[1.40]pre/post attachments to IDACTION?

groov

Veteran XX
so i know with 1.40 i can pre or post attach to an existing function with:

function test::whatever() after existing::function

is there any way to do the same thing with actions? i want to run something before/after IDACTION_CHAT or IDACTION_MENU_PAGE etc

lol we think alike this was my code

Code:
function herpderp(%a, %b, %c) after PostAction 
{
echoc(2, "after postaction");
}

triggered when i used postaction as expected but didn't trigger when hitting tab for IDACTION_MENU_PAGE or T or Y for IDACTION_CHAT :(

basically i wanted to run something before the normal T or Y or escape keybinds without having to change the stock binds but i dont think there's a way to pre/post IDACTION_CHAT

altho it would work to change the binds to use postAction(nameToId("SimGui::playDelegate"), IDACTION_CHAT, 1); and then yeah i guess i could do it that way

Last edited:
on a related note grove can u make plugin that has a $backpack::eek:n variable so I can reliably tell when the backpack is activated thanks in advance ur pal lemon oh and an in vehicle variable too like in 0.5 I think

hrm, maybe? both dont sound too complicated in theory, there's gotta be some memory location that knows it that i could hook and set a var based on

i will put it on list after:
lodfix
terrain/fov crashes
transparent weapon

maybe also 1 day skyrotation cause i always liked that in hudbot

lodfix is p much finished already, i found like 8 different ways to do it but i think im gonna release the 1 byte patch version cause its the simplest

and i think i found the big terrain/high fov crash altho i have no idea if i can fix it yet

Back