[MLB] 2018 Regular Season

I stopped reading at "Babe Ruth's stats don't matter."

My God dude, get a fuking grip

Can't believe someone has dethroned me as the "irrational homer"

:rofl:

You seriously don't think I knew that? You are so deranged it's hilarious

And how'd that work for you? Only took 86 years to win another WS after you sold him off

It's because we needed a good plot device for this film 74 years later:

4371156_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Also, little known fact - Babe Ruth played for a semi-pro baseball team in my hometown after winning the World Series for the Red Sox which started their curse. He was part of the baseball player movement to work in steel mills in order to not get drafted into WWI. The same steel mill my grandfather retired from. Pretty neat, boys.

Jon Heyman of FanCred reports that prospect outfielder Yusniel Diaz is in the Dodgers' offer for Oriole shortstop Manny Machado.

Heyman just reported a short while ago that the Dodgers "appear to be the leading contender" to land Machado. It's unclear if Diaz's inclusion is a part of that thinking, but he would be a strong get for Baltimore. The 21-year-old is batting .314/.428/.477 with six homers and eight steals over 59 games this season with Double-A Tulsa. Dustin May, Gavin Lux, and Keibert Ruiz are among some of the other Dodgers prospects that have been mentioned in talks. Jon Heyman of FanCred notes that the Dodgers would likely want to include a high-priced veteran in the deal as they try to keep an eye out for the luxury tax. We're moving quickly toward a resolution here, but nothing is done just yet. The Phillies, Brewers, and Diamondbacks reportedly remain in the mix.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the trade of Manny Machado to the Dodgers is official.

The Dodgers will send five prospects to the Orioles in the deal, with Yusniel Diaz being the most widely-reported part of the trade. Rosenthal reports that RHP prospect Dean Kremer, 3B Rylan Bannon, INF Breyvic Valera and RHP Zach Pop are also in the deal.

it's been 2 long for the pads

but u kno that means they're going to uphold padres tradition and have a fire sale in 5 years

aaaaand

Padres shortstop prospect Fernando Tatis Jr. is expected to be done for the season after X-rays revealed a fractured left thumb.

Tatis suffered the injury on a stolen base attempt Thursday at Double-A San Antonio. He is likely to need surgery, although there is still hope after the swelling goes down that an MRI shows he can avoid an operation. Either way, his season is over, but the good news is the Padres don't expect the ailment to be an issue for Tatis beyond this year. One of the top prospects in the game, Tatis will finish the season with a .286/.355/.507 batting line, 16 homers, 43 RBI and 16 steals in 88 games.

Back