[Official]TribalWar SUPERCOMPUTER thread

Installed 2 giant delta fans, sooper computer update 2.0 almost complete.

Upgraded from the 3820 quadcore i7 to the 4960x hexacore i7

ran a few benchmarks
Spoiler

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4960X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH X79
3d mark: 33,605 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti(1x) and Intel Core i7-4960X

Last edited:
I got my new radiators and parts for my Ryzen build but we havent closed on our new house yet so its just waiting to be built. I will post when finished.

Installed 2 giant delta fans, sooper computer update 2.0 almost complete.

omg google NOCTUA....

Last edited:
I got my new radiators and parts for my Ryzen build but we havent closed on our new house yet so its just waiting to be built. I will post when finished.

omg google NOCTUA....

ya i just got that one... thing is fkin huge, forced me to pick a slightly different case than i was planning lol (fractal define r5)

Just got my PWM 3 way cable and hooked it up to my cpu optional header so it modulates the speed of the two Delta fans based on temps. Had to make a cable bridge over the path of air flow from the front of the case to the back.

Fan and cable mess below:
Spoiler

I've overclocked the 4960x from 3.6ghz to 4.5ghz and its running steady. Pulls in 422 H/s on CryptoNight.

ya i looked it up and can mine 2$ in btc/day with my 1080ti... lol fk that. ill probably kill the fkin thing by the time it breaks even with its value... not counting electricity costs either.

Modified the front 5.25" drive bay for a PWM fan controller so my case fans are independently powered off that instead of the CPU aux output with user fan curves. Next update may be a new power supply with a second 1080 Ti.

omg google NOCTUA....

Funny you should mention them. :sunny:
Their PWM fan controller looked better than any other options, Zalman was second place after reading up on it a bit.

I ran a new Firestrike benchmark with the fans up and running properly
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4960X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH X79

Last edited:
looks like a cpu test to me ;P

heavy cpu use is only for poorly written games that actually heavily rely on cpu for shit like physics when they shoudl be using gpu for that too

Last edited:
should i replace my l5640s with x5690s or get more ram (24->96)

also will a video card (a bare minimums cheap one) make any difference whatsoever if it's headless and all I do is remote desktop in? I like to think plex might use it but idk

Last edited:
Back