Tigole gone from WoW

I missed tanking for you guys when you let me. I even miss lil Mossy. Our old BC guild had someone like Mossy, but he literally was a 14 year old and he would be a total douchebag. His latest stunt was doing a 10-man MC run when he refused to make a table he pulled three extra packs of corehounds and went invis and hearthed.

As for anyone else, care to see the irony of my tankadin? :D

Let me guess, you managed to tank the princess in mara on your tankadin?

I think it's great what they did.

yea turning the game into a total carebear fest where everyone is equal is awesome and a lot more fun

I have high hopes for their next project because I love blizzard's work and story lines but in all honesty they found the perfect formula with wow and will probably stick to that in order to churn out retarded amounts of money

yea turning the game into a total carebear fest where everyone is equal is awesome and a lot more fun

I have high hopes for their next project because I love blizzard's work and story lines but in all honesty they found the perfect formula with wow and will probably stick to that in order to churn out retarded amounts of money
My hope is that they do something a bit more hardcore for their new MMO. They have the resources to make a really good game...I think they've got one audience of MMO players taken care of with WoW, they should really cater to PvP more in the next one.

Like something unique like SWG where you don't fucking pick one of x classes and where you don't pick your faction at character creation.

I missed tanking for you guys when you let me. I even miss lil Mossy. Our old BC guild had someone like Mossy, but he literally was a 14 year old and he would be a total douchebag. His latest stunt was doing a 10-man MC run when he refused to make a table he pulled three extra packs of corehounds and went invis and hearthed.

As for anyone else, care to see the irony of my tankadin? :D

Should adjust your build a little, Judgement of the Just is a must, 20% reduction in melee is huge, it effects bosses to it is a 20% reduction in damage on most fights.

Touched by the light is probably one of the highest threat gen talents from prot palys next to One-Handed Weapon Specialization.

I can understand the choice of reckoning and seal of command if you are putting on ret gear and doing dailys, I used to do something similar in TBC in one of the builds I tried out. In WotlK we do a lot more damage in tanking gear even with a good ret set with the right spec. Not sure if there was another reason to have command.

One other thing about reckoning, it doesn't scale very good in WotlK because Seal of Vengeance is our top threat seal and it doesn't do more damage with extra swings, it used to work well with seal of rightousness, but even with the improvement in the patch this week it still doesn't scale up enough.

My current build is a high threat build with a little less mitigation (I skipped Ardent Defender).

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Paladin -> Talent Calculator

I skipped improved blessing of might in the ret tree because I am the only person that has kings in the raid that is always there, and if we don't have a holy paly with improved might (almost always do) we have warriors cover the bonus with their shout. The points in conviction can be used in improved might, Vindication or even command if you feel like messing with it.

I found going for Crusade to be a better choice than Seals of the pure, seals of the pure only increases the damage the seal and the judgement do, Crusade increases the damage of all abilities by 6% (beasts and mechanical would be only a 3% increase), and our other abilities do a lot more damage already.

Here is a Patchwork to see where the paly threat comes from.

Wow Web Stats

Shield of Righteousness (Holy) 18%
Swing (Physical) 16%
Holy Shield (Holy) 13%
Hammer of the Righteous (Holy) 12%
Consecration (Holy) 12%
Blood Corruption (Holy) 10%
Judgement of Corruption (Holy) 9%

In a build that takes crusade in that fight all of those abilities are doing 6% more damage, if seals of the pure is picked up instead only the 6th and 7th ranked abilities will get a 11% increase (15% SoP minus 6% from not having Crusade).

In trash Consecrate and Hammer of righteous cover about 50% of my threat with crusade making a even bigger difference by increasing those by 6%.

This is all from a raiding perspective, if somebody focuses on doing heroics you could pretty much tank those with a full ret spec if the tanking gear is good enough.

I think people who say this are bitter that other don't have to go through the same tortuous grinds they themselves had to do. You know, since games aren't supposed to just be for fun.

Personally I would have unsubscribed shortly after Wrath, or not even have purchased it if Ulduar wasn't on the horizon. Anyone who expected Naxx(lol old content) to be fun/challenging is a fool.

by "on the horizon" you mean probably 6 months and $90 in monthly fees after the xpack was released?

no thanks

I think people who say this are bitter that other don't have to go through the same tortuous grinds they themselves had to do. You know, since games aren't supposed to just be for fun.

it doesn't have to be a tortureous grind in order for the content to be challenging, ie sunwell

it almost feels as though they gave up on wow development to focus on this new mmo.

i just hope the next one will be darker, more dynamic, more challenging than this carebear fest.

Back