[I don't have it] Tribes Extreme: Prima's Official Strategy Guide

So you probably know about canceled expansion pack Tribes Extreme, but did you know there was a Prima's Official Strategy Guide about it? It was written by Joel Durham, but it was never published because expansion pack got canceled. So we cannot buy it or get it on the internet (not even if we contact prima's guides which are gay and have stupid copy pasted response hurr durr we are sorry but that book is out of stock - probably by some newbie idiot who just searched database of their latest guides and has no idea what is it), so how can we?

I usually don't share personal conversation but this part just nicely sums it up and provides vital information (Joel if you are ever going to read this i'm sorry)

Now, Tribes Extreme. What a mess. What a goddamn mess. I had technical problems that the devs couldn't help with, I had big deadlines that were sometimes only days apart, etc. I honestly don't know if the book ever ended up on store shelves. When the project got canceled, I got what's called a "kill fee." That's when something someone writes dies on the editor's desk, either by the writer's fault (which has never happened to me) or through unforeseen circumstances, like magazine space gets shortened, or the game you're writing about gets canceled. The kill fee is a percentage of what you were promised for completion. I think, IIRC, the Tribes kill fee was 40%.

I have copies of all the books I've written stored away, deep in the basement, under lots of things. I do not recall whether I ever received a bound copy of Tribes. I know I got an unbound (a book's worth of sheets, in order, but with no binding to hold them together), but I don't think it ever got bound. If it did, I don't think I ever got a copy.

he has that guide in his basement
this is his twitter https://twitter.com/JoelDurhamJr
if lots of ppl bug him about it he will probably share it idk

ive never even heard of tribes extreme. is there any more info on it? i assume it was for starsiege: tribes? im pretty curious what sort of expansion the devs would think up with a game as moddable as tribes

anyway that conversation happened almost a year ago and i actually don't care anymore, because he stopped responding to my tweets. i just felt responsible about sharing this info if some of you might actually get that historical piece of paper.

ive never even heard of tribes extreme. is there any more info on it? i assume it was for starsiege: tribes? im pretty curious what sort of expansion the devs would think up with a game as moddable as tribes

yes it was for tribes 1, it was being developed in 99' but got canceled because dynamix tribes team moved all their resources on creating T2.

i did some quick googling Tribes Extreme Screenshots - IGN

http://z6.invisionfree.com/brazilbrserver/ar/t720.htm

i read a lot about it but dont fuken remember much except it had whole single player campaign and improved multiplayer. there was also a comic http://wiki.theexiled.pwnageservers.com/Tribes_Extreme/All_the_King's_Horses

Last edited:
thats a fucking shame, ive never played them but ive only heard good things about the earthsiege and starsiege campaigns. i didnt realize that singeplayer would be a focus for their expansion thats a really good idea, too bad they made t2 instead :(

Back