Ulduar

Terra

Contributor
How are you guys liking it so far? How far have you guys gotten?

Trash is the hardest part of Ulduar so far for me... (Fuck you Mimiron and Freya trash). Also, while it is massive and has 14 bosses, I don't think 14 bosses and one zone is enough for me to satisfy a lot of the hardcore people.

I'm also disappointed that they've spent so much time and resources on testing yet there are so many problems. My favorite post has been:

"We did note the bug reports on PTR, and believed we had a solution for the issue implemented. Apparently the solution wasn't completely effective in this case."
-Daelo, Lead Encounter Designer

Got about an hour of playtime last night, downed FL. Got three attempts on Razor in tonight before people got booted/locked out of the instance.

The server is the hardest boss so far.
We need to be like the alliance guilds on our server and just raid all night in order to beat the server boss. Once PUGs stop trying hopefully lag will be better, but the difference between a sub-20% attempt and a 50% attempt on XT-002 tonight depended on when and how long the lag spikes were. It felt like we killed it 5 times before we actually got him to give up loot, but poorly timed lag spikes either caused MT deaths or too many other random deaths that couldn't be healed through.

We need to be like the alliance guilds on our server and just raid all night in order to beat the server boss. Once PUGs stop trying hopefully lag will be better, but the difference between a sub-20% attempt and a 50% attempt on XT-002 tonight depended on when and how long the lag spikes were. It felt like we killed it 5 times before we actually got him to give up loot, but poorly timed lag spikes either caused MT deaths or too many other random deaths that couldn't be healed through.

Lmao, the decon trash was bugged last night and we had to pull some creative use of game mechanics to beat the boss. Voltron mode on Mimiron is soooo gay btw.

Seems fun, if only dps learnt not to stand in the fire.

On the other hand it is horrible, the bugs suck and there really should be no justification for how bad it was released....how was the patch close to 'perfect' when you couldn't even get past the first section of bosses? They must have not even tested it at all, the bugs were so blatant too.

i am surprise Yogg-Saron drops the same ilevel items as the other bosses on normal, at least they are damn well itemized.

I've spent about 4 hours actually Raiding Ulduar in 2 days, and 3+ hours of that was against bugged bosses. Fun. No, really...

Hopefully by tonight the shit actually works and I can enjoy new content.

I'll let you know when we can actually play in any of the instances.

Ulduar = 1 hr wait last night of us lagged out in front of ignis.
VoA = 1 hr wait last night of us lagged out in front of emalon.

You zone in, and the group is in two different instances. You can't zone out or you crash for half an hour. I'm almost tempted to call off tonight's raid as it is.

I had fun on FL 10 man. I left 3 of those towers up so little dwarves kept running at us during and after the fight (fyi: destroy all the towers).

The trash outside of Iginis was a challenge but I thought it was fun (but I wasn't healing).

once you get past the server problems everything in ulduar is really easy. my initial feeling is that the zone is unimpressive given the amount of time it's been since blizzard put in a brand new raid instance but i'm waiting until we can get into some of the later hard-mode fights before i pass any judgment.

i can see what blizzard is going after with the raid content in this expansion. it is kind of fun being able to take down new bosses right away. we had almost 30 people stay up until 5am last night because we were plowing through all the ezmode bosses.

You must play on a low pop server where there were only 2-3 other raids in Ulduar. Must be nice.

Back