Proxy by Wannacookie - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Proxy
Wannacookie
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 03-21-2018, 21:06
Looking to see if anyone has a private/unknown proxy I could use for a week or so. Solely to stream music while at work - they've ****ed up the content controls, and who knows when they'll fix them. If it takes longer than a week, I'll simply rent one myself.

Just drop me a PM, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 03-21-2018, 21:39
Not an unknown proxy, but a server at home listening on port 443. I tunnel to it from work and surf any page I want. The cool thing is I can log into my home computer and bring up the desk top. Scroll down this page and there's all the directions. You can try the server for 30 days. The client program is free.

[Ugh!] Company Internet and Email Usage Policy by Weioo - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums

Listening to music? Use your phone with noise canceling head phones. Bluetooth will let you walk around with no wires, but you'll have to charge them.

The other thing I do at work, is surf the net on our guest wireless connection. Many people have a small laptop to the side of their computer. I plug my headphones into that and stream my music.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 03-21-2018 at 21:47..
StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
3 - 03-21-2018, 21:51
Shouldn't you be working at work not listening to music or playing on the internet? It's called work for a reason.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 03-21-2018, 22:03
The boss has a big Bose system in his office. Nothing wrong with listening to music and some surfing. Everyone else talks all day making a ton of noise.

One person sets up his phone as a hot spot and surfs on his laptop that way.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 03-21-2018, 22:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by StapleMammal1 View Post
Shouldn't you be working at work not listening to music or playing on the internet? It's called work for a reason.
pleb alert

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
6 - 03-21-2018, 22:15
Right. Well ok. If boss is cool with it no foul.

Wannacookie
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 03-22-2018, 00:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by StapleMammal1 View Post
Good news, tehvul. Some humans listen to music while working for white noise. It tends to beat the shrill voice of the assistant.

Thanks NGFM. I've already investigated the web server option. I may move that direction if something else doesn't pop up. Proxy is just the easiest thing.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Proxy

Social Website Bullshit