Before There Was ‘Fortnite,’ There Was ‘Starsiege: Tribes’

yes you can just download and run any of the configs on that website

what hyung said. all of those configs run on win7/8/10. groove's 1998 retro config has an installer that is simple as can be. if you use any of the others you'll have to run the windows 8/10 registry fix that's included in the zip file.

there are pickup games every night of the week. pubs have died a bit because we have been playing too many pickup games but they still pop up randomly.

join the discord, there are a lot of old heads on there :).

One of the issues with Tribes was the high skill gap/steep learning curve.

If you were a noob walking into a competitive server, you would've gotten your shit packed. It took dedication and commitment to get good at the game, which is problematic when people want instant gratification.

The FPS that have stuck around (CS, CoD) are really easy to pick up and play right away.

I deployed a couple o turrets in that ole' game

1M6UkVh.gif

I tried, for a few minutes to get Tribes installed on my laptop to play over the weekend...
Couldn't get it working quick enough with compatibility settings.

Would have liked to play.

Have you tried the x64 version? You'll need a 1.11 config/install but otherwise it should not require compatibility settings of any kind to work.

6 months until tribes and gaming time for me. don't have time for it right now. But in 6 months I'm going to build me a sweet gaming machine and take it over some jumps.

Have you tried the x64 version? You'll need a 1.11 config/install but otherwise it should not require compatibility settings of any kind to work.

of all the problems x64 has the big dealbreaker for me is the lack of a mimimap built in

p.s. x64 gets u kicked from pu server

p.s.s. it "feels" great and I wish we could make more use of it

technically t1 doesn't really even need any 'compatibility' settings as long as you're not using higher DPI fonts or plugins

i'd be surprised if the x64 .exe didn't need the same DPI fix for ppl using 125% fonts or higher

i guess u could call having to turn off vsync a compatibility setting... does the x64 exe's vsync setting actually work?

i love the work u guys did on x64 but ya, no minimap is a bit of a dealbreaker for me too

p.s. x64 gets u kicked from pu server
Thats a choice by them to kick non-1.40(1.41?) clients.

technically t1 doesn't really even need any 'compatibility' settings as long as you're not using higher DPI fonts or plugins

i'd be surprised if the x64 .exe didn't need the same DPI fix for ppl using 125% fonts or higher
I've yet to try this out actually, we'll see. Regardless I'd like to hear if there are problems on his laptop with x64 if he wants to experiment.

i guess u could call having to turn off vsync a compatibility setting... does the x64 exe's vsync setting actually work?
I'm fairly certain it does, visual tearing is noticeable on one setup I've looked at, but the machine I'm currently on has vsync locked by nvidia(and a lack of obvious tearing) and I can't seem to get to it right now.

Back