Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The state of T1.
Page 7 of 15
Bravo
VeteranXV
Old
121 - 11-26-2009, 07:27
Sucks that the only semi-decent server left is run by a group of old, jobless men who have nothing better to do than sit in observer all day and ban you if you accidentally O-snipe someone who is spamming your stand with disks from midfield.

Also: LT gave Tribes the second wind it never would have gotten if it had never existed. It extended the life of competitive Tribes by a good 3-4 years.

Sponsored Links
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
122 - 11-26-2009, 09:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Will never happen for a multitude of reasons.

Chief among them is that Tribes is dead and nobody gives a ****.

But hey, why don't you put up a server with proper admins and all that fancy stuff you just wrote about and see how many players it has and for how long. (hint: it'll die in out in a matter of weeks because Tribes is dead and nobody gives a ****)
Amadeus hates tribes because when he was a kid, tribes was driving drunk and killed his parents.

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
123 - 11-26-2009, 09:40
that wasnt tribes

that was ptavv

spockhammer
AlwaysCryingXX
Contributor
Old
124 - 11-26-2009, 10:07
this thread got so much worse once jomo posted his tribes manifesto rofl

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
125 - 11-26-2009, 10:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
Amadeus hates tribes because when he was a kid, tribes was driving drunk and killed his parents.
thanks for the top of the page quote

really though, almost everything you posted there could be solved by starting a new server and adminning it the way you described. if you think that would save Tribes, then why don't you do it?

CombatWombat
VeteranXV
Old
126 - 11-26-2009, 10:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
I agree with everything jm 5*103 said.
This.

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
127 - 11-26-2009, 10:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
25 people in US base just now. .base map came up, of course they vote to go to another LT map. I dropped.
I figured that's what happened.. I was like Hey Van... but you were gone like the wind.

As for Tribes, I am gonna play all the time now. I had alot of fun in the pub last night.

Happy thanksgiving everyone I am out for now.

vesuv
VeteranXV
Old
128 - 11-26-2009, 13:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
anyway yakuza tell you what

next time theres a pickup and i'm there and it's not too high level i will captain and let you play a map. most people have to wait to get a shot but i'll pick you since i want people to stay playing
what is too high level? you guys are too worried about winning to prove what? there's a lot of decent players sitting around that never get picked. the games the other night were pretty atrocious with the "quality" players being picked. and its also ok for some of you guys to **** around and still get picked every map? looking at lost. and a few others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
Pickups are meant to be higher quality than pubs. We have enough trouble getting people to not **** around. The incentive to not blow, would be compromised if it was just first 10, and you were picked regardless.

The main reason we're afraid to pick new people, is we're not sure they know the positions. Even if you're rusty, or not a great shot, or whatever.. you can still function in a pu, but if you don't know the position.. that destroys the game. Knowing when to stay back on a standoff, when to d up, when to camp, when to go for a return, when to egrab.. pubs don't include any of that.
you don't get those abilities by watching every game.

I know I'm not the greatest player, and I don't pretend to be better than everyone I play against. People can't say they don't know me cause I'm always around. I guess I'm just not in the crowd. Sat for 3.5 hours the other night unpicked. No big deal, I'll still sit around.

Tic
VeteranXX
Old
129 - 11-26-2009, 14:04
Whats funny is that poncho actually believes he is good at Tribes.

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
130 - 11-26-2009, 14:05
and so does opsayo

I'll have to admit I thought dare was a ****** ****talker at first, but he's pretty good, and he's grown on me

Golazo
Old
131 - 11-26-2009, 14:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare View Post

that's what makes the game fun for a lot of us

puncho
VeteranXX
Old
132 - 11-26-2009, 14:14
No I think it's funny that you think you're good yet you do nothing in pubs nor get picked in PUs. I'm sorry, someone has to put you in your place.

Yet you talk about "back in the day" or how I was fallen's bench warmer when you played IE even tho I didn't even play on a team back then. Delusional much?

arcadus
VeteranXX
Old
133 - 11-26-2009, 14:27
opsayo owned me in a duel the other day, true story

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
134 - 11-26-2009, 15:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by puncho View Post
No I think it's funny that you think you're good yet you do nothing in pubs nor get picked in PUs. I'm sorry, someone has to put you in your place.

Yet you talk about "back in the day" or how I was fallen's bench warmer when you played IE even tho I didn't even play on a team back then. Delusional much?
Dude I Obs'd you for 2 matches. I wouldn't say you suck. But I wouldn't say you are elite either. The one skill you impressed me with was flag passing/ recieving. I will give you that. other than that I will say good day to you sir.

|V|
VeteranXV
Old
135 - 11-26-2009, 15:14
Quote:
you don't get those abilities by watching every game.

I know I'm not the greatest player, and I don't pretend to be better than everyone I play against. People can't say they don't know me cause I'm always around. I guess I'm just not in the crowd. Sat for 3.5 hours the other night unpicked. No big deal, I'll still sit around.
Yah, well I picked u.. and I tried to see. Unfortunately Non told you to play another position, and i didn't know it til it was too late, so no idea how your LO is.

Quote:
Dude I Obs'd you for 2 matches. I wouldn't say you suck. But I wouldn't say you are elite either. The one skill you impressed me with was flag passing/ recieving. I will give you that. other than that I will say good day to you sir.
He's actually one of the worst passers/catchers that play in the pu's.

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
136 - 11-26-2009, 15:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
He's actually one of the worst passers/catchers that play in the pu's.
He must have been practicing then.. lol

Dynamo
VeteranXV
Old
137 - 11-26-2009, 15:20
Poster 1: lol u sux at teh tribes

Poster 2: no u newb i amz elite

Rest of TW: at this **** happening over a 10 year old game

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
138 - 11-26-2009, 15:22
you more or less hit the nail square on the head with that one

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
139 - 11-26-2009, 15:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
Poster 1: lol u sux at teh tribes

Poster 2: no u newb i amz elite

Rest of TW: at this **** happening over a 10 year old game
Tribes is dead.

Tic
VeteranXX
Old
140 - 11-26-2009, 15:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by puncho View Post

Hahahaha...buddy, I don't have to think I am good, in fact, I have nothing left to prove in this 10+ year old game - I won all the **** this game has to offer - have you? (you dont have to answer that, we know the answer) - the fact that I dont play PUs is only because they are LT, and LT is for newbies who cant fly without an epack and a nade launcher (AKA - LT - not real Tribes).

As Kuza said, you are not bad, but you are not nearly as good as you think you are - shut the **** up and keep practicing.

Page 7 of 15

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The state of T1.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
i wish i could be opsayo , itt: opsayo acts cool , lol , opsayo is so cool , opsayo sucks donkey dicks