Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Las Vegas/Mandalay Bay mass shooting
Page 81 of 126
Kelven
VeteranXX
Old
1601 - 10-07-2017, 20:08
I wonder if those three shots were placed at the fuel tanks.

Sponsored Links
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1602 - 10-07-2017, 20:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoe View Post
the police say they have evidence he planned to leave alive
No way in hell that could have ever happened.

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1603 - 10-07-2017, 20:15
having the second window open helped with the smoke in the room. he might not have counted on the fire alarms going off but to invest in position and placement and gun rotation required due to the duration of gun fire, i'm not sure he would expect to make it far.

edit: lol skim word in kelven and naptown posts

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
1604 - 10-07-2017, 22:50
He had to be a smart man to pull this off. I could totally see a scenario playing out where he did get away alive that night.

arsin
Veteran++
Old
1605 - 10-07-2017, 23:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
UL142 and API650 son

Your storage tank game is weak.

You must be a bank teller or graphic designer or something. Nobody with any mechanical inclination would think a massive fuel storage tank would be 1.5" thick.
These tanks come in various sizes, the ones I'm used to seeing are over 120' across. For these 3/4 to 1" would be right. Back to you, wehre are those links about penetration?

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1606 - 10-07-2017, 23:37
depending on where it hit on the tank the deflection could be a lot

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
1607 - 10-07-2017, 23:37
Quote:
Police are revealing finally what was written on the note that was found with the Las Vegas murderer Stephen Paddock.
What was on the note?

Officers who tried to confront the killer in his hotel room were interviewed on “60 Minutes,” and said that it included hand-written calculations on where Paddock needed to aim in order to maximize the number of fatalities and injuries to the concertgoers below.

“I could see on it he had written the distance, the elevation he was on, the drop of what his bullet was gonna be for the crowd,” Officer Dave Newton from the Las Vegas Police Department’s K-9 unit said.

“So he had that written down and figured out so he would know where to shoot to hit his targets from there,” he concluded.

He said that the note was left by a nightstand near the window that Paddock had broken open.
The Las Vegas killer died with a note by his side — here’s what it read

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
1608 - 10-07-2017, 23:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post
These tanks come in various sizes, the ones I'm used to seeing are over 120' across. For these 3/4 to 1" would be right. Back to you, wehre are those links about penetration?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
educated guess

Las Vegas Strip shooter targeted aviation fuel tanks, source says Las Vegas Review-Journal

Quote:
The bullets left two holes in one of two circular white tanks. One of the bullets penetrated the tank, but did not cause a fire or explosion near the Route 91 Harvest country music festival, another knowledgeable source said late Wednesday.
You are such a retard.
Here is it for the second time. God damn you are insufferably stupid.

Last edited by Flash; 10-08-2017 at 00:18..
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1609 - 10-07-2017, 23:40
Quote:
Three police officers who responded to Paddock's hotel room at the Mandalay Bay have told CBS' "60 Minutes" that the note included handwritten calculations about where he needed to aim to maximize the carnage.
I should have been on CSI mother****ers...
Las Vegas/Mandalay Bay mass shooting by Stealth - Page 73 - TribalWar Forums

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1610 - 10-08-2017, 00:09
Quote:
The ones you're used to seeing in Google image search instead of just looking at the photos of the tanks in question, son.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1611 - 10-08-2017, 01:53
I don't get what all this discussion is about.

Those rounds will go right through the walls of any normal tank, but they aren't going to blow up just because you shoot em. Even with a tracer round, it would be difficult. The most you could hope for is shooting tons of holes above and below the fuel level so that fresh air gets in as liquid fuel goes out, then it all ignites once there's enough oxygen inside. In fact, I'd safely say he's a moron for even trying.

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
1612 - 10-08-2017, 01:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post

Those rounds will go right through the walls of any normal tank, but they aren't going to blow up just because you shoot em. Even with a tracer round, it would be difficult. The most you could hope for is shooting tons of holes above and below the fuel level so that fresh air gets in as liquid fuel goes out, then it all ignites once there's enough oxygen inside. In fact, I'd safely say he's a moron for even trying.
There isn't "much" discussion. Just one idiot who claims to be educated about fuel tanks

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
1613 - 10-08-2017, 02:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post

I'm pretty sure your wrong. Hollywood wouldn't sensationalize such things. It's why gas caps on cars are designed to be bulletproof.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
1614 - 10-08-2017, 02:03
Quote:
anthony you are dumber than a fence post.

arsin
Veteran++
Old
1615 - 10-08-2017, 04:25
But not so dumb that my job is moderating (unpaid) an online forum.

Quote:
Still struggling to read I see.

I never claimed he was aiming at the tanks.
I stand corrected, you did not say he targeted the tanks.

Now take ur small potato win and run along. Get lost.

arsin
Veteran++
Old
1616 - 10-08-2017, 04:54
Quote:
Here is it for the second time. God damn you are insufferably stupid.
Finds a third hand website to qualify his statement. Can't seem to find a reputable source, nope, is happy with a click bait article, claims it is proof.

Believes that rifle fire can puncture an oil tank

gim
VeteranX
Old
1617 - 10-08-2017, 05:41
multiple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsFJ338Ms4

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
1618 - 10-08-2017, 09:49
The height of the tank is the main factor in the thickness of the plates used in the wall construction. Plates will be much thicker at the bottom that at the top due to the higher pressure there.

A 20M (60ft) high tank built from high quality stainless will be about 16mm (5/8") thick at the mid point.

I don't know if rifle bullets will get through that at range. But I guess they must.

Still wont blow up though, as kids we spent ages firing rifles and shotguns into a car fuel tank and could not get that ****er to blow. We ended up just setting it on fire with our ciggy lighters instead.

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
1619 - 10-08-2017, 10:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
Still wont blow up though, as kids we spent ages firing rifles and shotguns into a car fuel tank and could not get that ****er to blow. We ended up just setting it on fire with our ciggy lighters instead.
i think a safer statement is that it's still UNLIKELY to blow up

i'm sure there is some perfect storm of bizarre coincidences which could lead to that happening

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1620 - 10-08-2017, 10:54
Hard to make an explosion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FHTXwpVMvs
There's even an episode where they stream gas behind a car and set it on fire. You'd think it would instantly catch the car and ignite, but it moves slowly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBMvM2iOz4

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 10-08-2017 at 11:04..
Page 81 of 126

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Las Vegas/Mandalay Bay mass shooting

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
cael cuckening nigger lover , dealy derp dipshit , humdumbin , lets kill cael , my life is good , veniggs permanently raging