Next expansion rumors (Cataclysm?) by Zaine - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Next expansion rumors (Cataclysm?)
Page 2 of 8
FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
21 - 08-15-2009, 13:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaine View Post
Ah, I didn't really do a search before posting because I keep up-to-date on the WoW section and didn't recall any discussions of it.
Yeah, I posted it in the wrong forum. I doubt anyone outside of this subforum gives a ****.

Sponsored Links
xpdnc
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 08-15-2009, 13:08
So the humans manage to capture and subdue Thrall, but a bunch of goblins is all it takes to free him?

Seriously?

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
23 - 08-15-2009, 13:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post
So the humans manage to capture and subdue Thrall, but a bunch of goblins is all it takes to free him?

Seriously?
Maybe he had a serious hangover.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 08-15-2009, 13:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
gnome druids are the only thing that would bring me back to wow
Sure, let's give druids as many escape mechanics as possible. On the off-chance your shapeshifting fails just pop Escape Artist and win.

These rumors trigger a big huge DUH for me now. I mean they experimented with phasing technology in Wrath here and there, but now they are probably at the point it is stable now so they can afford to use it more. The bulk of this new expansion can simply be phased for the classic crowd will still see the old world as it is but the but the rest of us will see the changes/destruction. Assuming they have an exception for **** like changing Azshara, splitting the Barrens in two, etc.

I would miss Azshara though, it was the most pointlessly fun zones there was. You go in for MC **** (waterlords) out in the middle of ****ing nowhere and everyone had to go there for their lvl 50 class quest.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 08-15-2009, 13:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post

Seriously?
Unless thrall "knew it was going to happen" or "it was planned" or some bull****, thats not gonna happen.

Thrall is to awesome

Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 08-15-2009, 13:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Sure, let's give druids as many escape mechanics as possible. On the off-chance your shapeshifting fails just pop Escape Artist and win.
EA rant.

--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 08-15-2009, 14:37
How would your shapeshifting fail, Feannag?

Like if you miss the button or something? And then you are suddenly magically locked out from pressing said button again for a few seconds?

ReneG8
VeteranX
Old
28 - 08-15-2009, 17:32
Yeah gnomedruids would be a total waste of racials, like NErogues were before the utter chaos that shadowmeld now is.

Gnome hunters on the other hand ...

Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 08-15-2009, 17:43
Gnome shaman yo.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 08-15-2009, 19:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
Unless thrall "knew it was going to happen" or "it was planned" or some bull****, thats not gonna happen.

Thrall is to awesome
If you watched you'd be aware Thrall is in some sense mildly naive to humans though. I could see humans luring Thrall into a trap, using mages to subdue his shamanistic powers of awesome.

And in hindsight this could be a good thing. I mean the whole time in classic the nations were re-building after the Second War. No one had resources or armies. The kingdom of Lordaeron was decimated by the Scourge and was Quel'Thalas. Thrall was still leading his escaped orcs across the sea to Kalimdor. Cairne was fighting a seemingly losing war against the centaur clans, to the point he couldn't secure a place to settle his people. And Sylvanas was more or less at a crossroad trying to find a place for her now freed people.

Years pass, as the adventurer population find and thwart many threats to their respective peoples' security (Defias, Twilight's Hammer, Burnign Legion agents, etc.) the population starts to settle in and rebuild. And even when outlands was reopened Thrall finds more of his people untouched by the blood curse and they find new people and allies in the shattered world.

By the time the Arthas is defeated, the nations have built and stabilized so much so they have raised massive armies to campaign in Northrend, and the cold roof of the world and fighting the Scourge left them every experienced. Without an obvious threat, the Alliance and Horde devolve into open warfare as there are nor evils to fight and they now both have standing and battle-hardened armies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chaingun View Post
How would your shapeshifting fail, Feannag?

Like if you miss the button or something? And then you are suddenly magically locked out from pressing said button again for a few seconds?
I'm saying druids have enough escape mechanics they don't need Escape Artist to be a fail-safe to a fail-safe. I'm sure something would happen along the lines of the gayness that is NE druids shadowmelding/flying off when they can't win.

Last edited by Feannag; 08-15-2009 at 19:47..
Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 08-16-2009, 01:20
Edit: Nevermind. Keep going.

Nail Bomb
Banned
Contributor
Old
32 - 08-16-2009, 01:48
i know how blizzard is but, can anyone even come remotely close to putting an accurate release date on this?

Sir Lucius
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 08-16-2009, 02:36
Why do people think this is a copout? I think it's pretty neat that they're redoing the old world, especially making it so people can use their flying mounts. Instead of endgame, which they already have a lot of polish on, they're fixing up the leveling game. Or do you just think the new races they chose were the lazy part? I think it's a better idea than trying to shoehorn in something new.

Nail Bomb
Banned
Contributor
Old
34 - 08-16-2009, 02:58
i'm into it for the fact of being able to use the flying mount in the old world.

Carpas X
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 08-16-2009, 03:48
i think suicidal crazy goblin ****s are awesome for the horde. they'll probably have +engineering...i can't think of what else they'd get.

Sir Lucius
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 08-16-2009, 04:18
Barter, 10% discount at vendors.

Nail Bomb
Banned
Contributor
Old
37 - 08-16-2009, 04:43
ive been wanting to play a goblin since i rolled my rogue on release day. i wonder what classes they are going to allow goblins to be.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 08-16-2009, 04:52
I'd guess rogue, warlock, warrior, and maybe hunter.

Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 08-16-2009, 05:02
Iczer, we should do 3's next tourney. I don't know what comp would work best with us since I don't know your familiarities .

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 08-16-2009, 05:14
I'd be up for it, our one teammate is always emo and never wants to do the tourny because he says there's no point since we won't win. He's no fun.

Page 2 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Next expansion rumors (Cataclysm?)

Social Website Bullshit