Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [NBA] 2017-2018 Regular Season
Page 6 of 28
MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
101 - 10-20-2017, 20:11
Watching Cavs/Bucks now... As scary as this cavs lineup is, the bucks are giving them a lot of trouble. Now.. Lebron seems to just be cruising at the moment and you know he's got another couple of gears to pull out if he needs to, plus with Isaiah Jr out, that makes things awkward (I'm still unconviced about having Wade and Rose both out there together), so as much as I'd like to see them get up, I'd expect the margin to open up in that final third or so...

Bucks starters are well matched there.. but the Cavs just have so much depth off the bench, I think that's going to be a huge asset for them this season.

Last edited by MC Hamster; 10-20-2017 at 20:13..
Sponsored Links
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
102 - 10-20-2017, 20:54
i mean, i guess cavs bench is better this season

but that's not saying a ton, as their bench was dog**** last season

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
103 - 10-20-2017, 21:06
Rose & Wade are trash now

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
104 - 10-20-2017, 21:24
It's a pretty solid bench they've got there... all four guards are really solid and wouldn't be entirely out of place starting on other teams. Korver is one of the most dangerous threats from outside out there, and Green and Frye are both solid stretch bigs.. I mean.. Frye is unlikely to even see any minutes at all out there, and he's still a guy that could be a starter in a team that wanted that sort of defensive stretch four.. Then you've got TT coming into the middle, and it all makes for a pretty damn reliable second unit.

Rose & Wade.. yeah, it seemed a strange decision to pick them both up. One or the other, for the experience in the gym and to mentor the young guards, no problem - especially since they're there on minimum contracts. Like I said though, having both out there - especially having both on court at the same time.. the roles that you'd look to the two of them to play is essentially the same, so it's a little confusing to me.

Last edited by MC Hamster; 10-20-2017 at 21:34..
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
105 - 10-20-2017, 21:29
what year is this

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
106 - 10-20-2017, 21:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
what year is this
I know right this isn't 2011

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
107 - 10-20-2017, 21:32
The feds need a new nickname

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
108 - 10-20-2017, 21:39
does embiid suck or something

spending too much time on instagram or some ****

has 1 more point then aaron ****in baynes with double the minutes

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
109 - 10-20-2017, 21:43
He's out of shape eats junk food is lazy etc

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
110 - 10-20-2017, 21:48
Over under oh how long before embiid has a career ending foot injury

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
111 - 10-20-2017, 21:56
does gangrene from diabetes count?

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
112 - 10-20-2017, 21:56
the cavs bench is alot better, i mean they basically traded 1 dude for like 4. they were relying on the ghost of deron williams and a 40 year old richard jefferson last year.

i think rose has looked p good so far. the biggest change for them (aside the obv PG/IT/Kyrie thing) would be crowder, who gives them a much needed boost defensively. how much he improves them defensively vs the warriors is debatable, and with the gap between them and GSW seeming so insurmountable you have to question...what's the point

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
113 - 10-20-2017, 22:19
Looking at the matchups v the warriors, it's really in adjusting off the picks where that coverage comes undone.. sticking on Steph and Klay outside while not overcommitting for an easy assist, that's the balancing game that makes it so difficult. If Crowder can make a difference handling the pick & roll, switching or staying as needed, that's a bonus, but it's still just a bit of the overall. The GSW offence is as strong as it is because it's not something that relies too heavily on any one player and it's not something that individual defenders can easily shut down. It really demands a co-ordinated team effort to defend effectively, more than any other offense I can think of. Even going back to the classic Bulls triangle, or even to Magic and Kareem.. there are just too many threats from too many places, all of which can come into play in an instant.

It's the sort of thing that gives defensive coaches nightmares, I don't envy the guys trying to work out how to get those stops.

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
114 - 10-20-2017, 22:25
LOL @ Durant faildunk.

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
115 - 10-20-2017, 22:45
wes matthews 33 min 0-6 fg 0 pts against...the kings ?? yeesh

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
116 - 10-20-2017, 23:49
Gotta say, Zaza's a genuinely useless lump out there.. Not really fair v Cousins/Brow, but still..

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
117 - 10-20-2017, 23:53
...and then he grabs a critical offensive rebound, just 'coz he heard me slagging him off.

cancer
VeteranXX
Old
118 - 10-21-2017, 10:48
i think cavs are better than ppl give them credit for
they play to keep the game close for the first 2-2.5 quarters then turn it up a notch at the end of the game

the best gameplan to beat the warriors is to be more athletic, get stops, get transition buckets. same plan as when okc nearly toppled them a few years ago. as of now, still no team in the league i think is ready to run at that intensity for 48 minutes. dubs are too athletic to keep up with right now.

lonzo is going to have ups and downs just like he did in the summer league. definitely going to crush weak teams but struggle against veterans.

utah is sooooo slept on. been saying this for the longest, gobert is legit and will carry this team. they are well coached and have the discipline to still be above .500 and potential playoff squad

my fantasy team is like god mode right now and whiteside, my 2nd pick, is ****in injured lol

cancer
VeteranXX
Old
119 - 10-21-2017, 10:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrocks View Post
D'angelo an average to below-average guard.
1. still mad about the trade. lonzo + russell would have been magical

2. don't let idiots tell you russell helped land kuzma at #27 since the lakers had the 28th pick anyways and it was unlikely he would have been stolen from us by the nets who probably never heard of kuzma. trading dloading got us bryant and hart....and unloaded that stupid mozgov contract.

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
120 - 10-21-2017, 21:48
Jazz doing scary things to OKC at the moment...

Page 6 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [NBA] 2017-2018 Regular Season

Social Website Bullshit