Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page plastic bags must die.
Page 1 of 6
Bad_CRC
Linux Tribes++
Contributor
Old
1 - 07-04-2008, 13:53
Went down a new river yesterday with a friend, great river, lots of rapids, but damn... Most of the river was beautiful, but all over the place, like everywhere you looked, there were plastic shopping bags hanging in the trees from when there was high water during the last flood. Must've seen thousands of them over the couple hours we were on the river.

Made me think, damn, those are just the ones that happened to get stuck in the trees, I wonder how many make down the river to the ocean, must be many times that, and this is just one fairly small river.

I recycle my plastic grocery bags, but I know most people don't. Does anyone actually use cloth bags for grocery shopping? I don't, cause it seems like a pain in the ass, but after seeing this, I really think I should start.

ya I know this vid isn't just about bags...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9N9uCI2dgs

Sponsored Links
Sircle
The Man ShowX
Contributor
Old
2 - 07-04-2008, 13:53

Makasuro
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 07-04-2008, 13:54
Plastic bags are evil.

But when it's all said in done, it's just going to be the Earth + Plastic.

ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 07-04-2008, 13:55
I use cloth bags, but I also walk to the grocery store so I only get what I can easily carry.

Darksidesmoker
Veteran++
Old
5 - 07-04-2008, 13:56
Cloth bags are easy to use when shopping.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 07-04-2008, 13:57
How long until

1. Companies start making plastic bags that biodegrade/break down after 45 days
2. Seattle starts charging a 20c per bag tax at the checkout?

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
7 - 07-04-2008, 13:57
I'd rather kill the people that throw the plastic bags whereever the **** they feel. Plastic bags don't have legs or brains to decide where they are going to end up.

John the Jammer
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 07-04-2008, 13:58
As a bagger for Publix, yeah one store goes through a ton of plastic bags in one day. People place used bags in recycle bins which we later recycle, but it isnt really enough.

Just get the cloth, its the new thing.

Makasuro
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 07-04-2008, 14:00
I for one welcome our new polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, polymethyl and methacrylate overlords.

Bad_CRC
Linux Tribes++
Contributor
Old
10 - 07-04-2008, 14:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Jammer View Post
As a bagger for Publix, yeah one store goes through a ton of plastic bags in one day. People place used bags in recycle bins which we later recycle, but it isnt really enough.

Just get the cloth, its the new thing.
what percent of people use cloth? I dont know if Ive ever seen anyone at the store use it, though I see they sell the bags there.

henry
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 07-04-2008, 14:01
i just dump all my plastic bags in the ocean.

Makasuro
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 07-04-2008, 14:02

Bad_CRC
Linux Tribes++
Contributor
Old
13 - 07-04-2008, 14:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makasuro View Post
A lot of places looked exactly like that.

was pretty nuts, cause I've been canoeing since I was a kid, and you'd see litter, but never stuf like that, and now it's around every turn.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
14 - 07-04-2008, 14:05
quoting Carlin "how do you know we are not here to produce plastic bags" the earth will survive regardless when we are long gone

{FSC}Godfather
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 07-04-2008, 14:10
meh, i just throw out plastic bags in the garbage becuase mostly I just dont care.

But thats really all the plastic I use, no bottled water or drinks really.

I would think bottles would be a lot worse with all the emos who refuse to drink tap water in America

AniMisM
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 07-04-2008, 14:12
I use the same cloth bags over and over, but I live in Canada. We're light-years ahead of the US in terms of environmental awareness and recycling.

Bad_CRC
Linux Tribes++
Contributor
Old
17 - 07-04-2008, 14:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMisM View Post
I use the same cloth bags over and over, but I live in Canada. We're light-years ahead of the US in terms of environmental awareness and recycling.
and bacon.

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 07-04-2008, 14:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_CRC View Post
Went down a new river yesterday with a friend, great river, lots of rapids, but damn... Most of the river was beautiful, but all over the place, like everywhere you looked, there were plastic shopping bags hanging in the trees from when there was high water during the last flood. Must've seen thousands of them over the couple hours we were on the river.

Made me think, damn, those are just the ones that happened to get stuck in the trees, I wonder how many make down the river to the ocean, must be many times that, and this is just one fairly small river.

I recycle my plastic grocery bags, but I know most people don't. Does anyone actually use cloth bags for grocery shopping? I don't, cause it seems like a pain in the ass, but after seeing this, I really think I should start.

ya I know this vid isn't just about bags...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9N9uCI2dgs
If you drive to the store, you can put groceries straight into the trunk from the shopping cart and then get home. So really the only time you "need" bags would be to bring your groceries from your car into your house. If you have a driveway, then this would take you like one extra minute if you don't use any bags as opposed to using them. But if you really want bags, you could always use cloth bags like you said and you just leave them in your car and use it to carry from your car to your house.

So if you're using a car you basically can bypass bags completely (including cloth ones) pretty easily. If you don't use a car, just having a couple cloth bags is pretty easy (as well as sturdier than either paper/plastic).

PointyThingy
VeteranX
Old
19 - 07-04-2008, 14:18
All the grocery stores around me carry "green bags" now which are reuseable cloth bags and only cost a couple bucks. They actually work better and let you carry way more.

I see lots of people using them, it's a shame not everyone does tho. This is in Ontario if your wondering.

Dirty Sanchez
VeteranX
Old
20 - 07-04-2008, 14:18
i read in the paper some kid devised a way to make plastic bags decompose much faster, meaning a few years, rather than over 100.

Page 1 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page plastic bags must die.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is faggot , faggot environmentalist , free gon , pollution , shortsightedness