Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [MMORPG]World of Tanks
Page 8 of 261
DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
141 - 08-02-2010, 19:16
I scout in my T-44 just fine. I rush to mid map, kite and see if I can get someone to chase. If someone tries making it through I go for the tackle(hit them in the rear corner to knock out tracks) or shoot their tracks out. I play with a lot of guys from Eve so the terminology was brought over.

I am not entirely sure how the scoring goes on scouting.

In a light rush mid field and move along its axis. If you see a hole rush to their base and take out arty. If not then try to get people to chase and/or take out their rushers going for your arty. Ramming their rear corners when they are dodging incoming fire is real effective. Knocks their tracks off and your guys can quickly finish them off.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 08-02-2010 at 19:18..
Sponsored Links
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
142 - 08-02-2010, 19:18
These people take their tanks seriously.. This is the wargaming.net (developer) office in Russia.

The medals you will earn.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
143 - 08-02-2010, 19:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzyzxx View Post
If you follow the Soviet tank tech tree, you can get a medium tank as early as tier 3
These are the full trees that will not be in release but will be added as time goes on.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
144 - 08-02-2010, 19:21
That whole building is thiers? Sheesh. Thought it was some small development company leasing a small office or working out of someones garage.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
145 - 08-02-2010, 19:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
So uh, can I flip Y axis? I play every game with "flight sim" mouse, and it's making me even more horrendously terrible than one would expect for just starting out...
I think you can flip it in the prefs xml file located at:

You can find the file at following location:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\*UserName*\Appli cation Data\W\
- Windows 7: C:\Users\*UserName* (by default it's admin)\AppData\Roaming\W\

Inversion:
<horzInvert> false </horzInvert> - X-axis
<vertInvert> false </vertInvert> - Y-axis

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
146 - 08-02-2010, 19:25
Yeah SPGs are way less "powerful" in standard battles. Mostly because I think there are a lot less newbies in there.

SPGs dominate recruit games because they are easier to start playing. But I have to say that I still dont dominate with my SPG like I can with my Tank Destroyer now.

Last night I was in a game with VonSchpam, we were on the same team. We got dominated early. He got knocked out late in the game when it was like 7 tanks left versus 4. I was sneaking up the lake on the right side toward enemy spawn. One of our light tanks moved up the far right of the map and highlighted 3 tanks. I nailed two of them and he got the other one.

One of our tanks moving up the left side died but not before he exposed an SPG. I nailed him (from quite far away) it took three shot. At that point I noticed that the enemy was capturing our flag. I turned around and headed back just a bit staying along the lake. When I got in range I took out a Loltracker and then shortly after that another pz2 showed up and I took him out also, neither of them got a shot off on me.

The last guy on their team was afk. It was a grand victory.

Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
147 - 08-02-2010, 19:28
Any tips for telling if you're camouflaged or not; or to tell your radio/view range? I'm getting a little better at being less useless in standard games in a T3 light tank, but I still spend probably half my time wondering if I'm doing anything. I have my AT-1 for fun factor in recruit games though (usually do better credits too since I tend to live).

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
148 - 08-02-2010, 19:29
Experience:

You will get experience for:

1. Damage to enemy tanks.
2. Critical damage to enemy tanks. The difference in levels between the tank is taken into the account. The higher the level of the tank you damage the more experience you'll get
3. For discovering an enemy tank, You will get more experience for discovering SPG than for a regular tank.
4. For "lighting up" enemy tank while your allies damage it from beyond their range of vision.

5. Bonus experience for destroying enemy tank. Only if you actually got the kill. The difference in levels between the tank is taken into the account. The higher the level of the tank you damage the more experience you'll get
6. Bonus experience for capturing enemy base. Applied only to the tanks in the "circle", not the whole team, proportionally to the time spent in the enemy base circle.
7. Bonus experience for restarting the capture counter by damaging enemy tank which is capturing your base. Experience is given in proportion to %HP you took off the enemy tank in your base circle.
8. Bonus experience if you stayed alive.
9. For "active battle actions" - shooting in some radius from the enemy and being in the radius of enemy fire. You don't get much but it still influences your experience gain.
11. The more your team damages the enemy the more experience each player on your team gets. Only damage to killed enemy is taken in account. Coefficient is not that big but still it's experience.
12. Bonus experience if your team wins: +50% to each player!

You will NOT get experience for:

1. Damaging ally tank.
2. Team killing.
3. Ricochet and "no penetration".
4. For receiving damage.
5. For receiving titles in the "hero of the battle". (except for "Invader", see #5 in upper list, and also "Defender" see #7 in the upper list).
6. No bonus experience for a draw! And of course none if your team lost.
7. The special bonus for "killing all enemy tanks" does not exist!

|V|
VeteranXV
Old
149 - 08-02-2010, 19:33
1g = 400 credits

So for 1 day of premium, you could have 100k credits

doubt it's worth it to anyone who isn't doing fairly well in standard games and playing quite a bit

I'm completely worthless in my bt-7 in standard

It felt balanced to be a light in recruit mode, but i'm just a few seconds of fodder in standard

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
150 - 08-02-2010, 19:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helado View Post
Any tips for telling if you're camouflaged or not; or to tell your radio/view range? I'm getting a little better at being less useless in standard games in a T3 light tank, but I still spend probably half my time wondering if I'm doing anything. I have my AT-1 for fun factor in recruit games though (usually do better credits too since I tend to live).
Lower profile and smaller vehicles are harder to spot. This makes the tank destroyer hard to spot. Also, if you get in a bush, this will make you harder to spot, however, any movement will make you easier to spot.

Firing your gun will allow you to be spotted from a wide range for obvious reasons.

I've had light tanks drive right by my tank destroyer, and they never saw me because I wasn't moving. I waited until they turned or stopped and destroyed them.

Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
151 - 08-02-2010, 19:39
In standard in a BT-7 I tend to stay back at the beginning and try to help with the initial rush on our arty and TD's. After that I'll try to go scout out ahead of wherever our main force is going. If I happen to be alive by the time we get near the enemy base I'll go distract TD's and SPGs.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
152 - 08-02-2010, 19:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
1g = 400 credits

So for 1 day of premium, you could have 100k credits

doubt it's worth it to anyone who isn't doing fairly well in standard games and playing quite a bit

I'm completely worthless in my bt-7 in standard

It felt balanced to be a light in recruit mode, but i'm just a few seconds of fodder in standard
But you don't get the experience that is needed as you move up the tech ladder. I need 64k experience for my next level of tank destroyer.

Drive near the edges of the map, get behind the enemies, don't drive directly towards them at the start, wait a few seconds for them to 'spread out' and try to make it in between their radio range. Go for the arty.

|V|
VeteranXV
Old
153 - 08-02-2010, 19:43
I don't know about anyone else, but my bottleneck is credits, not experience

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
154 - 08-02-2010, 19:44
Quote:
It will soon be both. I actually did exchange credits for a better tank early on.

Zzyzxx
VeteranX
Old
155 - 08-02-2010, 19:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
These are the full trees that will not be in release but will be added as time goes on.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll edit that post to show the proper tech trees

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
156 - 08-02-2010, 19:45
Quote:
For sure, i easily out tech my income

|V|
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 08-02-2010, 19:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Drive near the edges of the map, get behind the enemies, don't drive directly towards them at the start, wait a few seconds for them to 'spread out' and try to make it in between their radio range. Go for the arty.
That's what I'd do in recruit mode and it was fun. You could take out td's and such but had to get behind them, and arty was easy and there were a lot

The standard games are lucky to have any artillery in it and there doesn't seem to be a back line to get to

By having arty less used in normal, it seems like it makes lights more worthless too

Yankee
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
158 - 08-02-2010, 20:02
how long should I expect to be in my first tank

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
159 - 08-02-2010, 20:02
Quote:
That's what I'd do in recruit mode and it was fun. You could take out td's and such but had to get behind them, and arty was easy and there were a lot

The standard games are lucky to have any artillery in it and there doesn't seem to be a back line to get to

By having arty less used in normal, it seems like it makes lights more worthless too
Ah, intercept and destroy the other light vehicles then, since you can actually keep up with how fast they are going.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
160 - 08-02-2010, 20:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
how long should I expect to be in my first tank
15-20 games

Page 8 of 261

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [MMORPG]World of Tanks

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is a big fucking deal , feannag mmo essays , gay for t-54 , is7 > maus , maus > * , t30>maus