Looking for a few members... by AdreNaLiNe - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Looking for a few members...
Page 4 of 13
Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 09-21-2007, 23:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Okay so then if that's an issue do main-only runs and alt-only runs. And if you need an alt make it clear he/she does not get dibs over the mains. I dare say this seems shady in the least. Shady to me is leaders giving loot to people they favor and negating looting rules, like say giving a melee mace to a shaman over rogues and warriors because the shaman is the leader's GF or something like that.
Okay to clear this up for the mentally challenged in the crowd... We haven't had a true 'guild run' of Karazhan since probably March or April, there is no option for a main or alt-only run. Only about 3-4 people in the entire guild have loot they'd like in there (unfortunately I'm one of the few, f'ing shadow dmg neck).

2 players from my guild want to go to Karazhan, one is an alt of a raiding main (not an officer or anything) and the other is a fairly fresh 70 of a guildmate that he plays fulltime. Both are warlocks and neither character raids with us.

The main logged in about 45mins after the raid started and headed to Karazhan incase a spot opened up. Another guildmate only wanted in for a chance at mongoose enchant so he asks if anyone wants to take his spot in guildchat. Both are DPS casters (a mage and a lock) but the lock gets ignored in tells for ~10-15 minutes or so.

Finally the mage and another person in the raid inform the main that he can't join the raid unless he promises he won't roll against the alt warlock on any tier4, weapons, rings or necklaces that might drop. Basically he gets to sit in for rep to get a piece of **** ring he probably won't use for long and is forced to pass any upgrade for either of them to the seldom-played alt.

This just seemed like the **** you'd pull on a PUG invite that wants in, not the type of **** that should be going down amongst guildmates. This was the worst and perhaps only case of selfishness like this I've seen in months from anyone I'm guilded with. Don't read into this as if **** like this goes down on a regular basis, it was an isolated instance - however I know I for one now have very little respect for a few people I've always thought were fair and mature.

Sponsored Links
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 09-22-2007, 00:51
Wow, that really sounds ****ty. The only guild instance I had was officers were giving out extra DKP to alts and friends and letting people spend less than min. bid on ****. I called them on it and was kicked. Everyone else knew it but were silent about it. It was a part-time raiding guild for people who normally can't or won't raid full-time. So they kept silent for fear they'd be kicked too and lose their only chance at raiding without sacrificing their time schedules.

Just another case of selfish short-sightedness. The general theory is that you give the loot to those who are real upgrades and show up for raids. Because then it would make it that much easier to work the next dungeon down the line if all the raiders who are there get the best gear available. You don't do that, and the next bosses are that much harder. Which results in more wipes, which in turn demoralizes the raid and then people eventually don't want to do it or feel they can't do it.

Never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be over **** like that.

kyuss
K-U-R-T
Old
63 - 09-23-2007, 23:36
smaq, you guys selling spots for vortexes? i just got to tich and have only 1/5 vortexes for my SH. are you even running ssc still?

SuperSniperX
Veteranniner
Contributor
Old
64 - 09-24-2007, 00:59
oh god damnit... I really need to level up a toon over there. I made the mistake of moving off a PVP server to a PVE server to raid with friends.

unloader
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 09-24-2007, 07:53
Seems like tich is the spot these days.

d0ur
VeteranX
Old
66 - 09-24-2007, 09:16
unloader

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 09-24-2007, 17:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss View Post
smaq, you guys selling spots for vortexes? i just got to tich and have only 1/5 vortexes for my SH. are you even running ssc still?
We're actually doing SSC this weekend to finish attuning an alt but I don't think Nat plans on ever selling Nether Vortexes to people outside the guild. A week ago we cleared TK to attune an alt warlock and the only nethers we looted were the 2 dropped by Kael, zero trash dropped vortexes. He just said it's too much of a liability to have to drag someone around in hopes that the things drop.

You can always ask Vendetta or Natural and see what they say, but there's a good chance they won't want to do it. Being from Tribes might get your foot in the door, but I wouldn't count on it.

kyuss
K-U-R-T
Old
68 - 09-24-2007, 19:08
no worries. after i posted that i realized that i'll probably be better off w/season 3 sword anyways. plus i have no time to raid anyways. getting involved with ppl outside the guild is sketchy, especially when it comes to selling loot. so i'll save us all a little time and drop it. what a waste of time, sry!

JiVoX
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
69 - 09-24-2007, 19:36
We have quite a few people now, but we need some warlocks, mages and druids. We have a lot of shamans, paladins, and rogues. Anyone is welcome to PvP though, so roll a class you'll have fun with and join us!

Nail Bomb
Banned
Contributor
Old
70 - 09-25-2007, 00:06
you know i have wanted to move to tich for a long long time. my current guild wont let my hunter raid. they just want my rogue.

Do you guys need a warlock or hunter? my hunter is in all of the epic pvp gear and my lock is in BOP blues from dungeons.

i can provide armory links.. let me know, i am tired of my rogue.

TooSmoothe
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 09-25-2007, 00:42
well ****, i haven't been a horde member in a long time, not that any of you (apart from kyuss getting annoying tells from me all the time) here knows who i am, but I'd be very tempted to roll my priest up shadow. I've been out of the game for a while.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 09-25-2007, 01:31
Just to let you guys know, if you're going to roll rogue, don't expect pvp/raid slot unless we're missing a rogue for the night.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to keep people involved. Feel free to roll classes outside of palys/priest/rogues/warriors (MAYBE 1 more).

You're more than welcome to join my guild with any toon you want, I don't care what class you enjoy the most. Hell, even if you're REALLY casual and occasionally want a group to BG with, we won't have 15 for AB/EOTS probably anyway. So you'll have your chances.

Slobax
VeteranX
Old
73 - 09-25-2007, 05:36
Jivox, weren't you going to send me some gold?

But thanks for the invite, barely got any leveling done because i spent like 2 hours with UI/mod troubles.

I'm "Whiskeytown" in the guild for those who didn't catch the switch

Nail Bomb
Banned
Contributor
Old
74 - 09-25-2007, 08:57
Whats the guild name? i am going to wait a few days to think it over but probably end up moving my hunter first, then rouge later.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 09-25-2007, 10:05
ahaha Slobax sorry about that, I passed out after PvP. I'll get to it today and see if I can make you some rings and necklaces from JC. I was in Mulgore and wasn't able to ride around the wall before BGs popped up.

Nail Bomb, the guild name is <Skillz That Killz> (from Dodgeball.) We could use a warlock or hunter too, doesn't really matter. For 5v5s we may split up the guild into separate teams and hop around to each one to gear up the fresh 70s.

edit: Wrong computer, it's Jiv.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
76 - 09-25-2007, 10:50
I am trying to decide what to make next, my paly is 63 now. I have a 70 mage, paly and priest on a another server and have no problems leveling another mage.

I have narrowed it down to shaman, mage or lock.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 09-25-2007, 11:21
Lock. We have Zero (0) locks.

We must be the only guild on the server without 5 locks.

I join a ****ing AV, and there are 12 locks in there. How can we not have locks.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 09-25-2007, 11:38
Wish I could join up but I don't have any PvP-transferable 70s. Besides I'm sure I'd be gkicked inside of 60 seconds or so. Locks are kinda lackluster until you get them into the 20s, then they slowly but surely start hurting people more. Getting new minions sucks though because it takes 6 - 8 levels before they learn anything borderline useful.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 09-25-2007, 11:51
Ya, I have a 15 lock on another server, I figure I got bored of it because I was playing my mage at that point, and a lock plays like a mage at the lower levels.

I was thinking Undead lock, I don't feel like playing another BE.

SuperSniperX
Veteranniner
Contributor
Old
80 - 09-25-2007, 13:00
Yah, i probably won't do much outside of dickin around on my rogue on this server... as I still raid on my rogue main.

edit: **** that, on second thought, i'm here to ninja real's LOOT

Last edited by SuperSniperX; 09-25-2007 at 13:08..
Page 4 of 13

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Looking for a few members...

Social Website Bullshit