Joys of home ownership

SmallKiwi

Veteran XV
So my neighbor knocks on my door this morning to let me know my sump pump isn't draining, go around the side of the house and sure enough it's a lake, sump pump keeps kicking in but the drain pipe is clogged (and not connected, thanks shoddy building practices!). Since I'm getting damp walls on the unfinished side of my basement I give a plumber a call and give him a bunch of money to snake the drain pipe (Sunday, overtime, payday for him). This drain pipe leads to the street, but the downspout on the front of the house also dumps through it. Well he snakes is and I'm running the hose to check the clog and we start seeing bits of fur washing out. He finishes but it's still a pretty small flow, so I double check that the hose hasn't kinked when I notice the water is still backing up. Just then the sump pump kicks on and gushes a bunch more water on what is already standing then suddenly like a toilet flush it all drains. Worried, I go back around the front and the plumber says "there's yer problem" and points at a large, totally naked, white, water logged & stinking squirrel, still totally intact. Fucker musta climbed into the downspout and got stuck. I'd post a pic but it's on my kid's phone so I'll have to do it tomorrow. Just one of the many small animals that have ended up in my trash can.

Oh and my neighbors drain pipe was clogged too but I don't think it was a squirrel, just dumb awful luck. Hope we have a dry week so my lawn has a chance of coming back.

Squirrel-killers.jpg

i canty believe that by the end of this coming april i will be a home owner for 20 years :eek:. never had a squirrel problem but just last friday we had a 5ft Gardner snake in the yard

I was slightly concerned my clogged garage drain was a dead animal but in the end it turned out to be plain old ice.

So you need to cover your downspouts with a mesh screen.

If you think it's bad now, just wait until the Ho wants a new kitchen. 50K.

not if you get those cabinets with the doors that are impossible to slam tho

that is the future and it is here

Back