This is how to make the smartcar sell. by JuggerNaught - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page This is how to make the smartcar sell.
Page 4 of 4
MajorChaos
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
61 - 07-07-2008, 14:56
I love all these new cars coming out say "WOW LOOK AT THIS AMAZING HIGHWAY MPG OF 24!"

My Pontiac GTP that has the 3800 engine in it can get up to (and maybe past) 32MPG on the highway. That engine is producing over 240 BHP and is super charged.

So I have to ask, why are all these new cars getting such ****ty gas mileage? Has everyone forgot about the mid 80s - early 2000s cars that easily got into the mid 20s and high 30s for a mpg?

"The biggest factor is MPG is not what you drive, its how you drive it" - Jeremy Clarkson .. or something like that

Sponsored Links
Goofy
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 07-07-2008, 15:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Sure hitting a barrier.

but what happens when the one on the right side hits the one on the left side?
lol same thing I was thinking.

bam
VeteranXV
Old
63 - 07-07-2008, 15:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorChaos View Post
I love all these new cars coming out say "WOW LOOK AT THIS AMAZING HIGHWAY MPG OF 24!"

My Pontiac GTP that has the 3800 engine in it can get up to (and maybe past) 32MPG on the highway. That engine is producing over 240 BHP and is super charged.

So I have to ask, why are all these new cars getting such ****ty gas mileage? Has everyone forgot about the mid 80s - early 2000s cars that easily got into the mid 20s and high 30s for a mpg?

"The biggest factor is MPG is not what you drive, its how you drive it" - Jeremy Clarkson .. or something like that
Short answer? Weight
Long answer? To meet the new safety standards every manufacturer has to add significant weight to the vehicle. There is no way the 1800lb Honda Civic CRX would meet the stringent crash testing of today's automobiles.

Btw, when I had my GTO, I would get ~30mpg on the freeway no problems, but around town I'd get 13mpg.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
64 - 07-07-2008, 15:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorChaos View Post

yeah im looking for a 90s civic cx, i used to take one to long beach and back on like half a tank.

Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
65 - 07-07-2008, 15:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDU5BU_qSJU&NR

Do Want.

Page 4 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page This is how to make the smartcar sell.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
does it come with a/c? , most likely get laid , smartcar , suicidetaxi is god