Ulduar Preview / 3.1 on PTR soon?

bc was released with kara, gruul, mag, ssc and tk

24 new bosses (26 if you count outdoor bosses)

I personally loved attunments in BC, they were very challenging and gave you a lot of nerd power

I think it added to the lore and game play as well, the quests themselves were well tied into the dungeons and raid zones

Weren't Gruul and Mag pretty much impossible when they first came out? The current WOTLK stuff seems really easy when you're not going for some of the achievements (immortal, sarth +3, etc).

I'm glad the bosses in this new one will have optional difficulty levels like Sarth, it's way more fun and gives you something to look forward to.

Weren't Gruul and Mag pretty much impossible when they first came out? The current WOTLK stuff seems really easy when you're not going for some of the achievements (immortal, sarth +3, etc).

I'm glad the bosses in this new one will have optional difficulty levels like Sarth, it's way more fun and gives you something to look forward to.

its been discussed already :p

alot of that has to do with gear level, and i don't think cookie cutter specs were really out yet (I know holy priests had a few, coh was useless until t6 content, where it was OP as fuck)

another thing to consider is alot of characters had their spec's completely reworked, spells/talents changed, etc

ex
shadow priests raped fucking face @ TBC launch, with shadow word death having a really short CD (4 sec I think?), and destroying charts, only to be nerfed to fuck and being the most dps capped class in the game ;/ Thats the only class I can really recall off the top of my head, its all I played until t6 content came out

I think it added to the lore and game play as well, the quests themselves were well tied into the dungeons and raid zones

I thought it was bullshit raids didn't give rep, until hyjal/bt

was bullshit, apparently the cenarion expedition cared about you killing some scrubs under vash, but didn't have any reason for you to actually kill her

or the sha'tar with kael, etc

bullshit, still annoys me ;/

Last edited:
I think maybe I just liked it because it was linear and it was so easy to gauge how far along you were progression wise

For instance I knew as soon as I hit 70 I had to start my kara attunement, once I was done with that I need to kill nightbane and gruul to get into ssc then I had to kill mag to get into TK and round it all out with killing kael and vashj to get to the holy land of t6. I'm probably just stuck in BC but I liked that a lot more than everything being open to everyone, and yes I know I'm in the minority and it's not a good business plan for blizz.

As long as hardmode bosses are much harder and drop much higher ilvl loots (not this 200 vs 213 bullshit) then raiding will seem at least a little more enjoyable. I don't necessarily need 10 fights like Sarth 3D with all the instagib mechanics, but simply something that isn't a guaranteed 1shot in the first couple weeks of doing it. Pre-nerf M'uru was still challenging after several weeks of killing it, I simply want all 25 players to have to pay attention again instead of sleeping through content.

I do still want to be able to PUG raid though because it gives me something to do on off nights, but if I can PUG hardmode content that my main clears in the first few weeks it'll be a joke.

None I can think of. There are plenty of 80 elite giants and dragons all over the place, none of them bosses obviously.

Vault is still the same old nonsense.

1. OT picks him up when he lunges for MT.
2. Stay out of the clouds.
3. Don't run to other people if he starts throwing spikes at you.

vehicles suck. Hate them. Why wasnt this content released with the initial expansion? It took them that long to make 10 levels of quests that you blow through in 1 week, a re-used raid zone that kicked ass as 40 man and got dumbed down into scrub shit, and 2 raid bosses (Vault doesnt count. It must've taken them 5 whole minutes to think up that boss). Incredible. Does their office hold 5 people or 4? At least when TBC released, despite buggy raid content, there was a ton and I mean a fuckton of raids/bosses compared to this.

Anyways, whining aside, I still really like the game, but damn for having so much money and becoming part of such a large company they sure as fuck work slow.

Back