Originally Posted by FittyTuck

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
63 - 12-01-2004, 14:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Steve
don't ****ing blame TW for not supporting your lan then start spewing this ****, thats just dumb. if T1 is dead then why have a tourney for it?
Because if it werent for T1 I would never have even started down this road.

SirLaggalot
VeteranXX
Old
64 - 12-01-2004, 14:07
I just can't beleive you are just now starting to do the marketing for this event. Good look, man. I hope it all works out.

ugly monkey
VeteranX
Old
65 - 12-01-2004, 14:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Steve
desperation is a stinky cologne

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
66 - 12-01-2004, 14:09

better pic

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 12-01-2004, 14:13
sounds kinda chill actually :o

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
68 - 12-01-2004, 14:14
yes it will be fun fish, go sign up.

CelticLegend
VeteranX
Old
69 - 12-01-2004, 14:14
Dude, at this point I'm of the mind that you deserve the embarassment and financial loss that you are sure to face.

Guys that have experience throwing LANs have warned you that you are going too big, overstepping your means. The hype you are spewing now is going to come back and ***** SMACK you come the first day of your event (if you go through with it).

Final advice: either cut the whole thing back, waaay back, or just refund all paids and take your losses now. If you cut back, do a change of venue - you can find a Veterans of Foreign Wars hall in the area you can rent much cheaper... you'll be lucky to fill that up frankly. Cut back the prize roster to something reasonable.. basically do a regular ****ing LAN, not a fantasy-I'm-Bill-Gates-sized LAN.

If you do cancel, you'd save more face and money AND if you start planning a big LAN a year out from now - you might have enough credibility to pull in some help and attendees... but for chrissakes dont schedule a LAN over the new year's, ever.

If you keep up this hype and size for this event, don't be surprised if a police investigator shows up, sniffing for fraud.

Yankee
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
70 - 12-01-2004, 14:16

flames out!

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 12-01-2004, 14:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubishi
Because if it werent for T1 I would never have even started down this road.
thats the root of all of this evil then. don't count on a game whos popularity has been slipping

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
72 - 12-01-2004, 14:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLegend
Dude, at this point I'm of the mind that you deserve the embarassment and financial loss that you are sure to face.

Guys that have experience throwing LANs have warned you that you are going too big, overstepping your means. The hype you are spewing now is going to come back and ***** SMACK you come the first day of your event (if you go through with it).

Final advice: either cut the whole thing back, waaay back, or just refund all paids and take your losses now. If you cut back, do a change of venue - you can find a Veterans of Foreign Wars hall in the area you can rent much cheaper... you'll be lucky to fill that up frankly. Cut back the prize roster to something reasonable.. basically do a regular ****ing LAN, not a fantasy-I'm-Bill-Gates-sized LAN.

If you do cancel, you'd save more face and money AND if you start planning a big LAN a year out from now - you might have enough credibility to pull in some help and attendees... but for chrissakes dont schedule a LAN over the new year's, ever.

If you keep up this hype and size for this event, don't be surprised if a police investigator shows up, sniffing for fraud.

this just reeks of "I wish I had thought of it syndrome"

look dude THERE ARE GARGANTUAN PARTIES ALL THE TIME...

Friends of mine sell out 20,000 person parties on the west coast twice or three times a year which they start advertising for ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE.

and all they offer is music and booze.

I am offering music booze and games and foam and prizes.

get a clue before you start telling me (a 23 year old retired entrepanuer) what is and is not possible.

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 12-01-2004, 14:20
Quote:
yes it will be fun fish, go sign up.
age limit?

BloodyShark
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 12-01-2004, 14:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLaM
If you get 100 people for Tribes tell me and then I'll sign up. I wouldn't mind getting a new computer :p

Oh and out of curiousity, what are the specs for the new computer? And if you say you don't know I'm going to cane you.
I hereby demand I be placed on "Slam's uber l33t Mitsulan T:V team." With his skills and my epic cookies of greatness, we will be UNSTOPPABLE!

ugly monkey
VeteranX
Old
75 - 12-01-2004, 14:21
the only person in this whole thread interested is 15 years old

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
76 - 12-01-2004, 14:21
it is 18+ for New Years Eve, the tournaments are all ages BUT if you are under 18 I need you to get your parents or guardian to sign some stuff.

BloodyShark
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 12-01-2004, 14:22
Quote:
this just reeks of "I wish I had thought of it syndrome"

look dude THERE ARE GARGANTUAN PARTIES ALL THE TIME...

Friends of mine sell out 20,000 person parties on the west coast twice or three times a year which they start advertising for ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE.

and all they offer is music and booze.

I am offering music booze and games and foam and prizes.

get a clue before you start telling me (a 23 year old retired entrepanuer) what is and is not possible.

A party with 5000. Possible. A LAN party with 5000 with a month's adversiting....short of a miracle and have it be some sort of e3 event, we're all very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY skeptical.

ugly monkey
VeteranX
Old
78 - 12-01-2004, 14:22
but theres foam!!

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 12-01-2004, 14:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly monkey
the only person in this whole thread interested is 15 years old
must be the foam

n9ne
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 12-01-2004, 14:23
mitsubishi, so i take it you are extremely wealthy eh?

why dont you front me 50000$ or so so i can get that debut LP on the streets and BUMPIN

Page 4 of 24

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page MitsuLAN

Social Website Bullshit