Tigole gone from WoW

I like the game better now since I'm not in college anymore and cant play for as many hours as I please. However, I still wish they had a couple of bosses that were really challenging. I think Ulduar should have all the bosses be on similar difficulty to Naxx/Malygos but then ~2 bosses that are actually really difficult.

I just really don't see the fun in smacking the shit out of bosses that are that easy, it's basically just loot pinatas, you can lose half the raid and still kill a boss. Everyone has the same chance to get the same gear and after a month everyone will look the exact same.

I'm kinda in your same boat I guess, I don't have the time to raid as much now since I'm in grad school so that's part of the reason I quit. Maybe with their new mmo they can find a way to balance out challenging content and time put in. Surely there's a way to make content challenging without requiring you to wipe on it for weeks but then again the baddies will find a way to wipe on it bringing the game right back to the state wow is in now :shrug:

I just really don't see the fun in smacking the shit out of bosses that are that easy, it's basically just loot pinatas, you can lose half the raid and still kill a boss. Everyone has the same chance to get the same gear and after a month everyone will look the exact same.

I'm kinda in your same boat I guess, I don't have the time to raid as much now since I'm in grad school so that's part of the reason I quit. Maybe with their new mmo they can find a way to balance out challenging content and time put in. Surely there's a way to make content challenging without requiring you to wipe on it for weeks but then again the baddies will find a way to wipe on it bringing the game right back to the state wow is in now :shrug:

I totally agree with this. Last week we were running some fresh 70's through Naxx 10 and everyone dies on 4h with the back 2 bosses still up. The only people up were myself (huntard) and a druid healer.

Fight took 17 minutes, yet we still finished it with no problems.

Sometime before that we spent 11 minutes on DDR boss with just a tank, healer and myself.

Granted it was 10 man, but still, it should not be that easy.

I totally agree with this. Last week we were running some fresh 70's through Naxx 10 and everyone dies on 4h with the back 2 bosses still up. The only people up were myself (huntard) and a druid healer.

Fight took 17 minutes, yet we still finished it with no problems.

Sometime before that we spent 11 minutes on DDR boss with just a tank, healer and myself.

Granted it was 10 man, but still, it should not be that easy.

They said Naxx was going to be easy. It is easy. They acknowledge that it's easy...and that's how they want it. It's an "introductory" raid encounter. Sure, other stuff should probably be harder, but don't list Naxx as an example.

Ulduar is supposed to have a "PVP" fight similar to the Priestess fight in MgT, with random spawns each week. Should be fun for a change of pace anyway, bad comp matchups in that fight in MgT could wreck you if you didn't totally outgear the instance.

I was never that great at aoe tanking with my druid, swipe sucked so bad in bc especially without the t6 bonus, plus I was always running with guild mains who didn't seem to understand a t4 tank can't put out as much threat

The problem with the Mgt pvp fight is that people couldn't adjust from the tank, healer and 3 dps setup. The mobs in that fight had no aggro table, when I tanked on the paly all I did was put on healing gear and cleanse and heal the fight, I would stand off to the side and LoS around pillars and just keep stepping out for a cleanse or flash of light, usually something would run over to attack me so I could just stun it and walk away.

With the setup having 2 healers and 3 dps made it trivial, if people didn't understand line of sight it was always a pain.

Or it could be that you can't tank it since they don't have aggro lists. Just sayin'.

I'm very aware that the fight has no aggro table, I wasn't specifically talking about that fight, just the zone overall and how many mobs were in each pull vs how bad druids were at aoe tanking

I had to pug it a few times and all I remember are the bad rogues not knowing how to sap so they'd get caught and I'd bubble hearth/di.

3.0+ doesn't count

I tanked mh a few times and would usually just pull out a mob or two and run them around a quick circle to get some npcs involved while the pally tank held the front line and put it on cruise control

Back