easily and naturally as physics or math. I would be a struggling artist but not in the sense of being starving and poor, waiting and hoping to sell stuff, I would be struggling just to grasp the talent and not become frustrated time and again because of the shoddy work I might be able to accomplish from just practicing.

mr_luc
VeteranX
Old
192 - 03-19-2006, 15:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrid
I disagree...

I think peoples brains are wired in certain ways that lend to some basic talents.

I am not creative, I don't have a creative synapse in my brain, I am not wired that way...

there is a passion and creativity that belong to the world of art that doesn't exist in my brain.

what innate ability I have lies in certain types of analytical thinking.
I breezed through math.
I breezed through physics.
I watched all the other undergrad and grad students struggling over the material and realized along with some help from a few profs that my brain was just different.

it's not a big deal, it's not something that I am snobby about, just because I am really good at physics doesnt make me smarter, just makes it easier.

although there are time I wish I could draw, that I could be creative, it's just not something that would ever come as easily and naturally as physics or math. I would be a struggling artist but not in the sense of being starving and poor, waiting and hoping to sell stuff, I would be struggling just to grasp the talent and not become frustrated time and again because of the shoddy work I might be able to accomplish from just practicing.
Math is a creative endeavor, too.

It's just that you're attracted to things of a different nature. Which is fine! There's nothing WRONG with it, but you could learn the actual SKILL of drawing, and painting. I'm drawn to programming in CL, that's the only thing I really excel at; I'm a ****ty drawer (I think my **** is on page 3 or 4 of this thread), a ****ty guitar player, a ****ty sculpter, a terrible singer and a ****ty fighter.

But, I could be good at any one of those things, and so could you. It's all just where you choose to spend the effort -- or, if there's something that feels more rewarding for you, it doesn't take any encouragement to learn it; you ENJOY learning it, so you learn that instead of something that you don't enjoy.

Not everyone has the time to draw at least once a day. So unless you doodle every day naturally -- because you find it fun -- you probably won't get good. But there's nothing creative in the concepts or skills involved; they're just knowledge and skill. Composition is mostly creative (although there is knowledge that can make anyone pretty effective at it). Deciding what you want to make, that's where creativity comes in. But that doesn't have anything to do with acquiring the skill to draw a head that looks like a head.

mr_luc
VeteranX
Old
193 - 03-19-2006, 15:23
It just irritates me, because people say "oh, you draw?" -- like "oh, you're tall?", as if it's an innate quality. I draw because I doodled in every single class instead of paying attention, because it was fun, but I sucked like everyone else at first.

adrian ng
VeteranXX
Old
194 - 03-19-2006, 15:34
If i could draw like you guys i'd draw nothing but naked women.

claudius
VeteranX
Old
195 - 03-19-2006, 15:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wm4n
Thanks; my skills aren't as refined as someone like claudius, though. I really like his ****. Though his **** is art, mine are doodles. Here is a less doodle more art piece.

I really like that.

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
196 - 03-19-2006, 15:35
you'd never leave your room, maaaan

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
197 - 03-19-2006, 15:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudius
I really like that.
Thanks

n9ne
VeteranXV
Old
198 - 03-19-2006, 15:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelyan

Zero-Optix
VeteranX
Old
199 - 03-19-2006, 15:54
Here are some more-with roughs as well...getting paid for these when they are finished.

Last edited by Zero-Optix; 03-19-2006 at 16:22..
Zero-Optix
VeteranX
Old
200 - 03-19-2006, 16:14
technically this is not a drawing but i did mesh painting in this 3d page. I am making a Firefly comic book that involves him testing weapons for Destro.

CapNPyro those pages of yours are looking great!! Good Job!

All the other artist coming out here have some great stuff! I hope we keep "this Thread" alive as for the general title it has.

Keep them coming!

Page 10 of 113

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The Drawing Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
art , goshin , odio is a child rapist , odio is a fucking retard