*delete* feature for TW account? by TheRedDread - Page 13 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page *delete* feature for TW account?
Page 13 of 24
hardluck
VeteranX
Old
241 - 06-28-2005, 14:25
theres also the small fact that 95% of tw doesn't give 2 craps about this thread or even know whats going on.

It is amazing that people who don't even know vir and have never played tribes are quoting him in the other thread though and saying "I don't know whats going on, but this guy is a ******".

Sponsored Links
PinAction
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
242 - 06-28-2005, 14:25
Oh man, this just keeps getting better and better. And I used to think I was a drama queen, hahahahahhaha. Some people grow up, others..well...is it possible to grow down?

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
243 - 06-28-2005, 14:26
So long, thanks for all the fun!

Rambro
VeteranXV
Old
244 - 06-28-2005, 14:27
so no rapture abuse threads on TW huh? I think they had 3 or 4 vir's at least.

actually while all of this makes for good reads, the whole situation is childish on all parts.

but a true team player stands by their team publicly and critisizes in priv, which i assume has happened with all true teams, no one should fault 5150 for riding with VIR and TRD. thats what they are supposed to do.

hardluck
VeteranX
Old
245 - 06-28-2005, 14:28
im pretty sure rapture caught their fare share of flaming in the day.

hardluck
VeteranX
Old
246 - 06-28-2005, 14:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusk|llz
so no rapture abuse threads on TW huh? I think they had 3 or 4 vir's at least.

actually while all of this makes for good reads, the whole situation is childish on all parts.

but a true team player stands by their team publicly and critisizes in priv, which i assume has happened with all true teams, no one should fault 5150 for riding with VIR and TRD. thats what they are supposed to do.
Stone temple pilots tried to stick by scott wyland year after year, and he just took em straight into the gutter time after time.

Hes doing it again with velvet revolver.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
247 - 06-28-2005, 14:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluck
theres also the small fact that 95% of tw doesn't give 2 craps about this thread or even know whats going on.

It is amazing that people who don't even know vir and have never played tribes are quoting him in the other thread though and saying "I don't know whats going on, but this guy is a ******".
I don't think this matters either way, HL. It's been proven that with or without Vir, this has been the case of TW for a long time. We used to care more because we felt this is a community of very intelligent veterans from the old school days of Tribes. As the franchise progressed, this has taken a turn for the worst. In fact, we'll probably be moving IRC servers too.

It's amusing to think that it's the TW folks or people in IRC that is driving us away. The driving force is something different, and you guys can call it Phase I, Phase II, or whatever other word you want to come up with. Bottom line is, if we lasted this long in a community hosting the most competitive servers, playing against the most competitive teams, we couldn't deal with a little BF2 bashing?

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
248 - 06-28-2005, 14:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe
In case you haven't noticed, Shadow, we are trying to alienate the TW community. Individually, I have no beef against anyone in this forum.
Do you think TW picks on you guys because you are 5150? No man, wake up. IE was the best T1 team there was, they had their own server back in the day, they had a LOT of haters but I would wager they have about 1/3rd the amount of hate posts then you guys get.

Why? Because they treated people with respect. They had no reason to come in here with I am the best at everything attitude and were very good at keeping their idiot members at bay. TW doesnt hate you or 5150, they hate the fact that you invite members like Vir who are complete ****ing tools and then try to justify it like Slut and say he is the best gamer in the world. In all honesty when I read anyone from 5150's posts but yours its almost like they are actually thinking they are smarter then everyone else here and we are all just drama whores...

but you gotta think man, there is a lot of hot teams with the same caliber of gameplay as your squad, yet they have /nill in hate posts.. why do you think that is? Does 5150's ego actually believe its because we think you are the best so we just hate because of it?

Rambro
VeteranXV
Old
249 - 06-28-2005, 14:31
yea but has Vir ever caused the quality of 5150's gameplay to go down? doubt it.

Jislan
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
250 - 06-28-2005, 14:31
I like you guys but this is rediculous adren. I think TW has passed some of you up because 95% of this whole thing is not serious yet you guys keep taking it that way. There are no martyrs on TW, everyone here is fickle. I really don't understand why you guys even care enough to make these kind of posts.

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
251 - 06-28-2005, 14:31
Quote:
im pretty sure rapture caught their fare share of flaming in the day.
Yes they did, and many of the threads were NOT locked until they got out of control.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
252 - 06-28-2005, 14:33
omg they are taking their chatroom ball and going home too!

hardluck
VeteranX
Old
253 - 06-28-2005, 14:34
Quote:
I don't think this matters either way, HL. It's been proven that with or without Vir, this has been the case of TW for a long time. We used to care more because we felt this is a community of very intelligent veterans from the old school days of Tribes. As the franchise progressed, this has taken a turn for the worst. In fact, we'll probably be moving IRC servers too.

It's amusing to think that it's the TW folks or people in IRC that is driving us away. The driving force is something different, and you guys can call it Phase I, Phase II, or whatever other word you want to come up with. Bottom line is, if we lasted this long in a community hosting the most competitive servers, playing against the most competitive teams, we couldn't deal with a little BF2 bashing?
I still don't understand what the stink is about. I'm sure there are plenty of bf2 forums for you all to join. And the same problems are going to follow you around wherever you all call home. I am smart enough to not bother telling TW publically that I have no desire to visit here anymore and wish my account deleted.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
254 - 06-28-2005, 14:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13
Do you think TW picks on you guys because you are 5150? No man, wake up. IE was the best T1 team there was, they had their own server back in the day, they had a LOT of haters but I would wager they have about 1/3rd the amount of hate posts then you guys get.

Why? Because they treated people with respect. They had no reason to come in here with I am the best at everything attitude and were very good at keeping their idiot members at bay. TW doesnt hate you or 5150, they hate the fact that you invite members like Vir who are complete ****ing tools and then try to justify it like Slut and say he is the best gamer in the world. In all honesty when I read anyone from 5150's posts but yours its almost like they are actually thinking they are smarter then everyone else here and we are all just drama whores...

but you gotta think man, there is a lot of hot teams with the same caliber of gameplay as your squad, yet they have /nill in hate posts.. why do you think that is? Does 5150's ego actually believe its because we think you are the best so we just hate because of it?
I agree, we do have some cocky assholes on these forums, and myself is definately not excluded during the T1/T2 days. At the same time, I also must disagree with the part about IE having a server. IE's server was in no shape or form as popular as our servers were (on both coasts), hosting many different types of players from the casual players to the hardcore players. We were flamed by both sides as if it were a senate meeting. We dealt with it and we stuck with our policies over the years and throughout it all. Keep in mind that we've hosted servers for multiple games in more than half a decade. I think we've put up with a lot of **** in the past and present. We did our best and I've come in here many times as Mr. PR and after a while, I just got sick of it. This also applies to many of our members and so only a handful really post in here now. My approach was simply to step away and do some interesting reads, whether it be news or politics. Vir's happens to be getting in here creating gaming drama as that entertains him.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
255 - 06-28-2005, 14:39
Quote:
I still don't understand what the stink is about. I'm sure there are plenty of bf2 forums for you all to join. And the same problems are going to follow you around wherever you all call home. I am smart enough to not bother telling TW publically that I have no desire to visit here anymore and wish my account deleted.
That was what Red did. I am only supporting him. We do frequent BF2 forums, and believe it or not, we hardly respond the way we do here. We also know who are, consistently, the people that intentionally create drama with us (as Refried has admitted to many times). The only thing I found astounding - as I'm sure Refried did as well - is how many people are willing to jump on the bandwagon without knowing any of us outside of the drama. Believe it or not, I actually held a very decent conversation with him yesterday and I definately have no hard feelings as both he and Vir were making drama to entertain themselves.

We intentionally kick or ban these individuals knowing that they will come here and make these threads. You don't see this happening in BF2 forums, you certainly won't see this happening to other people outside of TW. We have been very fair to as many as possible for very long. If you look at the people that are doing the flaming, a majority of them do not know us, have never played with or against us, and probably have never been to our server either (because they weren't around when we were very active). That in and of itself says quite a bit about what this community has become.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
256 - 06-28-2005, 14:40
Quote:
You can sign me up for account deletion too.
How about instead of deleting any more accounts you guys just stop posting if you don't like it here?

I'm not going to waste any more effort so you guys can have a virtual sit-in on my time, its ridiculous that you have to throw tantrums.

Jislan
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
257 - 06-28-2005, 14:41
It's too bad you want to leave, because you guys have some quality individuals that I always enjoyed playing w/ and talking to. But nobody will shed a tear over something like this man because this forum isn't even about tribes. Most of the people who played T1 are gone. It's not about respect, people here don't care about tribes accomplishments and whatnot anymore. The people who still do are the ones who are being alienated by this community, because it's not the same community any longer.

Good luck w/ bf2 and whatever other games you guys will be playing. Sucks to lose some quality posters from TW.

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
258 - 06-28-2005, 14:41
It is a shame that all of the drama happened this way.. I still have mad e-love for a lot of 5150 players such as sh1thead, achilles, slut, and sLaM. In fact, I had admin on the 5150 servers for a while, and I never kicked nor banned anyone while playing. Hell, I even smurfed as |5150|MaLs for a long time and I never got tag chased. Most of the 5150 guys I played with back in the day were stand up guys, so I think it sucks that this happened.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
259 - 06-28-2005, 14:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn
How about instead of deleting any more accounts you guys just stop posting if you don't like it here?

I'm not going to waste any more effort so you guys can have a virtual sit-in on my time, its ridiculous that you have to throw tantrums.
I'm not throwing a tantrum, rayn. Delete it or don't delete for all I care.

Rambro
VeteranXV
Old
260 - 06-28-2005, 14:42
rayn how do i get a name change sir

Page 13 of 24

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page *delete* feature for TW account?

Social Website Bullshit