s6, now with more spikes

looks like theyre running out of ideas
Before Wotlk even came out they said they weren't planning on putting much effort on arena armor sets and that they'd focus on raid armor. It's not like anyone really notices anyone's gear anymore anyways besides prot warriors and paladins with giant shields.

i don't trust the s6 pic. Looks fishy, mainly because I don't think blizzard makes "Druid Gear" for humans as well as the other race/class specific gears (The reason it takes them so long to come out with new looking gear is because they have to model for every race).

On another note, the T8 Mage gear is finally cool looking. I think mages got the shaft in terms of cool looking gear for a long time now.

Also, the reason The shaman gear always looks awesome is because Samwise Didier has a mancrush on shamans I think. So he's always biased towards them.

, mainly because I don't think blizzard makes "Druid Gear" for humans as well as the other race/class specific gears (The reason it takes them so long to come out with new looking gear is because they have to model for every race).
Sarcasm?

The mmo-champion people just pop armor on a male human model because it's the most neutral looking model.

I don't think blizzard makes "Druid Gear" for humans as well as the other race/class specific gears (The reason it takes them so long to come out with new looking gear is because they have to model for every race).
I see. In your world, do they make separate models for the various combinations of shrinking/growing effects too? I guess they swap them out really fast to simulate smooth growth/shrinkage.

Before Wotlk even came out they said they weren't planning on putting much effort on arena armor sets and that they'd focus on raid armor. It's not like anyone really notices anyone's gear anymore anyways besides prot warriors and paladins with giant shields.

its very unfortunate that with the ridiculous cash wow is raking in, they are unwilling to put proportional effort into its development.

<blizzard on wotlk> heres more of the same with slightly different graphics, gimmie billions more suckers!
<other game devs who actually care> :jealousy+anger squared:

"no, mr devito, ultimately greed is not good and this is why"

you're right... unfortunately it will be for consoles :(
rumors are fun

Even if it is going to be multi-platform (highly possible) PC will still be a main platform for it. Blizzard is Blizzard because of the PC platform and they have stuck through it in times when other devs and publishers have all but abandoned it or worried more about what type of spyware anti-pirating device they're going to use rather than the game itself.

But this is totally derailing the topic, back to making fun of arena armor sets.

PTR 3.1.0 - Patch Notes

And for the record, I wasn't that upset with the Season 5 sets - but I know a friend who quit the game all because of them :lol: I thought they were fitting grungy looking WOTLK'ish Arena sets.

I still don't see why they don't use port copy the pve tier sets and change some colors like they used to. Would totally shut-up all the people like me who say the PVE sets get way more of a focus than the slopped together, obviously lazy, PVP sets. :)

PvP power gamers bitched that their S4 Brutal set looked exactly like the stuff out of Sunwell, and on down the line back to S1.

So Blizzard gave them exactly what they wanted -- unique models.

Be careful what you wish for.

im talking mainly the head and shoulders, thats all anyone really notices anyways. I always wanted a cowl type look without looking silly (T4 with wings), nothing has come close to that till now.

T5 had wings (I agree with you on wings), but T6 has the cowl look and is about 2100 times better looking in general.

Wow holy shit Blizzard has seriously gone down hill, I'm very glad I jumped off that train before it derailed..

Those new PvP sets honestly look like some guy just got out of a Devry 3d arts college and made them or some shit..That is really sad..

Is it really that hard to come up with new ideas or to design a half decent looking piece of armor? Or is it that it costs more money?

Wow holy shit Blizzard has seriously gone down hill, I'm very glad I jumped off that train before it derailed..

Those new PvP sets honestly look like some guy just got out of a Devry 3d arts college and made them or some shit..That is really sad..

Is it really that hard to come up with new ideas or to design a half decent looking piece of armor? Or is it that it costs more money?

Don't worry about it, none of your character's would be able to obtain any of the armor anyway.

those pvp sets look fucking BAD, holy shit welcome to gear that looks worse than 2005 molten core gear

a lot of the pve ones look cool though

PvP power gamers bitched that their S4 Brutal set looked exactly like the stuff out of Sunwell, and on down the line back to S1.

So Blizzard gave them exactly what they wanted -- unique models.

Be careful what you wish for.
I know, I just don't know why they bitched.

I was happy with getting the same models / different colors. It kept the PVE/PVE crowds on an even field of "omg look at my armor" but you could still tell who was a PVPer and who was a raider.

Back