Reload this Page Fixing the roads, changing America
Page 10 of 18
Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
181 - 05-17-2014, 19:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_nexus View Post
and you're breaking down on I-95 with an axle that damages about 25% of the mile of panel you're on, now they have to close down one of I-95's lanes to clear up the glass shards and another day on top of the one you broke down on to now pop out that panel, reconnect the wiring, and put in a new panel...
I would hope that just the glass would be replaceable easily enough. Although I suppose it's possible that the electronics get damaged too. We'll have to see how it ends up developing, but replacing them could/should be made easy enough that it is something that the DOT guys could do with a little bit of training.

I donated $50 because **** it, it's worth testing.

Sponsored Links
Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
182 - 05-17-2014, 20:15
No its not

if you want technological progress you should start demanding access to the technology they brought back during the 60s and 70s

GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
183 - 05-17-2014, 20:15
shut up

Kismet
Veteran
Old
184 - 05-17-2014, 20:19
denver just legalized medical experiments on consenting terminal patients which is great cuz that company that promsed me a 13 inch dick but cant sell the meds legally can just prove it there without fda bull**** and i can stop jelqing

Vance
VeteranXX
Old
185 - 05-17-2014, 22:37
maybe u can get a solar powered dick and use it to kill people

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
186 - 05-19-2014, 13:00
if reading aint your style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
187 - 05-20-2014, 13:08
How will you keep the panels clean and how much power do you lose when they are dirty?

We had the opportunity to conduct a unique dirt test recently. Our drought conditions had become quite bad and everything on our property was covered in dirt/dust, including two identical solar panels that we have mounting on our roof. We decided to clean only one of them and then see how the outputs compared.

After one of the panels was cleaned,we monitored their performance throughout the day. It was sunny that day, and we learned that the clean panel produced less than 9-percent more power than the dirt covered panel. So even if we find that it's difficult to keep the panels clean, it may not be the issue many expect.

Most roads with high speed vehicles keep themselves pretty clean, as most small particles are blown off by the passing vehicles, with the exception of spills from oil, transmission fluid etc. There is a very common natural element called titanium dioxide, which turns substances like oil and grease into a powder that would be blown off by wind or washed away by rain. It's currently used on building facades to keep them clean. Spraying a road surface with titanium dioxide or a similar coating may solve the problem. Once we are able to hire a team (by meeting our goal on Indiegogo or working with an investor) we'll put some people to work on this very problem. Quite likely other solutions will be found that we haven't thought about just yet.

There will be some obvious obstacles such as oil spills, sandstorms, storm debris, etc. Here's the worst case scenario: if all else fails, we can replace snow plows with street sweepers where needed (vehicles with large rotating brushes). They're used here in Idaho in the spring to clear the roads of the sand that was used for traction during the winter months.***65279;

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
188 - 05-20-2014, 13:29
street sweepers ****ing suck at cleaning streets, in my experience. i don't know if it is lack of maintenance or the operator not giving a **** or what, but they usually leave the road just as dirty as before.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
189 - 05-20-2014, 13:31
electric computerized street sweepers that run off the energy provided by the solar road might do a better job
giant roombas of the road!

VonTed
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
190 - 05-20-2014, 15:54
Every car will have a mandatory road-roomba installed

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
191 - 05-20-2014, 15:56
this **** is bull****

stick your future up your bottle and glass

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
192 - 05-20-2014, 15:57
powdered oil blown everywhere

sounds like a great idea goshin keep them coming !

Chia_Pet
VeteranX
Old
193 - 05-20-2014, 16:21
im pretty sure if we can up up with solar powered roads that we are capable of coming up with a way to clean them LOL.

seriously? this is the tough part?

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
194 - 05-20-2014, 18:23
just people asking questions
new tech and all, game changing technology nbd

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
195 - 05-20-2014, 18:32
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 194
User Name Posts
Goshin 52
Data 9

He does like to bump his own crap and talk to himself icpedo style

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
196 - 05-20-2014, 18:51
yaaaa
bumping a content thread with new articles and break thrus really isnt talking to myself dummy

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
197 - 05-20-2014, 18:54
It is when no one gives a **** about what you consider content aka copy paste

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
198 - 05-20-2014, 19:16
i'd like to learn more about your hobby of putting on sweet armor and smacking people with weapons

seriously
so please make a thread about that, how you got in to it, all that cool ****

i'd make a thread about something i know a lot about, like swimming or insurance, but no one seems to care about either
so i take my interests that I read a lot about, and then post interesting **** going on in those areas

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
199 - 05-21-2014, 12:15
i know you saw that comment
tell me more god dammit

uno
VeteranXX
Old
200 - 05-21-2014, 13:24
Dunno why people like raging on goshin. I enjoy maybe half his threads. Which is a much higher % than most others bs here

Page 10 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fixing the roads, changing America

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert , ass mode , goshin , very ugly goshin