[VPN] you VPN bro? (cant search 3 letters)

slogg

Contributor
Veteran XX
now that all my personal information has been hacked by equifax I want to protect myself (and because torrents)

is there a good VPN at a decent price?

I found a few articles but articles usually are actually fake news paid advertisements

I changed card numbers already. Made sure my credit protection is in place. Moved some cash around. I will monitor on my own along with the services.

Best you can do in the current system.

What threat is it that you're attempting to mitigate with a VPN?

People stealing my megahertz

I would just prefer to keep things safer as somebody who does online banking and e files his taxes and has stock and 401k and IRA that also uses public trackers to steal movies

People stealing my megahertz

I would just prefer to keep things safer as somebody who does online banking and e files his taxes and has stock and 401k and IRA that also uses public trackers to steal movies

I kno rite :ugh:

AirVPN

Beats PIA in privacy and speed supposedly. Did a bunch of research on VPNs not long ago.

Other VPN competitors or features - AirVPN

Fig1-Win7-Leaks.png

:weird:

Reactions: clu
I check my bank account once in a while to make sure it is still there. Maybe I should do some VPN stuff.

I can be feared into buying something.

Have used PIA for a while since they claim they don't keep logs and it's reasonably cheap and user friendly. Now I don't have any way of confirming whether they do or don't keep logs, but there you go. I trialed NordVPN and it was super slow. PIA lets me download at up to 30MB/s out of 35 possible. Only service that caps my connection out without VPN is Origin. Steam throttles to maybe 15MB/s. Netflix also throttles to 25MB/s.

mullvad w/ cash

Cash

Send cash if you'd like to pay anonymously. We accept any currency. We do not accept Money orders or checks.

One month of Mullvad is equal to 5 EUR (or an equivalent amount in any other currency). Feel free to send any amount. For example, 17 EUR will buy 100 days.

Include your account number and cash payment in an envelope and mail it to us:

Amagicom AB
Chalmers Teknikpark
412 88 Gothenburg
Sweden

Last edited:
id prefer to pay in 1oz silver rounds

thx for the advices. i will look into the above VPN's

PIA can max my 200 down, so it's fast enough for most.

They also have an actual FBI request for logs, in the public record, to which their response was they they don't keep logs. So that's good.

I use it with asusWRT-merlin on my router so I can split tunnel. You need a decent one to get ok speeds, or else it will peg the cpu at 100%.

Last edited:
get a VPS and install openvpn

edit:
i used the following before putting up my own vps, (mostly due to streaming services blocking known vpn providers):

vyprvpn
expressvpn
nordvpn

Last edited:
VPNs seem like the digital equivalent of using a combination lock with a 20-digit combo. sure it's super secure but if it's constantly slowing you down then is it really worth it?

i've never used one for this reason, so i will admit that i'm mostly ignorant on the subject

get a VPS and install openvpn

edit:
i used the following before putting up my own vps, (mostly due to streaming services blocking known vpn providers):

vyprvpn
expressvpn
nordvpn

This, although that VPN is just shifting the ingress point from your home broadband connection to the VPS, so if you're being paranoid, you'll want that to be anonymous and untraceable, as well.. though if warranted, the VPS provider could possibly have logs or provide intercepts on the (encrypted) traffic heading back toward your own address. Though in that regard, that's no different to a commercial VPN provider.

Bonus is that you get a box 'on the internet' that's always up, with a known & static IP, reachable from anywhere, and has stupid bandwidth available. You can use such a thing as a VPN concentrator, and have computers from home, phones, laptops, whatever all connect into it and have your "home LAN" available wherever you want.

Back