Earliest life may have arisen in ponds, not oceans

I would think that it would almost have to be ponds, not oceans. Oceans are fairly caustic environments compared to a pond

i do

i admire him for trying to be a better person and people hate on him for it

why is that so wrong?

what does being a better person and christianity have to do with each other? they've been science denialists for centuries and it continues to this day. see reply 1

Any theory that has ever been written or will ever be written is just that, a theory. We will never know these answers, chances are we will never even get close.
True, but it good that we keep trying.

I mean we know down to the the first milliseconds of the big bang.

i do

i admire him for trying to be a better person and people hate on him for it

why is that so wrong?

I’ve known good people, don’t get me wrong, but a true Christian whose #1 priority is being a better Christian through thoughts, words, deeds? I’ve personally have not met a person who truly puts Christianity first. I admit, this would be a very difficult thing to do.

Disclaimer: I’m not a Christian, I was raised catholic which is a hybrid of to diametrically opposed religions. I’ve never believed or subscribed to any religion. My belief is that the truth is well beyond mans reach and that every theory we have, ever religion is fabricated by man through ignorance or through the desire to control a flock of “sheep”.

I’m ok with never knowing.

Any theory that has ever been written or will ever be written is just that, a theory. We will never know these answers, chances are we will never even get close.

Do you even know what a scientific theory is? Do you have a degree in the science?

ppl here do so pls respect that ok

otherwise this will end up turning into a bible argument from the unsciency ppl here

Edit: Oh, looks like I should have read page 2 before posting:sunny:

If you want to do a Bible throw-down, I'm here for you.

I'm daring you.

Last edited:
like you would know what a "real Christian" would do

I would, yeah. I've read the bible, cover to cover without help. Most Christians have not.

Promoting atheism could be propounded by encouraging "The God Delusion" by Dawkins, or "God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" by Hitchens (rip), but imo the best way to achieve an atheistic population is to encourage them to read, cover to cover, no help, the Koran. Or the Talmud. Or The New Testament. Or The Book of Mormon. Or the Old Testament. Or, or or.

In this, the holiest of weeks, for Christians, I'm encouraging all of them to read the bible. No help, no studies, just open it up, read it, and then do some reckoning. There is no better way to make atheists than to encourage them to read the bible.

In other news, I was raised Christian Mormon, and am very familiar with scripture. Havax, why are you not sharing your testimony with us all?

I would, yeah. I've read the bible, cover to cover without help. Most Christians have not.

Promoting atheism could be propounded by encouraging "The God Delusion" by Dawkins, or "God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" by Hitchens (rip), but imo the best way to achieve an atheistic population is to encourage them to read, cover to cover, no help, the Koran. Or the Talmud. Or The New Testament. Or The Book of Mormon. Or the Old Testament. Or, or or.

In this, the holiest of weeks, for Christians, I'm encouraging all of them to read the bible. No help, no studies, just open it up, read it, and then do some reckoning. There is no better way to make atheists than to encourage them to read the bible.

In other news, I was raised Christian Mormon, and am very familiar with scripture. Havax, why are you not sharing your testimony with us all?

You do realize that you've already quoted that post of mine three times with three different answers, right? :lol:

what does being a better person and christianity have to do with each other? they've been science denialists for centuries and it continues to this day. see reply 1

I’ve known good people, don’t get me wrong, but a true Christian whose #1 priority is being a better Christian through thoughts, words, deeds? I’ve personally have not met a person who truly puts Christianity first. I admit, this would be a very difficult thing to do.

Disclaimer: I’m not a Christian, I was raised catholic which is a hybrid of to diametrically opposed religions. I’ve never believed or subscribed to any religion. My belief is that the truth is well beyond mans reach and that every theory we have, ever religion is fabricated by man through ignorance or through the desire to control a flock of “sheep”.

I’m ok with never knowing.

In order:

Ix: he's trying to live right and be a better person, as what the book calls for. If you want to take it out of context and make this about science, youre all fuckered up. Has nothing to do with him working at being a better person. He treats people good despite people shitting on him (like you) on a regular basis. Your own words show exactly the disdain people have for him. Sad.

JP: Yes, he ministers to the less fortunate and lives by the word. This is why I admire him, he's not one them 'praise jebus' fuckers who is in the jesus BUSINESS, he's in the JESUS business.

i'm not going to pick on a demented person but this opinion is fairly common and preposterously wrong. so wrong that it usually indicates the speaker has never met a christian or conversed with one on issues of faith. this is like saying "ah, you think you have a happy marriage, but wait til i show you these pictures of your wife - with you and your kids!!"

yeah dude, thanks for your concerns but christians know there's weird shit in the bible*. they have various ways of handling it and they trust their scholars and leaders to do the hardest theological work for them. trusting better educated people and investigating uncertainty, now where would they get an idea like that?

this might be hard to hear, but much smarter people than you have read the bible, spent their whole lives studying it, and still maintained a christian faith. go watch the joe rogan with megan phelps roper if you want some idea how scripture works (and that's from a faith with some incredibly dumb beliefs)

*it's not even that weird anyway. all the medieval shit the israelites do is in the context of being a primitive desert tribe struggling to survive, and jesus says not to live like the israelites anyway. revelation is near impossible to decode but so vastly different than the other books that it's no wonder most faiths reject it. it's almost as if *you* haven't read the bible.

For the record, I do enjoy Christian holidays because I enjoy family times. I’m not offended by these days in anyway.

we need Gandalf in here to explain how all of this is false because the earth is only 6000 years old

and obviously i'm not saying all christians are smarter than non-christians. just that past the teenage years you ought to realize religiosity and intelligence are mostly orthogonal. if there are a disproportionate number of dumb hick christians today, it's because dumb hicks come from a different culture than the mainstream, not because dumb urbanites are so much more rational in choosing their beliefs.

Ix: he's trying to live right and be a better person, as what the book calls for. If you want to take it out of context and make this about science, youre all fuckered up. Has nothing to do with him working at being a better person. He treats people good despite people shitting on him (like you) on a regular basis. Your own words show exactly the disdain people have for him. Sad.

how is a disdain for human knowledge being "a better person"? belief in the spaghetti monster has held back and continues to hold back humanity because people like havax are scared little bitches. scared of death, scared of their beliefs being destroyed by science, and also scared of gays for whatever reason.

promoting fear based on religion should be rightly criticized at every opportunity.

Back