The real duel challenge

livin as ignorants must b sups ez u no cuz it so less stress etc
yall just jesters compare 2 Mun
Multi decade chit game playin pubscrub vetroob jesters. .
Dat all he he :king:

First off gg's to rtcll he did beat me.

Second after reflecting on losing last night I came up with a few easy ways to change my game play to fit this new "meta" as the new games call it.

Duel never had 75 discs until it was changed on Arghs which definitely was not in my favor I don't shoot that much and having 75 discs takes my movement out of the game a lot because I can't mill you on discs.

Next, beacons. Rtcll uses some pretty good beacon hops to dodge nades and things. I did not use a single beacon because its never been in my arsenal. I know there's an autobeacon script that could change that for me though.

Next, Duel start. I use to be able to control the duel starts better meaning I could put the disc made plasma whatever in the right place to knick u. Instead the started off every duel getting knocked.

The duels felt really fast moving to where I couldn't control them. Honestly I don't know if that was me not playing enough or rtcll controlling it. I think it was mostly me letting him control me.

All in all if I fix these little things I think the score would drastically change. We will see if I ever get enough time to put some effort into fixing this. The answer is probably not so until then rtcll duel king.

I understand tribe rust, izza. I think that's a pretty decent showing to go 2:1 against rtcll in your state. I think he 3:1 or 4:1 me. Which isn't saying much cuz I'm no dueler. But you've lost no respect imo.

izza no one thinks you are worse of a dueler than rtcll

i can honestly say everyone in obs last night commented about his run away, go to a high hill, and disc spam thing yesterday night

the irony being when i did that to him he screamed and said "THAT ISNT DUELING" repeatedly till i stopped caring and just went for mas but then he did it to you

i also noticed the damage free countdown time being an issue as well

typically people duel more than once to see who's actually better but seeing as rtcll will dodge duel requests once hes won there wont ever be a series of duels like that now that hes got his ego fix for his real life insecurities

i can honestly say everyone in obs last night commented about his run away, go to a high hill, and disc spam thing yesterday night

This is a good strategy

the irony being when i did that to him he screamed and said "THAT ISNT DUELING" repeatedly

:lol: Yes he does that. It's a p funny double standard.

I agree that if izza gets his beacon usage down he'll be much better than he is currently. idk wtf autobeacon is though izz.

is the beacon script true? can someone please post it? i don't even have beacon button bound D:

edit: autobeacon/shiva was old school cheat that had waypoints for easy mortaring

Well it is dueling. He was using a tactic that was effective in beating me its 1v1 there's no shame in that. I can say that style in general I am not very good at playing against though. I am not an attacker I generally like u to attack me so I can control u. When I have to constantly attack like that I become the one falling in traps and getting controlled. I didnt take the loss bad I look at it more like there is someone that has a style that I'm not as good against and need to find a solution.

right letting a person waste ammo spamming discs so u have the upper hand is a legit strategy but it cant be done on arghs cuz of the disc limit being basically infinite

so whatever way u have of gaining movement control then goes out hte window because ur constantly dodging

its an abusive tactic and the saddest part is that when i did the exact same thing to rtcll going 1-1 vs him in the first 6 or 7 duels he flipped his shit on me to the point where i stopped doing it because im not a super try hard that has to play serious all the time

i actually couldnt count how many times last night he should have been lined up to die with a sliver or red health and u with an almost full green bar and he'd run climb a hill and spam discs till he got lucky hitting you all the while u never disc spammed back

literally everyone in obs noticed this and called the duels boring at that point

In duel health is not reallt y ur primary resource. Its ur energy I know the duels u r referencing. He was able to use the health to bait me into a bad move and in turn beat me on those. Its not lucky. If you know ur low health u deliberately play different. Yes some shots may seem outrageous and I remember one in particular but he still took the shot and it landed

right but running and being able to spam the discs constantly to cover you resets the energy advantage and really everything else to nothing

this is y its nicer to not make this 18 year old video game into an ego fest and just duel for the enjoyment and challenge

maybe 1 day u will win vs someone maybe next week or month they reconfig their stuff or get better and u lose

instead it turned into some ultimate challenge sperg fest

one thing ull notice about the ppl that get listed as the best lt players isn't that they took #1 on a ladder

its that they took #1 on the ladder with different combinations of people year after year after year

1 win and vabing is typical of a person thats lost vs the majority of truly good ppl over the years this game has been alive tho

izza did get me low quickly in a lot of duels -- what do you expect to happen?

your only option when you immediately are at a huge health disadvantage (and most likely energy by this point) is to regain a height position. I didn't backup when we had equal health; it's the only logical thing to do when you're about to fkn die. and ya but I mean we each had equal discs, and for all my "disc spamming from afar," i still had higher accuracy.

i don't know what autobeacon is, i just beacon like i've always beaconed and every good dueler needs to be able to beacon. it's always been a big part of surviving guaranteed damage.

most of the damage between izza and me was nades and plasma, discs probably were last in total damage.

playin against his nades was the hardest thing to adapt to. by far the best nades ive played against. his air control and then movement to move forward at me only left me with one choice and that was to back up, but that was mostly for tranquility. if you watched our duels on duelmap4, they were super fucking fast because we just started plasma'ing each other right off the bat.

they were ggs and im sure if he was playing as much as i do scoreline would be different but for now ill be happy with my gay title in this dead game

didn't duel used to have less discs

wtf 75?

doesn't that seem crazy?

wasn't one of the "things" about duel conserving ammo?

yes, lestat made the change some time ago

I honestly don't think it changes anything in duel. Now if it was nades that got extra ammo, that would be a completely different story. But I don't think having extra discs really change the outcome of any duels as long as nades are still kept at 10. they're the main reason high level duels are won and lost.

and its not like the increased disc limit was a surprise or anything, all of the duels he's done recently have had the increased limit.

i honestly don't think it changes anything really though since long range discs are so easy to dodge and the only way i might even play slightly differently is ill probably throw out a few more chance discs from long range but other than that it's normal air control and nade/plas focus

if lestat made it to like 20 grenades or something tho i would prob lose cuz izzas nades are ridiculous

Last edited:
Back