[T3] voicebind/coordination idea

Uncle Silas

Veteran X
The voice bind thread reminded me of this. A year ago, or so, a guy on my team wrote a script that combined certain voice binds with a little HUD that the whole team could see. For example, when I would type, VSAF "I'll attack the enemy flag" my name would turn yellow. Then, when I would type VTF "Target the enemy flag", my name would turn green, etc. Using that and something like BuddyPoints it made coordination of attacks much easier.

It was somewhat complex and wasn't really useful on pubs but in matches it was great and if you know the voice binds it was easy to adjust.

He didn't write a peice for the Defense but it could be easily done I'm sure. If the game had something like this instead of half the useless planning features coordination would be much easier.

Also, I think you could do a voice bind to designate whether you're on offense or defense and set the hud so it only shows offense or defense players. It would be nice to know who's in position and who's out. When someone dies their name turns red...and so on.

Any thoughts?

In t1 there was teamhud I believe which did all of that. Should definaly be in t3, but leave it up to the scripters. Leave as much possible up to them, so its more customizable.

Back