Client-side Map Fix!! Sweet!!!

*SPAWN* Devil

Veteran X
What does it do? wtf is it good for? as some one told me "this is the kidna thing that was needed 4 years ago"

To make it simple to under stand for most people, "Tribes Live" is a program that enables you to join a server running ANY Tribes one maps especially client-side maps. An a whole new world of custom buildings etc can be used on any map and any map or terain can be edited, and any body using Tribes Live can join in and check out ANY sweet ass new map!

Check it out www.bst.epac.to in the projects section

I plan on posting a list of maps that have been added but i don't have the time. If you have time pleae volunteer it to help document map files.

:signed:

Not meaning to question it, but what's to stop people uploading a fake Rollercoaster and breaking everyone in the worlds RC? (Also, you should pack/encrypt your executable, because the FTP password is in plain-text in the executable)

The Nullsoft Installer will cut a few MB's off the executable too..

i like how you're unable to write something as simple as HTML correctly..

Code:
<!--       name="Description" content="Black Shadow's home page. True I sledom get time to work on it but hey....">

<FRAMESET COLS="20%, *" frameborder="NO" border="0"
framespacing="0">
<FRAME NAME="LEFT" SRC="LEFT.HTML">
<FRAME NAME="RIGHT" src="news.html">

</FRAMESET>

<!--//-->        >PrxRST();</script>

hey what's that? IS THAT A FUCKING UNCLOSED HTML COMMENT TAG BEFORE THE FRAMESET, SO THE BROWSER IGNORES THE FUCKING FRAMESET? YOU FUCKING SHITHEAD

Also, way to make a VB FTP client and call it a client side map updater..

hehe

In order of posting:

Random, the ftp's are protected from uploading and overwriting the files that are hosted for Tribes Live to update, *however* the submittions folder which is ment for people to upload files which is not write protected, and in there i have a read only read me file that says something to the order of "do not abuse this service" people upload to the submitions folder i manually go over the files (this is why i ask people include contact info so i can verify that the actual author is posting a new version) and since the program's login info is for the folder and read only access even if they do get the login info (which i was unable to find the login pwd's in plain text of the exe) they cannot do any harm.

[meph]DooM!, maybe empty the submitions folder, but a program backs up the contents of that folder periodicly, its a handy lil gadget :)

Gon, "<!-- name="Description" content="Black Shadow's home page. True I sledom get time to work on it but hey....">
" (this was part of a meta tag a while ago, i commented it out for my refrence, so you must be pretty board to have the time looking through the source code of my web page, I'm honored! ;)) comments that single line i have tested this by using the age old einstein theory of relitivity that says "if it looks the same and works the way it was designed to in both IE, Mozilla(netscape for linux more less), and Opera. An due to my lack of time if i had/have time i would make it perfect and pretty with effects on mouseover and all that crap, but i do not have this time and i want the page to look the way it was designed between browers and operating systems. I check it if i ok it it stays. And yes right now it is more less just an ftp client (one thats smart enough to know which files you need). The original version was called "Fire Chat" quite buggy and alot of wasted time building everything from scratch esp my own protocols to communicate my data types over tcp. but then again if theese files are readily available via ftp and are ment for people to download why would you want an encrypted connection? its just a needless waste of time.

:ack: Ack theres always a critic! but thats what i want to see from people feedback, u can call it crap and its still feedback, i need feedback from you people to make it better. keep posting! even if u just wanna call me a twit! thats your opinion.
:jester: Shurely i jest!.... maybe i'm just crazy i duno ;-)

Your grammar, syntax, and spelling has given me massive cranial bleeding.

This SO doesn't help us.

Good night.

jeezus the word is "submit", there is no such thing as submition, the closest i can come up with is submission. Maybe start spell checking so we can understand what ur talking about.

Unbelievable. Even I, who just picked up english from computer games and Cartoon Network and never learned it in a school have better spelling and grammar.

fine.png

oh yes, it works just FINE in mozilla.

Ok, So I DO not have the new version of mozilla (firebird). I wasn't aware that the new version didn't display it as my older version (Mozilla/5.0(x11 rv.1.0.1) Gecko/20020830)

Owie... thats guna leave a nice emotional scar for life :/

*SPAWN* Devil said:
Ok, So I DO not have the new version of mozilla (firebird). I wasn't aware that the new version didn't display it as my older version (Mozilla/5.0(x11 rv.1.0.1) Gecko/20020830)

Owie... thats guna leave a nice emotional scar for life :/
your sig is TOO BIG, 20k please tanks

gon: Wow, you're fast.

Is there anyone that isn't going to bitch about something they don't have to use or even bother with? Give the fucker a break, he obviously had good intentions. Can't you stupid mother fuckers respect that?

I think he has a great idea here and also I agree with NF. You guys should have offered to help him out instead of flaming him for his poorly-written grammar and code.

Back