Page 12 of 126
clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
221 - 10-02-2017, 13:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
This has no bearing on lethality. You don't use full automatic fire to kill crowds of people, it wastes ammunition. So what is the purpose then of banning automatic weapons?
close to full auto fire seemed to work pretty well here

Sponsored Links
Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
222 - 10-02-2017, 13:53
Quote:
This has no bearing on lethality. You don't use full automatic fire to kill crowds of people, it wastes ammunition. So what is the purpose then of banning automatic weapons?
In this case i think it definetly 'helped' if you can call it that.

The big distance to the crowd + a few hundred rpm you get so much spread you effectively blanketfire the area. Way more effective than semiauto. As you can see on the amount injured and dead.

absent
VeteranXX
Old
223 - 10-02-2017, 13:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by clu View Post
close to full auto fire seemed to work pretty well here
I'm sorry, I meant to write "need to". Also, you can tapfire fast enough to make it seem like automatic fire, especially to someone who doesn't understand anything about firearms.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
224 - 10-02-2017, 13:54
gun debate

At least no one is talking about puerto rico any more

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
225 - 10-02-2017, 13:55
**** it you guys are right

everyone should be allowed to have everything.. tanks, helicopters, large caliber machine guns, jets, nukes

just give everyone with the money access to anything bc you can't withhold absurd levels of power because of a couple of bad apples

absent
VeteranXX
Old
226 - 10-02-2017, 13:56
I'm not arguing for or against gun control. I just asked what bearing banning automatic weapons has on anything when you can get better results with properly aimed semi automatic shots.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
227 - 10-02-2017, 13:56
If only he had a silencer like Hillary said, he could have killed the entire crowd before they knew it

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
228 - 10-02-2017, 13:57
Quote:
I'm not arguing for or against gun control. I just asked what bearing banning automatic weapons has on anything when you can get better results with properly aimed semi automatic shots.
It has no bearing since you can convert an ar15 to full auto for 50 dollars

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
229 - 10-02-2017, 13:57
U guys are too far gone to do anything about guns now

Blanket ban on new weapons going forward and just hope that everything just goes to **** and stops working after 3 shots eventually ala fallout3 maybe, but then ur talking about full on civil war to make that happen

I guess dudes lighting up a concert is the new normal

absent
VeteranXX
Old
230 - 10-02-2017, 13:58
AFAIK every one of these mass shooters has been a disgruntled amateur with no idea about what they're doing, except load up on lots of ammo and go pew pew. When you get some Iraq vet 20 years down the line with a carrier, a can or two, and a proper weapon, there's nothing you can do to stop him in any meaningful amount of time.

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
231 - 10-02-2017, 14:00
Quote:
i think in this instance an automatic weapon gives one a much better chance of hitting multiple targets

i understand how quickly a semi-auto can be fired--i own a couple

however, there is a reason automatic weapons exist in the first place, right? they are useful for laying down suppressive fire over an area, and they can also enable a bad-shot to cover an area full of people.... it's much easier to steady a gun/rifle that is spraying vs. pulling the trigger each time

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
232 - 10-02-2017, 14:03
I think the people in other hotels heard the echos and thought it was coming from their hotel. Just like the people at Fort Lauderdale airport thought someone was shooting from the garage, when it wasn't true.

Livingdeath
VeteranXX
Old
233 - 10-02-2017, 14:03
The only way to ban automatic rifles is to ban semi-automatic rifles. There is no way around it. It's just completely trivial to purchase the pin and the kit. Almost every redneck I know privately brags about owning the kit for a rainy day, so yea its about as common as you can get.

Look at one point society needs to decide what is the fundamental purpose of arming its population.

It needs to decide whether its about having a militia willing and able to rebel against the tyranny of government or whether its about allowing people to shoot birds and home protection.

The latter does not need semi automatic weapons... Shotguns and rifles will do.
The former is imo both a ridiculous prospect (good luck using your awesome ARs against military drones, tanks, and f22s) and a idea that is hopelessly dated. We have found that there are better methods of dissent in order to enact political change.

absent
VeteranXX
Old
234 - 10-02-2017, 14:05
The ludicrosity of the 2nd Amendment comes into full view when you realize that Americans haven't overthrown their government, regardless of how tyrannical it has gotten. So why bother pretending that that is the purpose of your guns? You don't have the sack to use them for their supposedly intended purpose, so stop pretending you ever will.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
235 - 10-02-2017, 14:05
i don't know what the solution is

but we do keep breaking mass-killing records

at some point you have to try to do something, right? or is the answer really "oh well sometimes ppl are gonna do stuff like this and we'd better have our twitter thoughts and prayers ready to go"?

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
236 - 10-02-2017, 14:05
So I guess he couldn't wait till Nov 4th.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
237 - 10-02-2017, 14:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
I think the people in other hotels heard the echos and thought it was coming from their hotel. Just like the people at Fort Lauderdale airport thought someone was shooting from the garage, when it wasn't true.
I know you've been to Vegas and you should know this stuff, but if you weren't sat in your room drinking shop bought beer, you'd see that these hotels are really big and far apart. DERP.

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
238 - 10-02-2017, 14:07
except the pro-gun argument has nothing to do with having militias and rebelling against the government

its about an individuals rights

what the **** does banning automatic weapons do when theres still an infinite amount of other options for a lunatic mass murderer to go on his spree

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
239 - 10-02-2017, 14:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1teaminlondon View Post
except the pro-gun argument has nothing to do with having militias and rebelling against the government

its about an individuals rights

what the **** does banning automatic weapons do when theres still an infinite amount of other options for a lunatic mass murderer to go on his spree
Ban semi autos too. Only allow bolt action rifles and shhotguns

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
240 - 10-02-2017, 14:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingdeath View Post

It needs to decide whether its about having a militia willing and able to rebel against the tyranny of government or whether its about allowing people to shoot birds and home protection.

The latter does not need semi automatic weapons... Shotguns and rifles will do.
The former is imo both a ridiculous prospect (good luck using your awesome ARs against military drones, tanks, and f22s) and a idea that is hopelessly dated. We have found that there are better methods of dissent in order to enact political change.
Not to pick nits, but your supposition that the military would be intact in a revolution is far-fetched. History tells us they fracture into factions and, as often as not, many factions side with the revolutionaries. So such a struggle would not be as one-sided as you suggest.

Page 12 of 126

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Las Vegas/Mandalay Bay mass shooting

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
cael cuckening nigger lover , dealy derp dipshit , humdumbin , lets kill cael , my life is good , veniggs permanently raging