[Safe Space] Birds Eye fish finger ad withdrawn over water safety fears by Edofnor - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Safe Space] Birds Eye fish finger ad withdrawn over water safety fears
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 02-01-2018, 16:52
FNGRvision brought to you by Tribalwar Gaming News, Kellogg's, B. Dalton Booksellers, your neighborhood drug dealer, and viewers like ~you~

Birds Eye fish finger ad withdrawn over water safety fears - BBC News

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News, an organisation for which Cathy Newman does not work; she's on Channel 4, you internet dorks
Frozen food giant Birds Eye has pulled a fish finger advert over concerns raised by County Durham safety campaigners.

The TV advert featured a man and boy jumping into the sea with a voiceover declaring: "Captain Birds Eye loves the simple things, like jumping into cold water on a hot day with his grandson."

A campaign group set up after the death of a 14-year-old boy from cold water shock called the advert inappropriate.

The firm agreed to amend it.

Cameron Gosling, from Crook, died after going swimming with friends in the River Wear in July 2015. It later emerged he had not acclimatised to the cold temperature of the water.

The teenager's family and Durham County Council subsequently launched the Dying to be Cool campaign to raise awareness of the dangers of swimming in cold water.

Cameron's mother Fiona contacted the company to say she was "shocked" (TW Gaming News Note: would you say she was 'cold water' shocked? ) when she saw the advert.

She added: "There are so many families and organisations that work so hard on water safety education. It seemed as though Birds Eye hadn't done its research before making it."

The council wrote to Birds Eye expressing concern that the advert suggested jumping into cold water on a hot day was safe.

A spokesman for Birds Eye said: "We take our advertising responsibilities very seriously and we were grateful to be made aware of this issue.

"We have taken the current advert off air. We are now amending the voiceover to remove references to the temperature of the water and weather.

"As a family brand, we decided to take swift action and wish campaigners every success in highlighting this important issue."

#Sad!

Tribalwar Gaming News Discussion Topic: how do u feel about the dangers of cold water shock? wat do u do when u want 2 raise awareness about srs danger lurking around the corner in ppl's everyday lives?

Sponsored Links
Smiling Canadian
VeteranX
Old
2 - 02-01-2018, 16:54
just another random thing that will kill Supertrap at some point...

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 02-01-2018, 17:24
save the fish, eat more children

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
4 - 02-01-2018, 17:36
My uncle died from eating fish. They should stop selling fish.

midst1
Veteran4
Old
5 - 02-01-2018, 18:08
my friend died from oxygen toxicity. they should ban air

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
6 - 02-01-2018, 18:12
that's retarded how would they make the fizz in coke then

uno
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 02-01-2018, 19:01
****, ill think twice about jumping in cold water on a hot day. for sure. Maybe I should write them a thank you letter for saving my life.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 02-02-2018, 02:51
At the rate we're going TV will just be dead air because anything and everything will remind someone of a lost loved one.

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 02-02-2018, 03:49
my grandma was lost in a park for a week one time i take umbrage with your post

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 02-02-2018, 03:53
so the kid is a gay fish or...? im missing the punchline

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Safe Space] Birds Eye fish finger ad withdrawn over water safety fears

Social Website Bullshit