38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus" by Evil Engineer - Page 15 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus"
Page 15 of 22
Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
281 - 09-02-2008, 20:58
Way to chase Curt off you losers.

Questions to Curt if he is still around:
- will you(r team) be implementing /follow /assist /focus and a robust macro system ala WoW in your game?
- your opinion on multiboxers in WoW and possibly in your game (curious as I have a 5-box team going in WoW).

Last edited by Ciceron; 09-02-2008 at 21:03..
Sponsored Links
anomaly
VeteranXV
Old
282 - 09-02-2008, 21:00
yeah

not only was it the whole dac ****** talking, it was everyone complaining about how he was talking to the scum of tw

and my mind just exploded in irony

ps: go sox

Senty
VeteranXX
Old
283 - 09-02-2008, 21:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
You're a ****ing idiot.

It's concept art. Get real.

Also, go play Doom 3 if you want to stumble around in the dark.
It simply brought back too many memories of WoW for me, the cave for instance is basically the same palette as is in the caves below the Orc city.

Compared to images of WAR which I have been looking a lot at lately that night time city is too clean and proper.

Yes, it's concept and they are going for the idea of an "idealized reality" my hope is that at the end of the day they don't forget the grit on the fringes.

I'd really hate for this to be a game where there's a clear good and evil (EQ) or worse yet where everybody's good and the bad guys are just misunderstood. (WoW) Personally, I just prefer worlds/lore that's more in constant flux and turmoil where everyone has their flaws (WAR/Vanguard)

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
284 - 09-02-2008, 21:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceron View Post
Way to chase Curt off you losers.

Questions to Curt if he is still around:
- will you(r team) be implementing /follow /assist /focus and a robust macro system ala WoW in your game?
- your opinion on multiboxers in WoW and possibly in your game (curious as I have a 5-box team going in WoW).

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
285 - 09-02-2008, 21:33
im amazed this thread is still going... must be the naive curt ****ting fanbois blinded by the realities of the game industry. chances are this failure will never witness beta or even alpha.

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
286 - 09-02-2008, 22:08
easter egg #1:

typing /dance will cause your character to do the jonathan papelbon dance

calling it right now

(and curt if you dont put that in the game somehow, im not gonna be pissed... but j.p. will be.)

edit: also, if you're in need of a good beta tester, i was an original wow beta tester and im currently responsible for over 1000 individual bug reports in the new Wrath of the Lich King beta

or if you just wanna hire a kid and get him out of ohio thatd be sweet too

i swear to god if i dont get out of here im going to snap

Last edited by LGBR; 09-02-2008 at 22:12..
McLovin
Veteran5
Old
287 - 09-02-2008, 22:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
yeah

not only was it the whole dac ****** talking, it was everyone complaining about how he was talking to the scum of tw

and my mind just exploded in irony

ps: go sox
or maybe he just has things to do instead of whoring tw for another 4 hours?

you ****ing idiot

Deuse
VeteranXV
Old
288 - 09-02-2008, 22:32
EQ Days....

Deuse
VeteranXV
Old
289 - 09-02-2008, 22:36

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
290 - 09-02-2008, 22:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
im amazed this thread is still going... must be the naive curt ****ting fanbois blinded by the realities of the game industry. chances are this failure will never witness beta or even alpha.
This game will see Alpha, it will see Beta and it will launch. As sure as the Yanks haven't won a World Series this century it will.

In the meantime I'll keep putting my money where my mouth is, and you troll BB's to try and make stupid humor and get total strangers you don't know, and never will, to LOL.....

What are 'naive curt ****ting fanbois'? Is that a cool 733T way to talk trash on the 'net? If there were people, for some reason, in a thread being better than asstastic to you would they be "Happy's box of tools" or some 11 year old geek speak saying to make total strangers I have no clue about, laugh?

Curious.

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
291 - 09-02-2008, 22:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
SOE was pretty damn cool for doing that. Raised 10k in less than an hour for ALS research and patient care. Ya, that disease some sackless gutless idiot made a joke about earlier in this thread.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
292 - 09-02-2008, 22:38
A vah shir? oh no!

Dead Ben
VeteranXX
Old
293 - 09-02-2008, 22:39
This thread turned out well. From reading what Curt has said about the company and Copernicus it seems like he has his **** together and is passionate for what he is doing. Good luck. I'll follow it's progress.

He's also shown his competitive spirit and ***** smacks a few people in this thread. Certainly some funny **** right there.

DacTheHork
Veteran++
Old
294 - 09-02-2008, 22:42
Ohhh man

Watch out dude this is the tribes community, players of the most intense game besides Starcraft.

edit taking out the screenshots just watch the tribes vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2et3cKlSSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVU9fWNAKs

Also we have ridden the tribes franchise into the ground. Ask Garage Games / Instant Action, Irrational Games, and Sierra about tw.

Last edited by DacTheHork; 09-02-2008 at 22:52..
ZProtoss
10,000++
Old
295 - 09-02-2008, 22:45
For what it's worth, Curt going out to different forums and promoting the game personally is pretty refreshing. Especially when compared to the general sterile marketing/rep people that companies usually use to promote products.

It's enough for me to give his game a good shot when an available phase to test it comes at any rate. Hope it turns out well.

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
296 - 09-02-2008, 22:53
EQ2 is the longest I've ever played an MMO. It was quality stuff.

Don't let the lessons of EQ2's UI be lost on you, they really had it extremely well refined. Don't let your team turn out some crappy UI that isn't as customizable in-game as well as out. Don't let them forget to fully support extra mouse buttons well, mouse4, mouse5, etc, that's one of my biggest pet peeves with some MMOs.

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
297 - 09-02-2008, 22:55
I'd like to think I, and we, won't do anything to make you NOT want to at least try it.

If you like fantasy, and you like MMO's, we better do nothing to make people not want to at least dip their toe in the water once, after that it's on us, I'll take that.

I've seen so many 'great games' never leave the garage because of hype, too much, too soon or both.

Hell if it weren't for Roberts, Shwayder, Danuser, Close and a few others we have started down that same path. I talk way too much and when I get excited about something I am passionate about, it gets ugly.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
298 - 09-02-2008, 22:58
It will certainly never be a problem of people wanting to try your game or any game in this genre. People are always desperate for something new. That's how it all started.

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
299 - 09-02-2008, 23:11
added bonus if your game includes jetpacks and skiing.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
300 - 09-02-2008, 23:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZProtoss View Post
For what it's worth, Curt going out to different forums and promoting the game personally is pretty refreshing. Especially when compared to the general sterile marketing/rep people that companies usually use to promote products.

It's enough for me to give his game a good shot when an available phase to test it comes at any rate. Hope it turns out well.
this

the cynical part in me rolls my eyes about the obvious marketing ploy

but I still think it's nice that he's talking to the plebs and is willing to sling **** back if necessary

Page 15 of 22

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus"

Social Website Bullshit