FS: Gaming PCs

So I decided to buy a gaming rig with my tax return. I looked at a few options and Die Hard was $100 cheaper than the cheapest place I could find. I have no idea how this kid is making any money; he must have an insane deal with a parts supplier. Maybe he just likes building high end rigs and does this as a hobby? I mean you would think building your own rig would be the cheapest route, but with the technology I wanted in the system I would have probably had to wait for individual components to go on super sales to get the same price Die Hard was offering; and Die Hard was there and now.

I was looking for a budget gaming PC so I settled with the $850 system and added a few upgrades. I harassed Die Hard quite a bit during this and he was always prompt and courteous in reply. I'm impatient as fuck and wanted the fastest route to get this PC at my doorstep -- I was trying to get it here before I went out of town. Paypal was the fastest option but they wanted an insane fee to process the payment. I took my concern to Die Hard and I couldn't believe his response: he was willing to front the $1,000 gaming rig and simply trust that the 7-8 days it took to process the payment would come through. He didn't have to do that, and he was taking a huge risk by making it happen -- you can't fucking beat that kind of customer service. I mean the dude literally fronted me $1,000. Needless to say, I was fucking impressed.

PC arrived with a separate box for the graphics card so as to not allow it to be damaged during shipping. I popped the graphics card in, took the electrical tape off of the heatsink (secured it for shipping) and booted the system up only to find that the wireless network adapter wasn't recognized by windows at all -- not even a question mark entry in the device manager. I fiddled with it for a bit but it was late and I had just gotten back from out of town. I PMed Die Hard and he immediately offered to send out a replacement but suggested I troubleshoot it a bit more. Sure enough, I tired to seat it a third time (after having slept and recuperated) and that was the charm baby. I was online. My guess is the seating became fucked up during the brutal shipping process and my first attempt at reseating it was sloppy because of how tired I was -- so I went to sleep and tried again in the morning. Third time was the charm. Damn I was happy.

I've already downloaded all my favorite programs and some games I never got a chance to play. This beast runs them all at max settings with no chugging, or any of that shit. I'm running the intel burn test now and sure enough my system is OCed to something like 4.5 ghz :sunny:

I couldn't be more happy with my purchase and Die Hard's excellent customer service. Fuck buying from these giant corporations with your %40 off -- you're just not going to get the speed of service and the kind of personal customer service Die Hard offers. If you asshats buy from these giant corporations: it's going to be weeks before your PC is even built; then another week for testing -- and there sure as fucking hell not going to go out of their way to provide the kind of customer service Die Hard does.

Seriously, support small business and buy your next PC from Die Hard.

I haven't done that much research but I know there is additional tax/duty and might make it not worth it to ship to Canada. If you guys know more about it let me know. :)

I haven't done that much research but I know there is additional tax/duty and might make it not worth it to ship to Canada. If you guys know more about it let me know. :)

The buyer would incur a tax and duty on the item, if it is a product purchased from the US.

On the other hand, if you were sending me my computer back from the LAN we just went to, and emailed me the receipt... (lol I don't know if this would work. I can build PC's I'm just lazy).

Not sure what extra shipping charges it might cost you to send it up here vs the 48 other states.

As Glytch said, as long as there are no receipts/invoices, you are just sending me my computer back from a LAN or some shit....shouldnt be any taxes......

Google's telling me USPS is the best shipping service for sending to Canada, can one of you give me an address to see the shipping cost?

Google's telling me USPS is the best shipping service for sending to Canada, can one of you give me an address to see the shipping cost?

PM sent. Don't next me.

I'm looking at this right now in order to play D3. I know it's overkill but I don't want to have to upgrade for a few years. Suggestions for CPU/mobo are welcome (unsure if these are the best buys).
Radeon 6870 - $144
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb - $129
i5-2500k - $229
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 mATX LGA1155 Z68 mobo - $90
8gb ram - $60

Optional:
Case
PSU

I plan on sticking in 4x2TB media drives in this system as well. So 6 SATA ports are needed at least.

shipping would be about $100 extra to Canada from USPS's website

Thanks for checking. I think I'll be building my own, but if I lived in the states I would definitely hit you up.

Do you have any recommendations for motherboards for an i5/i7 config? I really have no idea where to start, what to look for etc.

It's been 5+ years since I built a rig.

You can look at the exact boards DH is using on the front page. Gigabyte, Asus, MSI. The Asus Sabertooth boards are swanky.

Glytch where abouts do you live? I need to also buy a new PC for d3 lol....maybe if we bought 2 together we can get a GROUP DISCOUNT!

it kinda depends on what you want, but I've never had any problem with any boards, and I've used pretty much every brand out there.

Back