Reload this Page posts are weeks apart
Page 4 of 4
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 01-27-2012, 22:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Quest cleanup should not be the major focus of an expansion, especially when dungeon finder makes it faster for most people to just skip quest content completely. If they wanted to clean up the questing they could do that without a complete revamp, and as you said most people were already done leveling anyway.

I still don't know what Deathwing was up to, or even why everyone is so scared of him. The only thing he succeeded at was improving the businesses of Stormwind's Masonry guild.
No one really did, they just made it a whole "He's mad at the world so he wants to destroy it" blanket motive. I'm sure they had made a more involved story regarding old gods and such but eh...

I think WoW is ultimately just the "company cash machine" for Activision. They use WoW to make money which they use to fund other projects all the while giving them as close to the minimum budget possible to stay functional. And this time around they tried too hard to appease the newer players and it started to drive their older, more established player base away. What's done is done though, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Sponsored Links
Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 01-30-2012, 11:35
I know people say it every time a new major MMO is released, but I actually think GW2 is going to hurt what remains of WoW's playerbase unless MoP turns out to be amazing somehow. Game looks awesome and is actually trying to be innovative. Will probably be the new game that future MMOs copy off of - assuming it succeeds.

KI
VeteranXV
Old
63 - 02-05-2012, 02:09
Well I picked up TOR and have subsequently stopped.. WoW with a star wars coat and cool voiceovers, but worse questing. doing hard mode 4s and operations feels like more of the same.. I'm kinda in a weird spot because I have some fond memories of wow and raiding, but my desire for that kind of game has just gone to zero over the past couple months.. Now I have no desire for anything mmo related and am patiently awaiting diablo 3

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
64 - 02-05-2012, 08:20
from what i heard d3 isnt all that great either... but thats just based on the 1 beta map.

you may have to wait a while for any sort of innovation in mmos or rpg-coop like d3...

gw2 is a possibility

KI
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 02-05-2012, 16:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
from what i heard d3 isnt all that great either... but thats just based on the 1 beta map.

you may have to wait a while for any sort of innovation in mmos or rpg-coop like d3...

gw2 is a possibility
I just got in the D3 beta.. so far, it's super easy (but from what I read, it's all tutorial, basically the equivalent of going to blood raven) but it feels really good. In fact I'm super psyched. I know my argument of "I've done this before" should apply to both but something about arpg loot pinatas allows constant playing for me (that and, well you can pick and choose your own pace- have 30 minutes? good to go..).

Page 4 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page posts are weeks apart

Social Website Bullshit