Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
41 - 01-14-2010, 02:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruncha- View Post
now make some classic Tribes1 maps. you know like raindance n ****
raindance does exist, but won't be released over the legality of using those assets. If anyone wants to do a remake, then it should be pretty easy to do. We built everything to scale.

T1 uses meters, quakewars uses Inches. Scale factor is TU1 = 39.37QWU

If anyone wants to make a map for my mod, then they're free to do so. Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars - Mod Wiki

Sponsored Links
Dennis
VeteranXX
Old
42 - 01-14-2010, 02:55
Tribes if abandonware, as long as you're not charging people just make ****ing t1 with new graphics.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 01-14-2010, 02:56
Looks great. I would like the blaster weapon to be like the blaster in t1...BUT without the energy drain.

-[ENIG]ma-
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 01-14-2010, 03:19
Hrmmm, now I need to buy ET:QW.

r00fies
VeteranXV
Old
45 - 01-14-2010, 03:41
game needs a grabbler

make it so

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
46 - 01-14-2010, 03:41
My thoughts on the blaster:

Reduce the draw time and increase the projectile speed a little bit if you're worried about effectiveness. Make it a sort of quick-finishing weapon.

While it definitely serves in a back-up capacity in T1, I often carry it around in place of Plasma for my outdoor medium and heavy loadouts for the ability to just whip it out and snap off a finishing shot. If you have the physics right and the projectile speed decent it should be able to serve a similar function. No, it's not a primary weapon, but it's certainly useful.

Making it hitscan would just make it annoying to have used on you imo. If you can't do anything to make the other person's shot miss/mess with their leading, it's not a weapon that belongs.

arsin
Veteran++
Old
47 - 01-14-2010, 04:00
Raindance was an over rated map. Why would you re-make such a thing? lol bridge lol

Don't do T1 again. Make it new, make it fresh. Change the physics? Absolutely, that way old schoolers won't **** the **** out of newbs trying to learn the game.

gl hf

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
48 - 01-14-2010, 04:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post
Raindance was an over rated map. Why would you re-make such a thing? lol bridge lol

Don't do T1 again. Make it new, make it fresh. Change the physics? Absolutely, that way old schoolers won't **** the **** out of newbs trying to learn the game.

gl hf
Ascension - Game Info

Btw, the grabbler was awesome. Even though people abused it when capping the flag, it was like the only thing that T:V did well.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 01-14-2010, 04:33
i think you should make the blaster do more damage and have a much longer reload time

then make it require no energy cause that part sucked

then make it a bit slower, have an explosion that propels players and give it 15 ammo

Torks
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 01-14-2010, 05:51
1) your stuff looks awesome, keep it up!

2) don't listen to anyone here

3) I would go with option 2, I think having another hitscan weapon besides a sniper rifle could be realy anoying (especially if the weapon is in the default load out and everyone carries one).

4) Maybe make it some sort of laser / beam weapon to have a contrast to the gatling gun - not a simple pistole like projectile weapon. ( At least I think I remember being it that way in the first vid you released)

5) the grabbler suckt balls and threw the whole tribes balance out of the window

Last edited by Torks; 01-14-2010 at 06:27..
Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
51 - 01-14-2010, 06:21
Quakewars

need to build a map called Port-au-Prince

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 01-14-2010, 06:38
What about Vehicles?

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
53 - 01-14-2010, 06:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
What about Vehicles?
Vehicles are entirely possible, but won't be included. They do seem to work still without the game exploding. I just spawned a truck and can now drive about my map.

Boomerman
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 01-14-2010, 07:18
looks great man keep up the good work.

arcadus
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 01-14-2010, 07:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
i think you should make the blaster do more damage and have a much longer reload time

then make it require no energy cause that part sucked

then make it a bit slower, have an explosion that propels players and give it 15 ammo
and call it a disk launcher

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 01-14-2010, 09:22
This is probably the first Tribes mod project on another engine than Torque that can be taken seriously. That actually looks like Tribes.

When QW dev said that Tribes would be possible on that engine I was first skeptical, but thanks for proving me wrong.

Discourse
VeteranXV
Old
57 - 01-14-2010, 09:28
The biggest problem will be bringing in new players. If the player base consists of disgruntled old Tribes vets the game will die quickly.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 01-14-2010, 09:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discourse View Post
The biggest problem will be bringing in new players. If the player base consists of disgruntled old Tribes vets the game will die quickly.
I agree.

oDDable
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 01-14-2010, 09:46
this looks ****ing awesome

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
60 - 01-14-2010, 09:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanox View Post
Ascension - Game Info

Btw, the grabbler was awesome. Even though people abused it when capping the flag, it was like the only thing that T:V did well.

•Ascension Shutting Down
•April 2009 Update
•UPDATE: What We've Been Doing
•Now Accepting Beta Tester Applications
•August 2008 Update
Members of the Ascension community often ask how they can help our team. Our answer is always to tell your friends about Ascension and donate. Go to our donations page for more information!

Dear Ascension Community,

It is with great sorrow we announce the halting of the development of Ascension. It has been a long and exhausting road at times, with many obstacles and difficulties along the way. Some obstacles we plowed through. But at the end, we simply did not have the resources available to us to make the game the way we wanted.

Many developers within our team have dedicated countless hours of their time to create what was on paper a fantastic idea - a game created by gamers for gamers, capturing the game play and essence of a game we have come to enjoy for many years. I believe we have grown in leaps and bounds over the years. And as we made our rounds through the long development process, it was done with no rewards along the way but the satisfaction of things coming into place, and amounting sense of accomplishment that came with it.

But reality got in the way. We encountered one too many crippling faults in the game engine we have been working with, and the engine simply proved to be too incomplete and buggy to work with. Furthermore, many developers have become a victim to circumstance. Many have moved on to take on full time jobs in aspiring fields, many have become enveloped in their schoolwork or are working towards their careers. Some have life-changing events happen to them, some for the worse, some for the better. It simply became a matter of priority that many people have had to leave the development team.

If there is anything I cannot stress enough, it’s the fact that developing a game with such scope like this took a lot of time, effort, and especially patience. Patience with the engine, patience with each other, patience with in-compliant software, and patience and with the development process. I for one want to thank every one of you who were patient with us, and believed in us. The community breathed life into us and kept us motivated- we were always doing it for you guys. I really feel like we let you guys down. But sometimes one has to face the music and move on. New beginnings come from other endings, and you can bet you will see great things done by the members of our development team in the future. Not only did we possess talent, skill, and an eye for aesthetics, but also a lot of passion.

After much discussion and internal debate we have decided to release our code base much as it is now. Although its a far cry from a final product we felt that releasing what we created back into the community would allow everyone to see what we accomplished. Our intent with this release is to allow the community to take a peak at what we have completed as well as hopefully use, play, and learn from our work.

Finally, we want to thank every member of this community for all of your hard work and support. You the community are the reason we started this project. You were the driving fuel that kept us motivated throughout the countless sleepless days and nights. You should be proud of your contributions to this project. I know every member of this development team feels the same way as I do when I say thank you for all of your hard work and support. You are the only reason we made it as far as we did.

Sincerely,

The RenWerX Development Team

Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page ET- Quakewars MOD: Tribal Wars

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀ , free ▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀