Raid healing

Santa

Veteran XV
So I was in Bastion of Twilight on my holy priest and this druid was almost doubling my healing. There was a sham that was even with me, but the druid was totally outhealing us.

Whats up with that? Priest healing feels gimp at the moment.

Do you have some logs? We could help you out easily if we saw those. But priests are a very strong healing class right now.

don't have logs.

Was on the Twilight Ascendants in BoT. If I spam renew, i'll oom. If I use circle of healing every time I oom. Prayer of Mending requires damage to be taken. I chakrad aoe. But its like the druid can just hot everyone. With all the bouncing around I can get interrupted easily doing prayer of healing - and thats only party wide - people aren't always together - out of range etc.

Prayer of Healing 1046393 31.3 %
Circle of Healing 700325 20.9 %
Prayer of Mending 416438 12.4 %
Echo of Light 287088 8.6 %
Renew 227523 6.8 %
Glyph of Prayer of Healing 155870 4.7
Divine Hymn 145690 4.4 %
Lightwell Renew 103230 3.1 %
Binding Heal 97450 2.9 %
Flash Heal 53990 1.6 %

And then some more heals, but that was the breakdown from our top priest last kill for council.

Paladin > Priest > Druid > Shaman

IMO, of course.

Your opinion is biased, simply because I am in your immediate sample pool.

Also: Make a "CLICK THE FUCKING LIGHTWELL MACRO" or yell at people and your numbers will improve significantly.

EDIT: Priest healing is not very spammy at the moment the only spell you should ever spam is PoH. Even then you want to keep CoH and PoM on cd. If you haven't kept up with the TC you should really read the priest compendium over at elitistjerks.com there is a vast wealth of information there that can prove invaluable.
If you are having mana issues you either need to reevaluate your stat priorities and reforge or try and play with your cooldown usage to get more value from them. Coodination with other healers is very important as well, letting other healers know when you are using Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope can make HUGE differences. It allows you to things like chain a Pallies Holy Radiance into a Divine Hymn during heavy predictable damage. Healing is much more interactive than it has been for a long time. Working together with your other healers will make you progress improve by leaps and bounds.

Last edited:
As a resto shammy i agree with pessi, pally heals are considerably stronger than mine, druid/priest are kind of middle ground with shammies bringing up the rear.

There's no way a druid should be outhealing anyone. Their aoe heal (wild growth) ticks for less than a shaman's healing stream totem.

Depends on the fight. Its back and forth between priest/paladin though, easily. I'd go with priest in alot of 25m fights, but in 10m/5m, paladin easily.

Last edited:
Back