[T2 Release] Disc Explosion - FireBall

SarcaStick

Contributor
screen1.png

vl2

Since i dunno wtf is up with my vl2's, I'm just going to ask people to extract the png's into their skins folder from now on.

You can fix it yourself if you choose to do so. Damn this pisses me off >:/

make a folder anywhere on your harddrive, name it textures.
Inside the textures folder you make a new one, named skins. Now you put the png in the skins folder. Then you right click the textures folder and choose to zip it so you can rename it to a vl2.

well.. the thing is.. you have pngs in the correct path, then you made a vl2 out of it. Then you made a new path named textures/skins and you placed the vl2 in there. Then you zipped that path so you got:

zipfile --> textures --> skins --> vl2file --> textures --> skins --> pngfiles

You need to cut out the part between the vl2file and the zipfile. So you get: zipfile --> vl2file --> textures --> skins --> pngfiles

then all people has to do is extract the vl2 file to base and it should work.

This is what i do.

1. copy all png's into the c:\textures\skins directory
2. take those copied over png's and vl2 them.
3. right click on textures folder and zip it keeping paths.

Hmm tbh, with winzip I never really got this working either, what I do is use Norton Navigator, make a folder let's say p:\sarca and make 2 subfolders textures\skins. Then all I have to do is go into the folder p:\sarca right click \textures and choose ZIP and click the option "include subfolders" and the vl2 is ready.

Sarc, this is what I have to do to get my custom skins to work.

* I put the replacement skins in a folder that matches their path in skins.vl2. For explosions, that's textures/skins.

* I put this in a vl2 file with a 'z' at the start of it's name.

* I put that vl2 file in my "base" folder.

Since I started doing this I haven't had any problem with custom skins working. I put them all in that vl2 and it's good. This is under Win2K.

Back