38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus"

does him posting a few times in this thread and never coming back again really count

I think he bounces back and forth between different forums to check on certain threads now and then. He still posts occasionally at fohguild.org on their forums.

It's too bad people go out of their way to troll him though (both here and on certain other forums), he's a pretty straightforward upstanding guy.

ah yes, but i am a pretty straightforward and upstanding troll... like politicians, like hitmen, we all play a role :)

I think he bounces back and forth between different forums to check on certain threads now and then. He still posts occasionally at fohguild.org on their forums.

It's too bad people go out of their way to troll him though (both here and on certain other forums), he's a pretty straightforward upstanding guy.

stalker

i actually ended up telling him about this thread back when it first started. i was like "hey, check it out, this forum i go to is talking about your game"

he doesn't talk to me much anymore now cus of you guys, way to go :p j/k he stopped playing wow and plays warhammer now, although he still logs in to say hi every once in a while. real good guy and fun to play games with

im honestly not sure how his mmo is going and haven't talked to him in about a month. im sure its still in production though, they only got the engine back in 08, but i have no idea what its like to produce a game. i just hope i get to play it sometime since im pretty sure i can play it on my mac (unlike every other mmo besides wow)

1. Schilling is a baseball player so his celeb endorsement is meaningless in the context of a MMO.

2. McFarlane is the worst comic book writer/artist in the history of comics.

3. Salvatore writes shitty fantasy. All fantasy is shitty so this is not a knock against him specificly.

We've been busy, as busy as you can imagine a company of 67 people would be putting something this massive together.
I'd hoped to be able to 'come out' in '09 and announce Copernicus, what it is and what we are doing but that doesn't appear to be the right choice for the company or the game.
We'll likely go even darker this year than last as we put our heads down and grind this thing out.
As for my coming around, I generally only do that when there's a post in the thread I am following that isn't a "You suck, Todd Sucks, RA Sucks" type post.
Always enjoy chatting up gamers on games.
Sad to say I am not playing much WoW right now (but know I will be someday) and very little WAR, I am giving LOTRO another try after playing at launch and leaving.
Also playing a bunch of WWII games as well as Sid Meier's RR.

Last edited:
The core product will be PC based. There will be IP related products across a broad range of platforms and in various forms of media, but the core product will be on the PC/Mac.

Back