Reload this Page buttmapping in tribe
Page 1 of 2
broast
VeteranX
Old
1 - 01-30-2017, 22:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQGdxvp7dQ

na but really my bros i mean bump mapping

here just as a proof of concept i hacked up some specular lighting and added a light over the player and also sampled the existing base textures to automagically generate normal maps to make everything shiny and bumpy

im hoping soon ill have full shader lighting and ssao, then stretch goal real time full shadows

so basically this is my tribal revival project

Sponsored Links
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 01-31-2017, 00:27
not your average buttmap

vamp
Veteran++
Old
3 - 01-31-2017, 02:51
that is pretty cool

groove
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 01-31-2017, 03:12
thats v cool plz finish n release ily broast

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 01-31-2017, 10:44
where are the butts

Pak
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 01-31-2017, 13:04
nice

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 01-31-2017, 13:44
~ WOW I WANT THAT 4 MY TRIBES IT LOOKS SO COOL ~

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 01-31-2017, 13:56
intense

broast
VeteranX
Old
9 - 01-31-2017, 15:01
so as you can see there's diffuse lighting missing from the terrain, and the baked in shadows go away when i relight it, and theres no fog, so its not perfect and a little jarring

last night i got a second pass shader working. i didnt realize it before but turns out tribes 1.40 adds support for some opengl extensions and uses frame buffers, so what this means is i have a simpler path to reliable post processing effects

currently i'm working on SSAO (moderately difficult) which if you dont know is a really nice shading effect that makes everything feel a little bit more realistic

ill also soon add better texture filtering (ez) and anti aliasing (ez), and i'll have a better bloom (ez) than before, and i've already started to add color grading (medium), perhaps some non obtrusive fog (ez), and ive even thought about generating wavy grass on the grassy parts of lush terrain (medium)

the final thing i want to add is real time shadows (hard). i could use the built in shadows (baked on base/terrain textures, and player shadows) and things would look pretty good with the other changes, but i feel this will be a really modernizing effect that will be totally worth it. the problem with this is it will be the most challenging part.

another to-do is to then convert all the textures that look like they should be light sources to actual dynamic light sources, so interiors have dramatic lighting. this should be relatively simple

then i replace everything with a nice choice of hd textures (maybe some model replacement), simple huds, package it all into one cool config that i will call something like "Broast's Tribes" or "Tribes 1nfinity" or "Tribes One" or something lame and release

but ill also put out the dll for all these shader effects with configuration

this i did not do with my previous implementation of bloom because it was not reliable and i was merely a novice at opengl 3d programming and reverse engineering. i recently uncovered the source to my rainbow plugin and got it compiling again, and i decided to take another whack at the shaders. now i feel i have a much better understanding of this stuff i'm hacking here and this bump mapping is a really major life accomplishment to me. seriously where i am now with this has been a dream of mine since i was a preteen so this is my little hobby passion project and i just want to let the community know i love you all and i dont want t1 to die and even as it does ill still be toiling away at this exe until nobody cares and im sorry i stiffed yall on the bloom plugin i was just a kid. i tried to release rainbow plugin to make up for it but again i am truly sorry about the backspace key

broast
VeteranX
Old
10 - 01-31-2017, 15:07
the reason the shadows are the most challenging part is because current techniques require you render the entire scene from the perspective of the camera, and capture the depth buffer to generate the shadows. tribes only renders everything once, so i would need to figure out a way to make everything render twice. ssao and diffuse lighting without these realtime shadows would still be nice

broast
VeteranX
Old
11 - 01-31-2017, 15:08
just thought of a way i can wrap each render call to render everything twice. so you see its still possible

broast
VeteranX
Old
12 - 01-31-2017, 15:10
i get database errors whenever i try to edit so edit: after getting diffuse lighting on the terrain working or getting the baked shadows back, i think that could be released as a 0.1 version

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 01-31-2017, 15:37
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to broast again.

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 01-31-2017, 15:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to broast again.

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 01-31-2017, 15:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by broast View Post
so as you can see there's diffuse lighting missing from the terrain, and the baked in shadows go away when i relight it, and theres no fog, so its not perfect and a little jarring

last night i got a second pass shader working. i didnt realize it before but turns out tribes 1.40 adds support for some opengl extensions and uses frame buffers, so what this means is i have a simpler path to reliable post processing effects

currently i'm working on SSAO (moderately difficult) which if you dont know is a really nice shading effect that makes everything feel a little bit more realistic

ill also soon add better texture filtering (ez) and anti aliasing (ez), and i'll have a better bloom (ez) than before, and i've already started to add color grading (medium), perhaps some non obtrusive fog (ez), and ive even thought about generating wavy grass on the grassy parts of lush terrain (medium)

the final thing i want to add is real time shadows (hard). i could use the built in shadows (baked on base/terrain textures, and player shadows) and things would look pretty good with the other changes, but i feel this will be a really modernizing effect that will be totally worth it. the problem with this is it will be the most challenging part.

another to-do is to then convert all the textures that look like they should be light sources to actual dynamic light sources, so interiors have dramatic lighting. this should be relatively simple

then i replace everything with a nice choice of hd textures (maybe some model replacement), simple huds, package it all into one cool config that i will call something like "Broast's Tribes" or "Tribes 1nfinity" or "Tribes One" or something lame and release

but ill also put out the dll for all these shader effects with configuration

this i did not do with my previous implementation of bloom because it was not reliable and i was merely a novice at opengl 3d programming and reverse engineering. i recently uncovered the source to my rainbow plugin and got it compiling again, and i decided to take another whack at the shaders. now i feel i have a much better understanding of this stuff i'm hacking here and this bump mapping is a really major life accomplishment to me. seriously where i am now with this has been a dream of mine since i was a preteen so this is my little hobby passion project and i just want to let the community know i love you all and i dont want t1 to die and even as it does ill still be toiling away at this exe until nobody cares and im sorry i stiffed yall on the bloom plugin i was just a kid. i tried to release rainbow plugin to make up for it but again i am truly sorry about the backspace key

Unhelpful
Veteran5
Old
16 - 01-31-2017, 17:44
Looks neat. On the subject of AA, I think Groove mentioned that it doesn't look right with fonts. All fonts should be transparent and marked as transparent to tribes, so there is a way to not do AA for those textures.

broast
VeteranX
Old
17 - 01-31-2017, 18:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhelpful View Post
Looks neat. On the subject of AA, I think Groove mentioned that it doesn't look right with fonts. All fonts should be transparent and marked as transparent to tribes, so there is a way to not do AA for those textures.
i believe i will be able to exclude huds and only post process the 3d game scene

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 01-31-2017, 18:34
tribes needs BROAST colour customization FOR THE MASSES

groove
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 01-31-2017, 19:33
yea i dont remember the details but AA did wacky thigns with tribe fonts

but also yea prob best not to apply any post stuff to huds in general

keep up the good work broasty, looks awesome. noticed the lighting differences and baked shadows disappearing but i know you'll figure out those details

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 01-31-2017, 19:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
yea i dont remember the details but AA did wacky thigns with tribe fonts

but also yea prob best not to apply any post stuff to huds in general

keep up the good work broasty, looks awesome. noticed the lighting differences and baked shadows disappearing but i know you'll figure out those details
lol

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page buttmapping in tribe

Social Website Bullshit