Best freeware programs? by sender - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Best freeware programs?
Page 2 of 12
eva00
Unregistered
Old
21 - 12-05-2002, 08:49
GrabIt - personal fav. newsgroup downloader.

Sponsored Links
AngusMustang
VeteranX
Old
22 - 12-05-2002, 09:50
Quote:
Originally posted by x3r0n
thread rating = 10/10 !

Crazy8
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 12-05-2002, 10:03
Proxomitron - Proxy program that allows you to filter websites for pretty much anything. It comes loaded with presets, and if you have a little knowledge of basic HTML you can write your own filters. It's great for blocking popups (and doesn't really require any user intervention once it's setup), but there's a lot more it can do.

Xaphan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
24 - 12-05-2002, 10:07
PDF Creator - Not the best interface, but its a complete installer that makes PDF Files for you similiar to if you bought acrobat.

gibsonic
VeteranX
Old
25 - 12-05-2002, 10:14
VNC -

edit: Is this better you carpet muncher

Quote:
VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is, in essence, a remote display system which allows you to view a computing 'desktop' environment not only on the machine where it is running, but from anywhere on the Internet and from a wide variety of machine architectures.

Best freeware remote desktop software.

Last edited by gibsonic; 12-05-2002 at 11:02..
AngusMustang
VeteranX
Old
26 - 12-05-2002, 10:20
Quote:
Originally posted by gibsonic
VNC - VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is, in essence, a remote display system which allows you to view a computing 'desktop' environment not only on the machine where it is running, but from anywhere on the Internet and from a wide variety of machine architectures.

Best freeware remote desktop software.
damn. can't you think up anything original to add?
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

gibs (a.k.a. )

gibsonic
VeteranX
Old
27 - 12-05-2002, 10:26
Quote:
Originally posted by AngusMustang
damn. can't you think up anything original to add?
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

gibs (a.k.a. )

UH...NO dumbass...we have this deployed to 2300 computers throughout my company. We fully automate its install, script global password changes, and generally use the hell out of it for tech support. We have been using this for 4 years...

...thanks, try again, you loose.

edit: oh and winamp was SOOOOO original

Last edited by gibsonic; 12-05-2002 at 10:29..
AngusMustang
VeteranX
Old
28 - 12-05-2002, 10:36
hey ****tard, i'm taking about "your" comments, which are not cited, and aren't original, not your submission. If you can't come up with original commentary, perhaps you're just googling "best freeware" to spout off some stupid ****...

if you'd take your daddy's dick out of your ear you might have heard better.

[IMG]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/******streetsign.jpg[/IMG]

C_H_A
VeteranX
Old
29 - 12-05-2002, 10:44
AVG Antivirus - It's a free and pretty damned good antivirus program. Everybody should have some sort of AV protection!

Hoo_Man
I rip off fellow posters for cash!
Old
30 - 12-05-2002, 10:49
neotrace isn't 'free'

av0n
Banned
Old
31 - 12-05-2002, 10:51
AbiWord Like Microsoft word.. Seriously.. Check it out, badass stuff!

Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
32 - 12-05-2002, 10:56
Wintidy - Ya, just check out all the desktop threads. Saves icon location and also turns desktop icons small.

Editpad Lite - Text editor that I use for all my php/html coding.

Borland C Builder 5.5 - Free c++ compiler/debugger. Takes a while getting used to, but there's not a whole lot of options for Windows as far as freeware goes.

gibsonic
VeteranX
Old
33 - 12-05-2002, 11:00
Quote:
Originally posted by AngusMustang
hey ****tard, i'm taking about "your" comments, which are not cited, and aren't original, not your submission. If you can't come up with original commentary, perhaps you're just googling "best freeware" to spout off some stupid ****...

I didn't realize you got to make up the rules on how everyone post.... to be honest..copy and paste is much easier, and why would I want to re-invent the wheel...

If you don't like what I have to say, please ignore.

herbtown
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 12-05-2002, 11:00
good thread :P

kanarde
VeteranX
Old
35 - 12-05-2002, 11:07
Voice Flux - Voice recongition (command and control). Control your computer with your voice. (Site is voiceflux.net, but it, and the download for it, is down at the moment. Sorry.)

Sal T. Nutz
VeteranX
Old
36 - 12-05-2002, 11:13
Download Accelerator Plus.

And if you have never used it, and think you know what it is, you are wrong. It's not one of those "Speed up your internet" crap apps. It actually opens up to 7 different sessions to the same file, and as long as the host has the bandwidth, it will make any download come down at your Maximum bandwith everytime. Many hosts limit their bandwidth to 30k per session, so that someone with a fast connection doesn't hog all of thier bandwidth in 1 session. Well, this app will open up 7 different ones, getting 30k x7 as long as you have that much bandwidth.

kryat
VeteranX
Old
37 - 12-05-2002, 11:15
ConText - ConTEXT is a small, fast and powerful text editor, developed mainly to serve as secondary tool for software developers.

PricelessWare - The Pricelessware List reflects the programs favored by members of the newsgroup alt.comp.freeware ; it is not an exhaustive list of the best available Freeware. Most of the listings are well-known programs, but there are some hard-to-find goodies to be discovered.

Zombee
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 12-05-2002, 11:46
10/10 on this thread dude.
Let me get to gether a list... I've got about 35 Gigs of freeware stuff, but I'll have to find DL sources for it so you don't all **** my BW=)

VeteranX
Contributor
Old
39 - 12-05-2002, 11:54
Web Accessories for >IE5 These are like powertoys for internet explorer 5 and up. Some features are Open Frame in New Window, Quick Search, Zoom In/Zoom Out images, Image Toggler, Text Highlighter, Web Search, Links List, Image List.

Some of them are useless, but i like the search features, and the link list.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
40 - 12-05-2002, 12:39
litestep

Page 2 of 12

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Best freeware programs?

Social Website Bullshit