AdreNaLiNe

Veteran XX
As assassination rogue.

Same rotations
Yes, I have poisojns
No mention of any hotfix regarding rogues
Gear fully repaired

Suggestions?

Running perfection rotations on training dummy.

To clarify, I typically do about 16-18k dps on heroic fights. (never tested on dummies)

Last night, I was doing about 11k dps. One thing I noticed was my SCT barely had any crits (poisons/melee). I had a fair amount of mutilate crits, which I expect.

I hit up the training dummy, and pullng a near perfect rotation, I am pulling about 12.5k dps.

All night, I felt as though my dps has been suffering considerably, especially since I ran about 5 heroics last night. On fights in HoO, on those 4 bosses, I can consistently pull 15k, while switching to adds/portals, whatnot. I was doing about 9 last night.

Is there a possibility that mods/combat log/hotfix fucked something up? Anyone else notice anything different?

I don't have much to add other than I ran tests with adren for about an hour and got the same results, so it's not his recount or anything unique to his PC.

As for my rogue, I just find that new gear doesn't seem to do a fucking thing; I still go between 10k-14k depending on most fights :shrug:

I didn't notice any differences last night... had no problems hitting 20k+ on my rogue during raid.

Did you have any logs running? Maybe missing major armor debuff or something like that?

I was starting at 22-23k, leveling out to 18-19k, and then back up over 20k all night on Heroic Maloriak, so there was nothing different about rogues overall.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

In 10 man, I pulled 19.6k just the night before, on a fight that has more movement, albeit bonus damage during green phase.

I just noticed a huge discrepancy starting last night. I wondered if it may be recount, but other people's recount showed the same thing. No matter how hard I pushed, how I timed every cooldown in heroic, basically attempting to play as I do in a raid encounter (as clean as possible and focused) I couldn't break 12.5k. Don't know, maybe just a really off night for whatever reason, and maybe everytime I looked, I was catching bad streaks of stuff.

Pessi, if you get a chance, could you try testing on a dummy and let me know what you're hitting? If you're about 1-2k higher, I can understand it's based on your proficiency and/or gear and maybe I'm too paranoid.

if bliz changed something in the combat log text maybe recount isnt picking it up. not sure how it works. dunno if there is another dps meter.

Noticed this too, I seem to be doing 2-3k less against bosses. I rarely stare at recount but checked it out for funsies and was surprised because I used vendetta + vanish pretty optimally, never let SnD or Rupture drop and used normal rotation with as high as possible envenom without letting it overlap. Odd

i noticed my mastery rating went up but my percentage on the tooltip was lower

perhaps they hotfixed something without saying anything?

Pessi, if you get a chance, could you try testing on a dummy and let me know what you're hitting? If you're about 1-2k higher, I can understand it's based on your proficiency and/or gear and maybe I'm too paranoid.
2zz2otx.jpg

Flasked, no food, ~5 minutes (3 Overkills, 2 Vanishes), no external debuffs, no Backstab spam since dummies have 100% HP.

Back