1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 Convertible

Original Color Verdoro Green with Gold Interior
Tubular Upper & Lower Control Arms
4-Speed Manual Transmission
Power Steering/Front Disc Brakes
Bucket Seats/Console
REV 17 Wheels with Sumitomo Radials
Runs/Rides/Drives Excellent

1968 Pontiac Firebird Convertible 400 4-speed. This is a very nice driving and handling car and it is a pleasure and fun to drive. The color is the original factory color code Q Verdoro Green with Code 251 Gold interior. It is a factory 4-speed car as well and the car was recently (last week) completely serviced and tuned
The car was repainted in the 90s and it has been garage kept and maintained. The bottom of the trunk lid and the door jams are the original paint. The paint is not perfect as it has some imperfections. It has a few cracks in the paint however the car looks real nice as you can see in the pictures and its a real head turner. The bottom of the car is rust free and solid original floor pans, trunk pans, and rockers all original. The bumpers were replaced a few years back and are not original.
This car doesnt need anything and I have been driving it around a good bit. You could enjoy the car just like it is or you could have it repainted and have yourself a show car. It is not a trailer queen It is a serviced, tuned, and greased and a great driver that you could drive everyday if you want to.

Last edited by ArakAtak; 10-18-2018 at 04:56..
Sponsored Links
DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 10-18-2018, 18:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
For $13,300 it's too good to be true, that should be around $25k
That's part of the reason I spent hours researching every single thing involved with this sale. I researched the guys work email address which looks like a fake.....I emailed the companies dns support address listed on their DNS whois and they are investigating the domain being used. Also I researched the transport company. Server hosted in France, domain registered in Germany. Companies phone number sounds legit, but its an Indian call center. Address shows a small building and a couple semis in google maps....I emailed the local Chamber of Commerce asking if they know of this company and linked them the site and address/phone.

Also I finally tracked down where they stole the pictures from and the description. I believe this is the original ad. They even list a YouTube video in the ad. The ad I found did not list that or the VIN.

1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 Convertible * Factory 4-Speed * Verdoro Green & Gold for sale: photos, technical specifications, description

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIrsQK2LEtE

I emailed the listed owner on that ad and am waiting a response. Curious if its still for sale and if they sold it how much they got for it.

I am still in contact with the scammer and am going down the rabbit hole collecting info. Will report it soon and try to get the domains shut down.

ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 10-18-2018, 18:46
Where is this car supposedly located, anyhow?

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 10-18-2018, 19:04
The scammer says its in Rock Island, Washington with the Transportation company.

The ad I found today shows its in Georgia.....you can see the Georgia plates.

US Classifieds4All

Scammers ad has same pics. In one of the rear end shots you can see the plates have been removed. I am checking on this classified ads site as well. Smells fishy.

Also Sup Virge

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 10-18-2018, 19:08
there's a whole website dedicated to ****ing with scammers if you're really into it

can't remember the name though...actually I think it's a number maybe, or word number combo

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 10-18-2018, 19:09
I don't think I'll really **** with them. Just going to report it and see if I can get the domains shut down. Maybe save someone else the heartache......until they pop another site up and start it all over again. Who knows this could be a ring of scammers and they might have a hundred sites scamming all kinds of ****.

The 877 number for the fake company site sounded like an Indian call center.

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
27 - 10-18-2018, 19:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
there's a whole website dedicated to ****ing with scammers if you're really into it

can't remember the name though...actually I think it's a number maybe, or word number combo

419eater

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 10-18-2018, 19:34
I get 2 or 3 robocalls a day.. I am starting to think no one cares about scammers

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
29 - 10-18-2018, 19:37
this seems like a **** load of effort to not buy a car

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 10-18-2018, 20:47
ppp powerbook

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 10-18-2018, 22:16
Sounds like a scam. I see a lot of these in the various muscle car circles im in

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
32 - 10-18-2018, 22:34
^sherlock

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 10-20-2018, 15:43
I already confirmed its a scam. I got an email back from the company the scammer claimed to work for. They said the domain he was using was not theirs and they initiated the process to claim infringement and take ownership of the domain.

Next up is getting the fake Transport company site shut down. They sent me all the paperwork for the sales contract. Next up they will send me the info for a "bank to bank" wire transfer. At that point I report it as that's a felony. Wire fraud across state lines should get the FBI involved. Oh and I asked them for their DOT# and MC#. They sent me the info for a defunct company. Not listed in the DOT Safer database. Listed as inactive.

EDIT: LOL the Speedstar transport site is down.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 10-20-2018 at 15:46..
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 10-20-2018, 15:47
Of the regular scams i see for old cars is the foreign buyer 'scam'. It usually goes something like you'll be selling your car online, someone will contact you from some place abroad. They love your car so much, that they are going to pay you what you want for the car, pay for the shipping and throw in a couple hundred extra for your trouble. All by bank check of course.

So you load your car up, send it off to wherever, then it takes your bank a couple weeks to figure out that your check is bull****. Now you owe for whatever you spent out of that check and your car is gone..good luck finding it.

l

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 10-20-2018, 15:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Of the regular scams i see for old cars is the foreign buyer 'scam'. It usually goes something like you'll be selling your car online, someone will contact you from some place abroad. They love your car so much, that they are going to pay you what you want for the car, pay for the shipping and throw in a couple hundred extra for your trouble. All by bank check of course.

So you load your car up, send it off to wherever, then it takes your bank a couple weeks to figure out that your check is bull****. Now you owe for whatever you spent out of that check and your car is gone..good luck finding it.

l
I found a dude selling a nice Firebird on eBay I am interested in and he made it very clear he does not care how much you will pay for the car he will not deal with foreign transactions. He must be in the know.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 10-20-2018, 15:53
Are you stuck on a firebird for a toy?

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
37 - 10-20-2018, 16:10
Yup. I've wanted one since I was a kid. I will own one someday. Just trying to find the fight one.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 10-20-2018, 16:13
What are you looking for and how much are you trying to spend and i'll keep my eyes open for you. Im constantly looking at old muscle cars.

I'm guessing you don't want a project

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
39 - 10-20-2018, 16:30
gj

scammers should be crucified and their bodies defecated upon

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 10-20-2018, 16:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
gj

scammers should be crucified and their bodies defecated upon
I agree. I uploaded all the info to my states Attorney's office. I'm sure after they get through their 4 year back log they'll look into it.

Jugz: I appreciate it man. I am trying to stay under $25k. Tall order from the looks of it, but if I keep hunting I'll find what I want sooner or later. I don't mind putting a few bucks into it....all depends on what it is. If I find one that's perfect I'll spend up to $30k or so, but its going to need to be perfection.

Main thing I want is solid panels, frame, floor boards, etc. I don't want a rust bucket. If I have to dump a crated 400 in there or it needs paint, but the rest is good that's fine.

Ideal car would be a 400 convertible that went through a rotisserie rebuild in the last 10-15 years so its paint is getting a little old and engine has some miles, but the frame and body panels are in great shape. That usually keeps the price down. Its the freshly rebuilt ones that go for 30, 40, 50+.

EDIT: Just spoke to the real owner of that car. He sold it already for $30k.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 10-20-2018 at 16:51..
Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SCAM] I think I am being scammed

Social Website Bullshit