Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter by DMAUL - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter
Page 2 of 5
DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 05-06-2017, 14:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZWxIRzLGg4

I replaced the headunit with a small Kenwood amp and eliminates the front speakers. I use audio for waze notifications and navigation on the street.

Sponsored Links
Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 05-06-2017, 14:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipp View Post
im a gaping butthole
get off my forum you smega lipped dickhole

arsin
Veteran++
Old
23 - 05-06-2017, 14:47
Very nice Dmaul, now you can be the man and be the envy of all! gj

I just had metal welded into my 2010 F150, around both wheel wells and the lower 5-10cm forward from the wheel wells to both rear doors. Fiber glassed, 'bondoed' and spent 12 hours sanding. Borrowed a buddy's gun another buddy's shop and sprayed it myself. All for under $700. Fuk yesss! Wife is gonna fuk me raw for saving $1K and making my truck look new again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipp View Post
i like cok even small ones ching chong dong lol smdh
Wrong thread ****** gtfo FedZ.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 05-06-2017, 20:10
p sweet Loti in this THREAD

I'm gonna be back in an hour to **** on it with my 40 year old Nissan :-D

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 05-06-2017, 20:38
I was grabbing some java the other day and was in line. Some guy with a kid walked by and the kid started to go wow wow wow look! He was about 4 or so. Just a little guy. So - I got out of line and walked up and said - he can sit in it if you want... And opened it up. Kid looked at his dad and grabbed his hand. Dad says - you sure? I said - Just a car man - he can't hurt anything. So - the kid starts to walk towards it - looks at the inside and then all of a sudden he just fell over backwards onto his backside. Like he had seen the inside of a spaceship or something. He jumped up and into his dad's arms. Pretty funny. I always let people sit in it that want to. For such a relatively affordable little car - they are attractive in a minimalist way. I wanted one from the moment I first saw the design. Like instant love.

Some info -
My Elise is a 2008 with SC. 218 hp (163 kW). 0-60 mph is about 4.3 seconds. That's pretty ****ing quick off the line.

The Elise was designed by Julian Thomson and Richard Rackham. Both brilliant. A truly inspired concept. Car design like the Lotus Elise needs to come back fast.

One of the reasons you don't see more of them is that they are kinda of a pain in the ass for most people. Not much space. Two seats. Not much in the way of convenience. You have just what you need to be comfortable. I even have AC and a cup holder. They look like this:

A simple piece of machined aluminum with a leather strap. It even slides back out of the way. Simple - quality material. Done.

I have a hard time with new cars. For instance - I was in Idaho over Christmas. It was snowing like **** in Sun Valley. It was in the news. It was being talked about all over. Everyone in the place had been excited about the snow for days. So - I jump in mas new Subaru Forester. We start driving out into the winter wonderland. About 2 minutes after taking off - some stupid bell goes DING and a dumb ass voice says WARNING - Conditions may be icy and slippery. Seriously? No **** Sherlock.

I am glad I am going to be dead and gone before we see the end of drivable, proper autos.

Here is how I see it going...

You arrive at somewhere in an autonomous vehicle. You get out. It goes and picks someone else up like Uber without a human. When you are ready to go - a new vehicle picks you up in about a minute. When not in use - they go to an underground storage facility. If they need maintenance - they are fixed by robots. If they are broken - they dispose of themselves. They run on electricity or nuclear power or whatever. Real vehicles are not allowed in the city any longer. Or on the roads. The government stops maintaining roads. We are slaves to the government. Horses are extinct. We are ****ed. No thanks.

Last edited by Brasstax; 05-06-2017 at 20:46..
lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
26 - 05-06-2017, 21:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
I was grabbing some java the other day and was in line. Some guy with a kid walked by and the kid started to go wow wow wow look! He was about 4 or so. Just a little guy. So - I got out of line and walked up and said - he can sit in it if you want... And opened it up. Kid looked at his dad and grabbed his hand. Dad says - you sure? I said - Just a car man - he can't hurt anything. So - the kid starts to walk towards it - looks at the inside and then all of a sudden he just fell over backwards onto his backside. Like he had seen the inside of a spaceship or something. He jumped up and into his dad's arms. Pretty funny. I always let people sit in it that want to. For such a relatively affordable little car - they are attractive in a minimalist way. I wanted one from the moment I first saw the design. Like instant love.

Some info -
My Elise is a 2008 with SC. 218 hp (163 kW). 0-60 mph is about 4.3 seconds. That's pretty ****ing quick off the line.

The Elise was designed by Julian Thomson and Richard Rackham. Both brilliant. A truly inspired concept. Car design like the Lotus Elise needs to come back fast.

One of the reasons you don't see more of them is that they are kinda of a pain in the ass for most people. Not much space. Two seats. Not much in the way of convenience. You have just what you need to be comfortable. I even have AC and a cup holder. They look like this:

A simple piece of machined aluminum with a leather strap. It even slides back out of the way. Simple - quality material. Done.

I have a hard time with new cars. For instance - I was in Idaho over Christmas. It was snowing like **** in Sun Valley. It was in the news. It was being talked about all over. Everyone in the place had been excited about the snow for days. So - I jump in mas new Subaru Forester. We start driving out into the winter wonderland. About 2 minutes after taking off - some stupid bell goes DING and a dumb ass voice says WARNING - Conditions may be icy and slippery. Seriously? No **** Sherlock.

I am glad I am going to be dead and gone before we see the end of drivable, proper autos.

Here is how I see it going...

You arrive at somewhere in an autonomous vehicle. You get out. It goes and picks someone else up like Uber without a human. When you are ready to go - a new vehicle picks you up in about a minute. When not in use - they go to an underground storage facility. If they need maintenance - they are fixed by robots. If they are broken - they dispose of themselves. They run on electricity or nuclear power or whatever. Real vehicles are not allowed in the city any longer. Or on the roads. The government stops maintaining roads. We are slaves to the government. Horses are extinct. We are ****ed. No thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjjNvjURS-s

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
27 - 05-06-2017, 21:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAUL View Post
Previous thread: Spent some time on my Lotus over the winter by DMAUL - TribalWar Forums

Last left off with new penske coilovers installed, it weighed in at 2220 fully loaded. Now 2183 fully loaded.
Im really digging the engine bay shots, I love to see how cool **** is plumbed and built.

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 05-06-2017, 21:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Im really digging the engine bay shots, I love to see how cool **** is plumbed and built.
This car is perfect for learning it all. The engine bay isn't crowded like most modern cars (although it helps to have the rear on a hinge like I do). There is an unlimited supply of information on every aspect of the car. There is nothing that requires exotic equipment to work on.

Having done this over the last two years I now know the purpose of everything in the engine bay of the car. There's only two big things I haven't done--pull the driveshafts and drop the transmission. Beyond that nothing is preventing me from dropping the engine without referencing anything.

I honestly knew **** all beyond changing oil and doing brakes two years ago.

p.s. hose assembly lube is THE ****. I put that **** on everything. Pics are limited during cooling / oil circuit assembly because everything was covered in it. It is a miracle substance.

Last edited by DMAUL; 05-06-2017 at 21:51..
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 05-06-2017, 21:54
Swapped in a fresh Ford small block 363 built on a 4-bolt Dart block with TFS-R heads up top. Its pretty ****ing ridiculous so far. Im gonna need way stickier tires, working on that now.

Gotta ditch the air filter cover and finish tidying things up but its done and driving. Still breaking it and the new clutch in but its painfully obvious Im short on traction now, big time.

Local shop fabbed up this exhaust over the winter... came out absolutely ridiculous. I wanna cut open the floor so I can stare at the pipes while driving.

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 05-06-2017, 22:02
****ing amazing, I almost bought a 240z on bringatrailer a couple weeks ago. I am definitely going to get one despite not having anywhere to put it.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 05-06-2017, 22:07
Quote:
****ing amazing, I almost bought a 240z on bringatrailer a couple weeks ago. I am definitely going to get one despite not having anywhere to put it.
haha for real? That's awesome.. Ive been following the Datsuns on BaT for a while now, which one were you looking at?

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 05-06-2017, 22:09
1970 Datsun 240Z | Bring a Trailer

I regret not bidding.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 05-06-2017, 22:18
Quote:
1970 Datsun 240Z | Bring a Trailer

I regret not bidding.
Yeah I remember that one, really clean car. I'd ditch the bumpers and wheels but otherwise its perfect, well documented too

$16k is so cheap for that.

MaxxCarnage
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 05-07-2017, 13:01
If you guys spot anything in Phoenix and want someone to put hands on it and check it out I am happy to help.

Last edited by MaxxCarnage; 05-07-2017 at 13:05..
Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 05-07-2017, 13:07
wtf does that mean

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 05-07-2017, 13:08
it means hide ur kids hide ur wife hide ur husband cuz they rapin errybody up here

MaxxCarnage
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 05-07-2017, 13:30
That 240z they were talking about was in Phoenix. I would have gone and checked it out.

Gorlax
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 05-07-2017, 14:46
Kudos for the kid story, you Sir are a cool guy...

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 05-07-2017, 16:17
Worked on the dash today. Had planned to fab a whole dash but I ran out of time and confidence that it'd come out decent. Instead I (poorly) fabricated a DIN plate for the two gauges and radar detector controls. I have to pass tech inspection at the track tomorrow and running no dash on a street car could be an issue.

I started by cleaning up the rat's nest of cables, although some of it is inevitable because I need to leave it long enough to be able to put the DIN plate in. Only got a blurry pic.

This is how it looks now. There are a bunch of issues...the empty hole was supposed to be the button for the oil gauge but the AFR gauge's mount is in the way behind the plate. The AFR gauge's bezel is too big and bends the DIN slot. I measured zero times and cut many times. If I decide to keep this look, I'll have Front Panel Express: Front Panel Design Software and CAD Conversion Service: Home make me a proper plate.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 05-07-2017, 16:31
I just installed my AEM wideband x series, love that ****in gauge. Nice to know what's up in real-time

Page 2 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter

Social Website Bullshit