couple noob questions (about classes)

-MT-Stealth

Veteran XV
What is the difference between mage and warlock? I wanna do something with magic. I really liked wizards in daoc, and blasters in CoH, so i guess im looking for damage output? Descriptions in game arent very helpful =(

Also, where do east coast pvp people play? Alot of servers are down, so im just going to join a random one to mess around; but later on, i'd like to join my TW warriors.

right now, warlocks are prob the better caster for solo'ing and goups like them as well. Mages can push out a ton of damage, but once you hit your 30+ levels, your downtime becomes a big hassle, while you watch other classes kill 6 or 7 monsters non stop, aid themselves, and then proceed to kill, while you sit there waiting for your mana to replenish. I'd say go warlock for now

so waaaait a sec... can I train ALL the spells that appear in trainer window? there is no limit, like in other games, on which spells i can pick? Seems to me the only limitation is money... ?

-MT-Stealth said:
so waaaait a sec... can I train ALL the spells that appear in trainer window? there is no limit, like in other games, on which spells i can pick? Seems to me the only limitation is money... ?

You can use whatever spells you want to. Talent points spent only modify those abilities.

So yes, the only limit is money.

The warlock kicks the mages ass in every possible way. PVE, PVP, soloing and groups. At this point in time there is no reason to pick a mage over a warlock.

=( . i was doing ok as a mage, took me about 7 hours to get to level 10, soloing was quite easy. I did all the quests by myself, except for the elite monster one. Polymorph is fucking awesome! but other than that, you only use one spell, which gets annoying. I was going to start warlock today, on tw server.

Could you elaborate a little how warlock is better than mage in every category??

okay, another noob question! when are you able to participate in pvp? i was trying to get into this one gate, but it was locked... i think it was pvp area on the other side

Back